New player here, looking for guidense

Bigbadwolff

Mar 29, 2021
Hello,
Not actually a new player because, in my steam account i can only put Mortal online 2 to wish list :confused: so i cant download it.

I think will be a long post so bear with me :D

1st my background: play mmorpgs since 2001, all kinds skillbased or lvl based, sci-fi or fantasy medieval
lost game i played for 1 year was Eve in the risk vs reward its same as this, only this game si more like survival mmorg, with that beeing said I'm starting to learn the game before I actually play and as far I can see character creation is very important role and you can have only one so here were I'm being very confused about it, started to look for guides but no luck in understanding, even found a tool webpage https://mortaldata.com/ and played around with it but still no.

1st of all here what i understood:
age 23 max hight and max wight gives you more health points
50 int - so u can read books and having 80 to 70 int is the same as 50 int if you wana use spells

2nd that u have a number of action skills and porf skill points and what i understood the web say that u have 1100 action and 1100 prof, now i found this youtube guide
but as i put them on https://mortaldata.com/ u have like 1300 action points and something doesnt add up or u can use on skill use it for some time and then drop it and learn something else and that will make sence

What i want out of my character

to be very fast
to use bow for hunting, and a sword sheild for last resort, you know perry something and then run for the hills :D
to mount up and hunt mounted
to tame wolfs, bears and all kind of animals to attack or help me hunting
heal my pets
because i mostly will be playing alone i wana know if ther is something that helps you see in dark and if i can use camuflaj or something like that
in case i die and lose all when i respawn to build back with no efort bow and arrows
gather stuff and build gear to sell or for me
hold my own in pvp at a rate of 70% not the best but the skill of the player makes the character shine :D

Basicly is to learn the game, if i can swap skills would be great

the base stats STR/DEX/CON/INT/PSY u learn them as u play the game? or are set in stone at char creation?

I understand that Vela vela vela vela is good for this kind of thing hybrid is called

I hope can help me out so will be prepared for my journey whne i start to play, the no map thing ca be very challenging.

Thank you

PS: i saw all the Heaven guides that is non pvp and at 1st can stay and learn esential skills and the set off

• Love
Reactions: Speznat

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I cant say much about character builds and such (I don't focus on it much.) but here are a few things I can contribute.

First, with STR/DEX/CON/INT/PSY you get some points for this on creation and they increase later in play as well. Though different builds will have different caps and I believe the build also effects the number of points you will have to go towards these attributes.

Also note that skills have base attributes that give bonus points towards the skill as the attribute gets higher. For example INT will give bonus points to most crafting skills. These bonus points do not count towards you pool of points. These could be where the extra points you are seeing are coming from.

Another thing is that there are primary and secondary skills. The primary skills are the only ones that subtract from your pool. Primary skills can be decreased to regain points to put into other skills.

Last edited:

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
you have a max pool of base stats that you can spend in either of your attributes( same for all). Each race though gets a dif cap on each attribute (a Veela has the highest dex cap of all for example, but low strength). You can only go past those cap with either gaining/losing weight or clades . You don’t have enough attribute points to max all your attributes. Usually you can max 3 of them and have a few to spare. Yes you train the rest as you play I game.

now for the confusing part. Each attribute give a small bonus in some skills points(these are the 1100 ones). Like Int gives bonus to magic schools. So instead of having to spend 100 skill points to get your magic school to 100, you just need to spend say 96 and your high Int gives you the other 4 to make the effective skill 100.

As for your build.....you want to be able to do lots of things lol. Yes Veela is the fastest on foot so start there, and yes they are good for mages and hybrids but not sure you’ll be able to do absolutley everything. Like magic, pets, sword/shield, bow.....you might have pick 2 of those.
Basic riding is secondary but you won’t be able to fight mounted unless you build strictly for that and it’s usually not Vheelas.
This games forces you to specialize. So to be a full mage, or fighter etc you’ll need all 1100 points. Hybrids are possible but they are not easy to play because they are ok at a few things but not great at anything.

you can change your skill points at any time through books and actions, but you are stuck with the attributes cap of that race. Unless you re roll a new race. So for example a Vheela will never be the best race for full melee fighter build. Youll have to re roll a Kallard or Heuger for that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Speznat and Amadman

Bigbadwolff

Mar 29, 2021
First, with STR/DEX/CON/INT/PSY you get some points for this on creation and they increase later in play as well. Though different builds will have different caps and I believe the build also effects the number of points you will have to go towards these attributes.

