New Player Quick Start Guide

Timothias

Dec 28, 2021
I just got MO2, never played the first one. I hit the web for more information and found this- thank you! I decided to go with the pally allrounder build and, I cant figure out where you get all the points for your listed primary skills?? I dbl checked to make sure I didn't wasted points in primary's and still am way short- did something change? I dont have enough for Mounted Archery :-( Any advice?
I'm noticing the same thing. That build has way more skill points than you have available.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
I just got MO2, never played the first one. I hit the web for more information and found this- thank you! I decided to go with the pally allrounder build and, I cant figure out where you get all the points for your listed primary skills?? I dbl checked to make sure I didn't wasted points in primary's and still am way short- did something change? I dont have enough for Mounted Archery :-( Any advice?

No nothign changed. you might have skilled a second skill to 100. A primary subskill that show as 0 but is trained to 100 but capped from the first skill to 0 becuase you dropped it. Check effective skill lvl and skillt rained to... they you see which skill you have to drop.

Draftbrew

Jan 13, 2022
for the hybrid builds - would you be stretching yourself too thin with archery, melee and magic?

Bartlebe

Jan 15, 2022
How would you change 1c into more of a mage?

Also, 1c doesn't ride horses right? No mounted skills?

Kovah Temsik

May 3, 2021
I would trade 6 dex for more psy on that human hybrid build, 91 is enough for 420 combat move speed and all your builds would get absolutely demolished by a decent mage with their psy being so low.

Dcw1sfu

Mar 31, 2021
which build ? see my last post why this is not the case.

I think you chose the clad to give +15 to mounted skills although your clad build doesn't show it. Only way I see you getting +23 to controlled riding and +19 to mounted archery.

surmav

Aug 31, 2022
how do I know which points to assign from the start? During character creation, there are points to be assigned.
It looks like the stats are different for me, although I followed the size, height, and weight for the light hybrid. Is that a problem when the stats are a bit off?
1662061290692.png

Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
how do I know which points to assign from the start? During character creation, there are points to be assigned.
It looks like the stats are different for me, although I followed the size, height, and weight for the light hybrid. Is that a problem when the stats are a bit off?

There is a thread best age race and size for every build

Reactions: Najwalaylah

surmav

Aug 31, 2022
Looks good now, all it took was some skill training, and the stats are now matching :) I´m wondering, why are we supposed to lock the stats? In the example of the light hybrid build, the character screen has the stats locked.

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
Looks good now, all it took was some skill training, and the stats are now matching :) I´m wondering, why are we supposed to lock the stats? In the example of the light hybrid build, the character screen has the stats locked.

didn't follow from the start , but locking a stat when you have achieved the goal is to reduce to zero the risk of the said stat to gain or lose a point in case of an error

surmav

Aug 31, 2022
didn't follow from the start , but locking a stat when you have achieved the goal is to reduce to zero the risk of the said stat to gain or lose a point in case of an error

But why wouldn't we want to gain a stat? Isn't the higher number better?

surmav

Aug 31, 2022
because the total number is limited ^^ so if the optimatal str is 85 for your build then you gonna lock it at 85 so it don't take a point out of another stat ^^

Thanks, this makes sense! Completely unique mechanics compared to other MMOs. Basically, you can't be good at everything at once.

Reactions: Bladeer01

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Are the builds up to date? Still useful? Interested in the Alvarin fastest hybrid.
Yea pretty much. If you play solo i highly recommend fitting in 33 points in Taming so you can tame your own horses. Maybe take it from defensive stance or something. You will hate your life if you lose your horse in the wild and have to walk anywhere. And pretty much any pvp you will lose your horse with that build, even if you manage to survive.

Reactions: Eustaquio