Patch 0.0.0.31 Suggestion by Phen -

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Just making a quick place for everyone to start adding their suggestions about the 0.0.0.31 patch!

- First thing i noticed and maybe i'm just a stickler, The Thursars only have a single color to them. My suggestion would be for each subclade to have a slight color tone difference. Just like how the humans have different skin tones, this can easily be done by toning them slightly darker and lighter to make them similar to the human look of different color tones. Even a slight change would give it a nice curiosity to the lore.

-Lots of weapon issues with the spear..... Animations for center attack super to hard to read...- Spear has blunt damage? but does no damage with butt of weapon ( handle hitting with overhead strike )...- Weapon glitched a few times when continuously attacking ( might be only me but i thought i mention it). Range way to long, its like the glitch of 2h weapon when used with the shield, should be less because you have to choke up on the spear to use properly irl that is. Its like the reach is just way to long. OR make all the weapons have this range across the board and adjust the other weapons ( to much work imo but its a suggestion. )

- Turn speed cap. I play with fairly low mouse speeds in game and its super duper slow to turn when drawn back any weapon. <-- unplayable with lower mouse speeds
Also seems to be activated at all times. I feel as if its not helpful to fix the issue of 360 swings and such. My only suggestion i came come up with is to: Have the release of the weapons swing stuck in action with slight movement. Not allow the chars view to change the arc more than 90 degrees. With how the movement left to right is, the char feet dont move until you try and pass the shoulder which looks great. Making the arc have the same amount of movement would be the only fix i can think of. The turn cap just slows down when you look around with a drawn weapon. I play lots of backline and this stops me from protecting a teammate who is retreating. <-- super rough in group fights imo

*Overall removed for now imo, i'm noticing the faster you attempt to move back and forth the more it increase the turn speed reduction. I dont think adding a turn speed reduction is the right. But an actual cap on the turn. Turn speed reduction vs Turn cap on weapon release.

-As a 160 ping player there's still a delay from the client to the server, Clicking before the animation ends still activates the next attack or block before animation completed. Makes it really hard / nearly impossible to see a player with 50 < ping

-Shields need more durability imo, they break super fast compared to the weapons. I feel during testing all items should be addressed as testing based with 10k dura like the starting gear.

-Weapons still seem to glitch out. Not sure what to say about it .... Blocks can still be done in the middle of animation of a swing. No timing skills needed to reset for block or new swing.

Random add ons I believe needs some help.

-Lighting still needs some work, it seems to change when you look in different directions. I would suggest finding some stable lighting source for both day and night. The one using now changes a lot with shadows and the direction your facing.

-When new items are added that need skill leveling, please put this to 100 so we don't waste time leveling skills during alpha. We need to share info fast and taking the time to level just isn't time worthy of a testing group.

-Skill capped. We are capped by the amount of primary skills we can have per char.

That's about all i have found as of right now!!
-Phen

Reactions: Nostrus Daywalker

Livingshade

Jul 4, 2020
turn speed cap is to cap turn speed, OF COURSE IT FEELS SLOW when you attack with low mouse setting mate, even with high mouse setting it is supposed to stop that derpy spin2win

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
turn speed cap is to cap turn speed, OF COURSE IT FEELS SLOW when you attack with low mouse setting mate, even with high mouse setting it is supposed to stop that derpy spin2win

My point is that its unplayable as it is.

Its a reduction of speed as you move your mouse. It does not cap your speed... if it did cap speed then lower mouse speeds wouldn't be so affected by it.. Its a complete reduction of mouse speed. So the system says: Every players mouse speed is equal, Everyone gets a speed reduction after moving the mouse X distance. This increases the farther you move the mouse to prevent 360 spin attacks. ..... .... .... Not every player is using the same mouse speed, making it unplayable.

It should be scaling based on the mouse speed set by the player.
A player using 1-20 gets no resistance from the turn speed reduction, 21-40 gets low reduction of speed, 41-60 medium reduction of speed, 61-80 gets a high reduction of speed, 81-100 gets max speed reduction.

Then the players using lower sens. will not be penalized for something they are unable to do properly anyways. Or if under 40 it doesnt hinder looking around with a weapon drawn till a 180 is done... we still have to turn around to fight back once in awhile...

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I noticed a lot of hate on spears. Some people even were like "if anyone uses them in team fight I just quit", and then quit instantly mid fight.
But in my opinion they are pretty OK. The right slash and the thurst look similar. But they are not equal and I'm able to differentiate them.
Also I wouldn't say they are OP. In a 1 vs 1 I'm able to compete with a sword. But the fear of some players that spears can't be used for 1 vs 1 and are only viable for group fights were unsubstantiated.

Spears in MO2 look a lot more realistic, compared to the super short spears we got there. The first person animations look OK. But the 3rd person animations are damn cool!