Also note that skills have base attributes that give bonus points towards the skill as the attribute gets higher. For example INT will give bonus points to most crafting skills. These bonus points do not count towards you pool of points. These could be where the extra points you are seeing are coming from.

Another thing is that there are primary and secondary skills. The primary skills are the only ones that subtract from your pool. Primary skills can be decreased to regain points to put into other skills.

Thank you for your answer it was very helpfull to figure a part of what i didnt understood.
I played around with the builder and here with what I came up with
i modify the value at INT to 80 and PSY to 67 so for all skills in Domestication u have a +11 bonus points so that mena i have to put 89 points in to hav it max out a primary skill like "Beats master" right? but olso i have to have 89 point in "Domestication" and are not used by Action points, that i need to figure it out : :D .

Thank you

Reactions: Amadman

Bigbadwolff

Mar 29, 2021
you have a max pool of base stats that you can spend in either of your attributes( same for all). Each race though gets a dif cap on each attribute (a Veela has the highest dex cap of all for example, but low strength). You can only go past those cap with either gaining/losing weight or clades . You don’t have enough attribute points to max all your attributes. Usually you can max 3 of them and have a few to spare. Yes you train the rest as you play I game.

now for the confusing part. Each attribute give a small bonus in some skills points(these are the 1100 ones). Like Int gives bonus to magic schools. So instead of having to spend 100 skill points to get your magic school to 100, you just need to spend say 96 and your high Int gives you the other 4 to make the effective skill 100.

As for your build.....you want to be able to do lots of things lol. Yes Veela is the fastest on foot so start there, and yes they are good for mages and hybrids but not sure you’ll be able to do absolutley everything. Like magic, pets, sword/shield, bow.....you might have pick 2 of those.
Basic riding is secondary but you won’t be able to fight mounted unless you build strictly for that and it’s usually not Vheelas.

yes its fun to think you can do all but Im realistic so I listed all that i saw and wanted so i can narrow some of them base of how i see it develop :D

and now u mean if i dont have skill in shields i cant use a normal shield or if i need to use a sword to parry a attack just because i have all point put in bow skills?

about riding saw a video of a guy riding and iti dint apear to be fast as I thinked so I might drop it

Thank you for answer and good luck

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
yes its fun to think you can do all but Im realistic so I listed all that i saw and wanted so i can narrow some of them base of how i see it develop :D

and now u mean if i dont have skill in shields i cant use a normal shield or if i need to use a sword to parry a attack just because i have all point put in bow skills?

about riding saw a video of a guy riding and iti dint apear to be fast as I thinked so I might drop it

Thank you for answer and good luck
You can use a shield with low skill but you will use more stam than if you had full skill, you will also probably only be able to use very light and small shields. Some weapons also have a minimum required attribute to be able to use it. Like bows. Most bows require a minimum strength and then skill points into archery to minimize how much stam you use, and maximize how much damage you do.

riding is secondary so everyone will be able to ride mounts.

primary skills is what you have to spend skill points in. Secondary skills everyone can have them.

Cobblecat

Mar 29, 2021
From what little experience I have with pets, they're not that good. I have a Springbok that got stuck on a rock the size of a football and it took ages for it to unstick itself and continue following. I tell my pets to attack (tried both the Springbok and the Wolf) and it seems to do nothing but stand right up against my target and it causes no discernible damage. The AI is atrocious, too, when Following, especially on mountain terrain. I didn't realise you had to stable pets before logout and lost 2 or 3 that way until someone mentioned this in chat.

