NPC town black list Yes/No

Allow guilds to own a NPC town, and then allow them to have black list.

• Yes

Votes: 54 63.5%
  • No

Votes: 28 32.9%
  • results

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Does the community want black listing to be a thing for NPC towns like the ones owned by tind empire or MK empire. Examples are Fab, vadda, medudu, bahkti, both capitals, ect...

Black listing is where the owner of a town which is a guild who won the town, sets the guards to attack certain people on sight.

I personally think it favors zerg guilds as they can own the town using a big zerg in a concentrated time and then black list their enemies who would normally fight them with hit and runs. Most of the bigger/zerg guilds can only keep numbers high for short periods of time. They need to ping discord and wait upto a hour for numbers, or they preset a time for the PvP. They normally cant respond fast enought to get people to come zerg smaller guilds in the moment. Having guards will prevent players from staging in towns to harrass the larger guilds which is the main way of combating them by whittling down their numbers and moral.

Black listing also in my veiw harms the community as people can force players out of the game or mass target indivuals for harrasment to greif them out of the game. It is mainly a power used to protect the powerfull.

I dont think non player towns should have a black list. Player towns can set the rules for their own guards.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
You dont have to worry being blacklisted if you are citizen of that specific city not griefieng or killing innocents, but helping out other players or just minding your own business.
I have not experinced this. Usualy its the zerg guilds greifing who would own the town. They get greifed back in return.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
It is hard to answer because there are two separate things in the question.

First is should players be able to take control of a town.

And second is should guilds that control a town be able to blacklist.

A person has to either agree or disagree with both to be able to answer.

Reactions: Rikart

Tzone

May 16, 2021
It is hard to answer because there are two separate things in the question.

First is should players be able to take control of a town.

And second is should guilds that control a town be able to blacklist.

A person has to either agree or disagree with both to be able to answer.
So the question is should NPC towns have black list. A black list where guards will attack on sight any player listed and is controlled by players.

Im assuming that to get guards to black list you have to own the town. I also assume owning towns would be tied to guilds.

Chef

Sep 17, 2021
My vote is allow turning guards off with a 24 hour cool down on the toggle. Allowing people to blacklist someone out of a town with lictors involved sounds like a great way to destroy population.
I think this game isn't for you. This was a hardcore mechanic back in MO1 which encouraged guilds to fight over control over towns. Unlike BDO or other games, control of a town grants serious perks such as taxation, guard control, and blacklisting. Removing blacklisting takes away a huge incentive for guilds to fight for towns. The only people that don't want blacklisting are small fry griefers and trolls because it negatively impacts them the most.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
So the question is should NPC towns have black list. A black list where guards will attack on sight any player listed and is controlled by players.

Im assuming that to get guards to black list you have to own the town. I also assume owning towns would be tied to guilds.

In the first game capital cities could not be captured/controlled. So there was no way to black list in those cites.

But the smaller towns and cities could be controlled with black lists added.

I think there was some sort of balance there as players had the option to live in capital cities if they did not want to risk getting kicked from a town.

So, my answer would be yes if the capital cities where not included.

Reactions: Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I think this game isn't for you. This was a hardcore mechanic back in MO1 which encouraged guilds to fight over control over towns. Unlike BDO or other games, control of a town grants serious perks such as taxation, guard control, and blacklisting. Removing blacklisting takes away a huge incentive for guilds to fight for towns. The only people that don't want blacklisting are small fry griefers and trolls because it negatively impacts them the most.
You are the type of person that says the game is this or that but will whine ASAP when they start hurting zergs. They can still have taxes and own their own non npc cities that they can incentives players to with banning who they want through black list. Most of your post are in bad faith.

You dont want a hardcore game, you just want a game that caters and makes it easier for zergs.

Pretty much you want to allow large greifer guilds to flourish while suppressing dissent against the zerg guild. The guilds saying small greifer guild bad are doing the exact same thing that small greifer guilds do but on larger scale. Its just dishonest hypocrisy to call other guilds rats/greifers when the zergs are far more at fault.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Oh, please.
You dont have to worry being blacklisted if you are citizen of that specific city not griefieng or killing innocents, but helping out other players or just minding your own business.
In some dream world, certainly; in reality, perhaps; in a Mortal game, just 'maybe'. You'll probably get blacklisted for what we would think was a good reason, but there's no guarantee.

But that's not an argument against blacklisting; that's just a reality report on how a sandbox game feature will be used. It translates to 'however anyone who can wants to'.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
I dont think non player towns should have a black list. Player towns can set the rules for their own guards.
I was always happy with the Myrland capitals (Tindrem & Morin Khur) being FREE from player control, more or less because (among other reasons) they are much, much bigger than anything a guild could reasonably build. The mid-sized and small towns are not.

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
I think blacklisting should be a thing. If a group/guild puts in the effort to control a town then that guild should have the option to some extent on who is allowed there. Probably 80-90% of players won't experience blacking listing unless they are from an enemy guild. Makes sense because you don't want your enemy in your town. And those griefing in towns weather that's naked banging a player or pet. A guild should be able to shut them out of the town. I'm not sure what the connection of Zerg guilds and town control though. If there is no blacklisting then being able to kill non coalition guilds/people in town shouldn't cause a loss of reputation or mc within city limits

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021

it wouldnt be an issue if murder counts made you red.

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021
They do make you red. Red is different now. Rep is more important than MC's.
rep doesnt matter, kill 100 people, go kill 10 risars. Profit. You dont turn red.

Murdering someone should make you red, the rep should be if the townspeople want to associate with you or not.

As it stands, you can murder as many people as you want, then kill a couple risars and come back into town. Takes no time to do. If youre a murderer you shouldnt be allowed in civilized areas

Tzone

May 16, 2021
rep doesnt matter, kill 100 people, go kill 10 risars. Profit. You dont turn red.

Murdering someone should make you red, the rep should be if the townspeople want to associate with you or not.

As it stands, you can murder as many people as you want, then kill a couple risars and come back into town. Takes no time to do. If youre a murderer you shouldnt be allowed in civilized areas
Most people who are killing are going red in consensual pvp. We wait outside fab, people group up to fight us and they lose. Then they murder count us. If they didnt want to pvp they could have not come out to pvp.
This is not counting protecting your self from greifers who usually wont go gray first so they can MC yoy if they lose.

Reactions: NaaK

Chef

Sep 17, 2021
You are the type of person that says the game is this or that but will whine ASAP when they start hurting zergs.
Why are you trying to generalize me/put me into some sort of group? I'm just stating the facts here.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
My pet idea for this is too unpopular to show its face, but it's something about being able to blacklist people who've already been caught stealing in the town. Not murderers; thieves that the guards have killed before.

It wouldn't keep all of them out, but you'd get a more accoimplished class of thief. Only those with proper Connections?

D

Deleted member 44

24 hour blacklist with 24 hour cool down. High glory cost. You shouldn't be able to perma lock people of the city. That's just as much greifing as doing whatever the city owner didn't like.

Reactions: Tzone