New starter questions

Blackdoll

Dec 3, 2022
Hello,

I am an old MMORPG player, but very new to Mortal 2 online. I see that the creators are very stingy in giving tips and cannot find footage on yt dispelling my doubts.
I have a question for experienced players referring to PVP balance.

Could you explain to me which classes are better for PVP (eg: duels) and which for PvE (eg: dungeons). If I mean PVP I am not writing about how advanced the player is, I am writing about the skills of a certain class and superiority over others. Eg: in WoW Death Knight always beats Discipline Priest and does not matter to me that this priest can win with a weak DK player. My question is to the players on a high level.

1) If I play mainly PVE - which class in yr opinion is the best?
2) If I play mainly PVP in the group - which class in yr opinion is the best?
3) If I play duels and solo PVP 1vs1 - the same question.

Thank you for all answers!

Last edited:

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
There are no classes in MO2. Only a collection of skills.

But what you are looking for is an alvarin foot fighter or a sheevra dex mage.

Blackdoll

Dec 3, 2022
*There are no classes in MO2.*
Of course, there are classes that you cannot perceive. In Albion online there are no classes. If you do not understand that it makes no sense to build human 110 STR and 89 INT as a mage, you do not understand how this game virtually works.

*But what you are looking for is an (...)*
I did not write what I was looking for. Asked 3 questions.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Well you have no idea about the game and it was clear with your questions, so why are you getting snappy at someone who told gave you the correct answers.

Blackdoll

Dec 3, 2022
Well you have no idea about the game and it was clear with your questions, so why are you getting snappy at someone who told gave you the correct answers.

I have no idea about mechanics, because I do not know this game at all. But in the beginning, I can perceive much more than you if you both say there are no classes.

Society of New Word (Amazon) also claims there are no classes in the game which is not true. Ofc, there are no such visible classes like eg: in WoW but classes are hidden in the same way as in Mortal. Eg: I would like to transform my healer in New World into a warrior. To do that, I have to reset my talent tree (costs money) and remove all points from Intelligence and add them to STR. Works like in WoW. If I wanted to be a DPS from Healer - had to remove all my talents and add them somewhere else. So what is the difference?

In Mortal online 2 if I have Thursar with 120STR and want to be a mage after some time, it makes no sense to become a mage with 85 INT CAP, because you will be weaker than others.

The only game which is truly classless is Albion Online.

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
If this is the way you respond to someone trying to save you from a reroll cycle then good luck.

You also seem to be confusing "classes" with skill templates.

To give this an answer:
Of course, there are classes that you cannot perceive. In Albion online there are no classes. If you do not understand that it makes no sense to build human 110 STR and 89 INT as a mage, you do not understand how this game virtually works.

The reality is that you -can- build a human like that, a "paladin" build generally has this stat breakdown or a "tribrid".
Now if it's the best build or not it's debatable, but you CAN make one.

Reactions: cybin

Blackdoll

Dec 3, 2022
*The reality is that you -can- build a human like that, a "paladin" build generally has this stat breakdown or a "tribrid".*
But I am writing about changing mind to a full mage - not a "tribrid" as you called it.

So if I have 120STR warrior (Thursar), and desire to be a full "caster", the better idea as a mage is just a different class with different stats to not differ in skills from other mages. I don't need 120 STR then because it's better to have more mana cap.

THAT IS WHY I WRITE THE CLASSES ARE HIDDEN. There are many "classless" games like Mortal or New World, but the only true one is Albion.

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
*The reality is that you -can- build a human like that, a "paladin" build generally has this stat breakdown or a "tribrid".*
But I am writing about changing mind to a full mage - not a "tribrid" as you called it.

So if I have 120STR warrior (Thursar), and desire to be a full "caster", the better idea as a mage is just a different class with different stats to not differ in skills from other mages. I don't need 120 STR then because it's better to have more mana cap.

THAT IS WHY I WRITE THE CLASSES ARE HIDDEN. There are many "classless" games like Mortal or New World, but the only true one is Albion.
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

You can easily reassign stats between STR and INT, so it's technically possible to play a thursar as a mage "class", but their INT cap is too low to make a -good- mage.

What defines you to be able to play different "classes" (in reality, skill templates) is the race which defines maximum stat caps. This means a thursar makes for a better melee fighter than a human, their STR cap can be higher. On the flipside a human makes a better mage than a thursar since their INT cap can be higher.

None of this changed what you are looking for, a sheevra dex mage or veela foot fighter. Speed is king.

PS: If you want to play a "full mage" as you call it there's a couple of options to be more exact. For solo/small group pvp sheevra dex mage since they'r the fastest, for group pvp human or oghmir fat mage since speed won't matter that much. All mages can do pve with pets/domination.

Blackdoll

Dec 3, 2022
You can easily reassign stats between STR and INT, so it's technically possible to play a thursar as a mage "class", but their INT cap is too low to make a -good- mage.
That is what I am saying - hidden classes. The game is classless but I have to do the same things to convert as it had classes. So what's the difference if my Thursar fits only as a fighter. To play on a certain level I need to create the next "class" which is called a race in the game to get the desired amount of INT or PSY.

KebekLorde

Jan 27, 2022
1. Fatmage zombie necromancer with domination / Footfigher with full mounted skills - depends on what and where you want to farm and if alone or with people.
2. Depends on the role you want to fulfill. Skill, experince, coordination is what matters there the most, any actual build works if you're good and have good gear.
3. Full footie thursar for straight melee fights / any pet using "class" to cheese free kills on random solos with huge pets