Patch Notes 0.0.0.18 Discussion

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Source: https://mortalonline2.com/forums/threads/patch-notes-0-0-0-18.312/

Added:
  • Added local post process color changes for different biomes.
  • Added new world fog.
  • Added Click-Drag sensitivity slider.
  • Added support for shield icons and tool tips.
  • Added first shield type. (Can be found in barrels in cities)
  • Added LOD meshes for forests and cities/structures to the landscape. (e.g. you can now see the Tindrem wall and trees in the distance)
  • Applied new temporal anti aliasing (TAA) settings to sharpen the image on highest AA setting. (based on community feedback and other games having similar issues)
Changes:
  • Updated light intensity for day/night cycle.
  • Increased gravity.
  • Lowered all movement speed by 5%
  • Increased lowest possible swing speed cap by 10% (The fastest weapons are now 10% slower)
  • Increased fast click attack damage by 5%
  • Decreased handle hit damage by 50%
  • All Charge speeds are now 10% faster.
  • All swing speeds are now 10% slower.
  • Holding a full charge attack for too long now diminishes the charge power, making you do less damage. (2 sec after reaching full damage charge)
  • Human females are now 175 cm by default.
  • Reduced idle sway in first person. (the previous patch notes were incorrect)
  • Unlocked the left hand weapon slot so that you can equip shields.
  • Improved day and night updates to make the transitions smoother.
Fixes:
  • Fixed issue with not being able to attack the first second after going into combat mode.
  • Fixed foliage not spawning on several places around the map.
  • Fixed an issue where you could quickly change weapons and mix up some stats on them.
  • Fixed issue where really long chat would come out as a string of strange letters.
  • Fixed a couple of rare crashes.
  • Fixed issue where you could block even when not facing the attacker. (Aka 360 blocking)
  • Increased the aim direction responsiveness when using directional swing system.
  • Stuck command can no longer be spammed and have a 10 sec cool down.
Known Issues:
  • Weapon swing trails are white.
  • Sensitivity slider values for Click-Drag are inverted. (0% gives highest sensitivity and 100% lowest)
  • Charge animation in Click-Drag is a bit glitchy at times.
  • Shields does not display on character in character sheet window.

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
I am excited that they have addressed some key issues players have pointed out. I want to get in game and try out a shield too.

However it was weeks for this update, and it also wasn't on a Monday. Why are they straying so far from their depicted weekly/biweekly patching on Monday mornings, already?

Sebastian Persson

Lead Programmer
Staff member
May 27, 2020
Sweden
I am excited that they have addressed some key issues players have pointed out. I want to get in game and try out a shield too.

However it was weeks for this update, and it also wasn't on a Monday. Why are they straying so far from their depicted weekly/biweekly patching on Monday mornings, already?
A lot of the team had 2 weeks off so these were planned to be a early patch in the month and one late.

So some of us had a lil vaccation

Reactions: Xunila

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
How dare you.
I agree, Starvault and the rest of Europe need to learn from American companies in decreasing paid time off to increase productivity. No wonder progress is so slow, the alpha's been out for only 2 months and they're already taking two weeks off!

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
A lot of the team had 2 weeks off so these were planned to be a early patch in the month and one late.

So some of us had a lil vaccation
This kind of information could be covered in a devblog type of style. Transparency and keeping information flowing, even if trivial, is vital to retaining interest and keeping hopes up.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Like the patch. The swing animations for 1h swords with shields are useable. Big improvement from MO1.

Sadly the bug that results in instantly canceling your swing, that can be only removed by blocking and pushing is still there.

Reactions: Zbuciorn and Neftan
D

Dracu

I like the enw patch, the shields are really good, the equipment hits with reduced damage are great making them good but not to good.
The animations are nice too and i love the when swinging one still holds his shield somewhat forward and not just bringing it to the side for less defence. Much mroe realistic that way.
The combat speed is noticable in a good way. It could go a lil bit slower even in my opinion.
Love it

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
I missed patch notes about the Clade Bonus Points in the character window. Nice idea btw.

Valoran

May 28, 2020
I like the enw patch, the shields are really good, the equipment hits with reduced damage are great making them good but not to good.
The animations are nice too and i love the when swinging one still holds his shield somewhat forward and not just bringing it to the side for less defence. Much mroe realistic that way.
The combat speed is noticable in a good way. It could go a lil bit slower even in my opinion.
Love it
Yes the small 5% speed reduction has already made a big difference in making fights less random and chaotic, but I agree that it isn't quite there yet as it is still too fast.

Just a bit more and fights will be much more tactical and controlled.

D

Dracu

Yes the small 5% speed reduction has already made a big difference in making fights less random and chaotic, but I agree that it isn't quite there yet as it is still too fast.

would be cool to have realistic skrimishes, not full on charges all the time. Eneies closing in on eacht other doing a bit of damage then pulling back and rallying up again.

Reactions: Zbuciorn

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020

Too fast? More like too hardcore for you. Go play Adventure Quest if you can't handle the fast paced tactical medieval combat.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway

Then again war and combat is supposed to be random and chaotic. Theres nothing controlled about warfare.

Speed reduction atm is well fine. But I dont hope its a trend like MO1 that continues to go down until we have granny speed again.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Enjoying the combat a bit more this time round, it needs a bit more tweaking but it seems to have improved.

Love the new nights, stars and the ambience overall. Good patch, can't wait for the AI, mobs and basic economy to be introduced.

Reactions: Rorry

Valoran

May 28, 2020
Then again war and combat is supposed to be random and chaotic. Theres nothing controlled about warfare.

Speed reduction atm is well fine. But I dont hope its a trend like MO1 that continues to go down until we have granny speed again.
On the contrary, real combat was a hell of a lot more controlled and slow than what we have in this game.

In real life you can't sprint into enemy formations without dying instantly.

Real melee warfare is tactical, controlled and deliberate, not everyone sprinting around like headless chickens which is what we have at the moment.

• Love
Reactions: woogin and Zbuciorn
D

Dracu

True, formation over just charging.
group rallying up, going into combat, trying to inflict damage and pulling back again.
rinse and repeat till one side fled or surrendered.

And always keep in mind... i know this sounds wierd but.... people didnt want to die...

In ancient times where the spear and shield warfare was really big it was pretty much just line fighting and nearly no chasing due to the heavy shields beeing hard to chase with.

In mo.... well..... idk
I think Gloria Victis did this good, shield walls and Line fighting with a second and third row are possible there and viable but not in mo. You cant really make an efficient shieldwall and attacking from behind a shield is veeeeery difficult with friendly fire.
Mo2 could copy that system from GV where the shield has a 'durability' and it gets disabled once its depleted and refilled after some time.
At that time you only have your 1h weapon to block with.

I would love this 'realistic battles' in mo... lets see how spears go.
The game is just a bit to fast on pretty much most combat aspects.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Zbuciorn

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
It takes a lot of time to get prepared for fights and the battles should be longer and more tactical than MO1.With slower fight the leadership and group choreography could gain some importance.There should be more focus on team fights instead just duelling to promote better organization and reward people who may not be fantastic soloists but are competent soldiers following orders.