Pet movement, stuck and contact gm.

Fearce

Mar 3, 2022
I do not know how you all do with the system but for me it demonstrates again how poorly developed this game is and what needs to be done to even think about a subscription base model and or call this game to be done and ready for a wider audience of players.

Beside the fact that they still have not implemented any nav mesh in houses and that you need to call a gm everytime you want to get your pets out when using your house equerry, the whole following system of pets is a joke. It is unreliable, you can not trust it and on horseback you ALWAYS look back searching for your pet instead of having an immersive feeling when riding though the world. As a Tamer/Dominator/Necro you are forced to keep your eyes on your pet. You can not check the surroundings, you can not enjoy riding around, you are limited and stuck in a clunky system.

Why is this system so far from done and so clunky? @Herius @Robmo

I call gms every 3-5 minutes when riding around with my pet, because it gets stuck in everything (trees, mountains, rocks, lakes, bushes, falls through the ground, randomly disappears, ...). What a heavy workload this must be for gms to assist you with that if all pet user will do it.

It could be so easy to do!
👇
Shortterm to at least make it work somehow:
- Add a "Summon Pet" button to the pet menu with a cooldown of 30 sec. Let it cost some mana if you want but make it teleport the pet right behind the owner. In that case the "contact gm" spam will stop and they can focus on other stuff!

And for the future:
- Fix the Nav mesh to make it follow you in houses and can walk outside of it!
- Add a second layer of movement speed to the pet that activates when you press the "Follow me" button. It adds to the normal movement speed and in that case the pet sticks to your mount even when 3-4 speeding. The combat movement speed will be a different one and in that case can not outrun 3 speeding horses. Speaking off outrunning horses you should add in more variety when it comes to this because in my opinion a terrorbird or a cougar should indeed be able to outrun a horse and damage it.
- For Tamers, finally add the ability to ride pets like bears, wolves, etc ... I do not know what we are talking and arguing about all the time but why is that such a huge problem? I know two tamers quit the game because it got promised over a year back in Henriks stream. Right now you can either bring a 125 bear OR a lower one and a horse. You need to give tamers some love.

All in all this system needs some attention ASAP. You do not need to change the whole and it should be relatively easy to do.

Last edited:

Doom and Gloom

Mar 12, 2022
Yep, it is atrocious.

There are massive issues with MOST of the basic mechanics. They should have first made the game into a single-player version and fully tested if their mechanics are actually functional and enjoyable, instead of adding just SOMETHING and making a huge multiplayer experience and then proceeding to add more of the same low quality shit and saying that it's an amazing experience.

They say if a game works as a board game it can work as a video game, similarly I believe if a game works as a single player game mechanically it can work as a multiplayer game. Rather simple.

Reactions: Fearce

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
Stuck every 3-5 minutes seem a bit exagerate but yes sometimes I stuck when exploring.

Fearce

Mar 3, 2022
Stuck every 3-5 minutes seem a bit exagerate but yes sometimes I stuck when exploring.
I do not know where you are going to travel but I'm mostly on mountains and in forests taking short routes. And I can tell that this is a mess. Especially when you are 3 speeding because at some point you want to arrive, right? So your pet gets lost EVERY couple of minutes. I do not exagerate on this topic. Dragging a pet behind you is far from fun ... it is work AND it is something you should not forced to care in a game!

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
I notice that when your mount is in "follow mode" and you run around player buildings the mount take very weird /long paths.

Reactions: Fearce

Fearce

Mar 3, 2022
I notice that when your mount is in "follow mode" and you run around player buildings the mount take very weird /long paths.
Mounts can at least catch up when in follow mode. So dragging another horse behind you seems to work even in speed 3. I do not know why this not counts for battlepets? I mean i have a theory. This game is so bad coded together that there might be ONLY 1 variable determine the speed of the pet. It uses this variable for everything, follow, in combat move and so on. I can remember that a couple months back the pets where noticeably slower than your horse but it was not that bad that it is now. They reduced the speed of it because people complain of the fast in combat pet movement, but instead of fixing a system and re write the code they simply just reduced the overall movement speed because the only pets they did not reduces the speed are the horses. I would be shocked if that is the answer ...

Last edited: