Patch Notes 0.0.0.40 Discussion

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Source: https://mortalonline2.com/forums/threads/patch-notes-0-0-0-40.466/

Added:
  • Added new out of world bounds to save players falling out of the map.
  • Added three different dagger types. (Can be found in containers in cities, and in the wilderness)
  • Added mountain region to the landscape.
  • Added the Minotaur Dungeon.
  • Added new starter skills for new characters, Poleaxes, Daggers, Ranged Combat and Archery.
  • Added first draft of VOIP. (you can set it up in the settings under Audio)

Changes:
  • Updated the cloud system.
  • Cleaned up a whole lot of server code and did a round of optimization.
  • Updated skill window.
  • Updated character aim offset (how character bends) when looking up and down. The character will now bend less until releasing a swing, when the bend is more exact.
  • New turn cap implemented. Your aim (mouse input) will be unrestricted until you try to spin around. The turn cap will kick in roughly at one quick full turn (360 degrees).

Fixes:
  • Fixed an issue that would cause players to get stuck in charge animation when using click-drag input.
  • Fixed a rare crash.
  • World polish.

Known Issue:
  • Changing volume setting sometimes removes other sounds, reset audio settings to fix. (Sometimes a relog is also required.)

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Phen's Suggestion/Feedback - General discussion for saving forum space ( as if that's needed but i'm to lazy to click like 3 more times. )

No need for the turn cap anymore game seems fine with the animation bending fixed.

Lighting: Still needs some love, whenever entering a building or dungeon it goes super dark. Also looking down brings the brightness back up. Facing NE all seems fine until you look away then it still does the " black out" thing were it goes super dark even if its light out.

Rain sucks: Seems to drop my fps by 15, which really hurts my average of 30 fps. Not like i can say much cause this lappy shouldn't work on MO2 but still, seems like rain makes a fps drop.

VOIP: Needs to be disable and re enabled to work. Though it does work and the dynamics are fantastic. Though yelling louder into your mic doesn't make your voice travel farther in the game. Would love to see that happen, making echos and such!

Sky: Looks better less pixel stuff going on also doesn't have a hard edge in the distance. Looks very good guys.

New Dungeon: Looks dope ... nothing more can be said. It's just dope.

Daggers: I still feel like the weapons are just short. Not the spear but the anything before the spear just feels slightly shorter than it would irl, daggers follow this even more, I get lots of handle and arm hits with how small the head is , as if they are meant for only stabbing, but its still a knife and should be able to be used in all ways. * Still voting for weapons to be longer or make the spear shorter to even out the playing field.

CLUBS DROPPED TO 22!! : Yeah.... sooooo clubs went down to 22 in the skills, would like to see all the combat melee skills capped out at 100 during testing times.

Overall: Great little update, small changes yet good stuff. I did noticed another smaller fps drop of 5 after the new patch. Maybe this is just cause my computer is old and just barely making it. Though it seems to be happening fairly often with each update.

-Phen

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Phen's Suggestion/Feedback - General discussion for saving forum space ( as if that's needed but i'm to lazy to click like 3 more times. )

No need for the turn cap anymore game seems fine with the animation bending fixed.

Lighting: Still needs some love, whenever entering a building or dungeon it goes super dark. Also looking down brings the brightness back up. Facing NE all seems fine until you look away then it still does the " black out" thing were it goes super dark even if its light out.

Rain sucks: Seems to drop my fps by 15, which really hurts my average of 30 fps. Not like i can say much cause this lappy shouldn't work on MO2 but still, seems like rain makes a fps drop.

VOIP: Needs to be disable and re enabled to work. Though it does work and the dynamics are fantastic. Though yelling louder into your mic doesn't make your voice travel farther in the game. Would love to see that happen, making echos and such!

Sky: Looks better less pixel stuff going on also doesn't have a hard edge in the distance. Looks very good guys.

New Dungeon: Looks dope ... nothing more can be said. It's just dope.

Daggers: I still feel like the weapons are just short. Not the spear but the anything before the spear just feels slightly shorter than it would irl, daggers follow this even more, I get lots of handle and arm hits with how small the head is , as if they are meant for only stabbing, but its still a knife and should be able to be used in all ways. * Still voting for weapons to be longer or make the spear shorter to even out the playing field.

CLUBS DROPPED TO 22!! : Yeah.... sooooo clubs went down to 22 in the skills, would like to see all the combat melee skills capped out at 100 during testing times.

Overall: Great little update, small changes yet good stuff. I did noticed another smaller fps drop of 5 after the new patch. Maybe this is just cause my computer is old and just barely making it. Though it seems to be happening fairly often with each update.

-Phen
You'll never hear me utter the words "I like the turn cap and I think its good now". It doesn't interfere with group fights right now and that's all i'll give it.

Reactions: Phen and Dracu

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
That would be great if we have dynamic system in VOIP.I like the VOIP in general it makes the game more social and less sterile,players should have an option to block someone who is abusive but not be able to turn it off.

Last edited: