One-handed Weapons need work!

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Gimmicks aside, nearly every one-handed weapon was hot trash in MO1 and so far they are unfavored by most in MO2.

Should we make the handle mesh 50-75% smaller on 1-handed hilts? Should we just remove handle hits completely from one handed weapons?

What is it going to take to make them good?

(Nobody wants to hear about your super secret elite dagger recipe and how you dunk kids with it btw)

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Yes 1h suck 99% of the time and need buffs (excluding spears and daggers). I've always felt like a big part of it is that they are slower and worse stam, while being worse damage, than the equivalent 2h.

Now shields exist, so 1h should obviously have some down sides vs 2h. But. I feel like 1h could be the same speed or faster than 2h, and same stam as equivalent 2h, but its max hit is still lower and the range sux. This would make the shield fair I think.

By 'equivalent' weapon, I mean like the heavy short sword vs the heavy great blade. Ect. Last time I checked, the heavy great blade used less stam and was faster than the heavy short sword, and did more damage. And same goes for others.

Yes handle hitbox is rough on 1h but I think the core issue is the garbage speed and stam. Too easy to parry, and you stam out. so at that point it doesnt matter if your handeling or not. But I woulds love some 1h buffs. Currently the only '1h' weapons that are viable is spears and daggers, as usual.

Reactions: Xronim and Gronil

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
i would like to see at least 1 longer 1 handed sword. A sword that can be dual wielded and used together with a shield. Spears are very nice, becuase you can use them in a specific angel to confuse the opponent. A new Player have hard times to read if you make a right or mid attack, if you use the Spear with both hands. The benefit of the Spear is, that you can also wield it 1 handed, together with a shield, if someone shoots arrows at you and deequip the shield, if you want to finish someone off in a 1 vs 1 Situation. I think the Spear need to get a piercing overhead attack, but only if used with both hands, becuase this would be too powerful together with a shield.

If you are a swords user, you would have to craft 2 weapons and it take too long time to equip another weapon and then a shield. I don´t like this at all, and i don´t have enough Skillpoints to skill Swords and Spears.

With a 1 handed Sword you should be possible to jump further, to get a bit more range. A jumping Overhead would be nice. I loved to play the Alvarin, becuase you could jump out of range of the counterparry attack, or get a bit more range with your overhead, if you jump towards the opponent, but the Stamina consumption have been increased a lot, so this is no viable option anymore.

Another Idea would be that we deal full combo Swing Damage, if we cancel a fully charged Swing into an attack from another direction. We shoudl get this faster Windup Animation, if we feint a charged Swing into another attack. That would improve the combat. Players shoudl rather feint a fully charged Swing, sinstead of hitting the ground to get a faster Windup Animation.

Last edited:

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
They just need to make dual wielding always add both weapons damage for a swing. Then dual wielding would be very good for pvp, low range but high damage. 1h sword and shield can stay the same seeing as you're adding a shield for protection to remove extra damage (dual wield, or 2h)

So if you dual wield a weapon when you swing any direction both weapons pull back and both weapons hit which is basically adding both weapons stats into 1 hit. So 1 sword = 20 damage, dual wielding 2 swords = 40 damage.