Love the game though, even just 2 days in!

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
To Cobblecat.
Yes unfortunately taming is not nearly as viable at it sound for pvp. Mostly because, like you said, the AI is atrocious. Just getting your pet to follow and not get stuck is a challenge. Same problems happen when you use it to attack. Damage is low and not very reliable and even when they do attack successfully most players can just block attacks with centre block. Even in MO1, where they had fixed most pathing and AI issues, most pets were very ineffective in pvp.
Only the highest level pets like spiders, bull molvas, battle ants, and some of the sarducca animals were any good in pvp. Most other pets are just too easy to block, and have too little hp to survive being focused . Now, this might change in MO2 but not guaranteed.

domination (not in game yet)has some high level pets that were somewhat good, like minatour, fire bats, and spider queen.

keep in mind too that Necroamancy(also not in game yet) also has pets and those ended up being the strongest pets in the game. Like Shades, Death Knights, and the big pudge one (can’t remember the name).

Also, a lot of the above mentioned animals /creatures are not in game yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cobblecat

Cobblecat

Mar 29, 2021
Even in the Haven area (I'm new to the game so still there) the pets seem to do nothing to targets either. I've stabled the pets for now as it's less hassle at the moment. :)

Cobblecat

Mar 29, 2021
Ah, so because the Springbok and the Boar are "non-aggressive" they are pretty useless then. I have a Young Wolf which I'll keep, delete the herbivores and try for a Bear of some kind, or maybe add another Young Wolf as long as I have the points for it. Thanks for the info. :)

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
Hello,
Not actually a new player because, in my steam account i can only put Mortal online 2 to wish list :confused: so i cant download it.

1st my background: play mmorpgs since 2001, all kinds skillbased or lvl based, sci-fi or fantasy medieval
lost game i played for 1 year was Eve in the risk vs reward its same as this, only this game si more like survival mmorg, with that beeing said I'm starting to learn the game before I actually play and as far I can see character creation is very important role and you can have only one so here were I'm being very confused about it, started to look for guides but no luck in understanding, even found a tool webpage https://mortaldata.com/ and played around with it but still no.

50 int - so u can read books and having 80 to 70 int is the same as 50 int if you wana use spells

2nd that u have a number of action skills and porf skill points and what i understood the web say that u have 1100 action and 1100 prof, now i found this youtube guide
but as i put them on https://mortaldata.com/ u have like 1300 action points and something doesnt add up or u can use on skill use it for some time and then drop it and learn something else and that will make sence

to be very fast
to use bow for hunting, and a sword sheild for last resort, you know perry something and then run for the hills :D
heal my pets
because i mostly will be playing alone i wana know if ther is something that helps you see in dark and if i can use camuflaj or something like that
in case i die and lose all when i respawn to build back with no efort bow and arrows
hold my own in pvp at a rate of 70% not the best but the skill of the player makes the character shine :D

the base stats STR/DEX/CON/INT/PSY u learn them as u play the game? or are set in stone at char creation?

I understand that Vela vela vela vela is good for this kind of thing hybrid is called

I hope can help me out so will be prepared for my journey whne i start to play, the no map thing ca be very challenging.

Thank you

PS: i saw all the Heaven guides that is non pvp and at 1st can stay and learn esential skills and the set off

People saying you cant do everything you listed on one character are wrong. You can do everything you listed, you dont need max skills to do stuff and you dont need to get every single archery sub skill to be able to shoot a bow and do good DMG.

You get archery with no subskills, you get mounted archery, riding (you can drop riding subskills if its not your main thing), taming and creature control, no heavy armor, you can probably squeeze magic in, all movement skills, depending on wether you want to focus on archery or melee, you can drop skills from one of those. It sounds like a lot but kids are delusional if they think it cant be done and actually work.

The more you are willing to compromise on some aspects of what you want, the more viable your build can be.

edit: I would like to add that making a build like that would definitely be very hard for a new player because you need a lot of experience to know what skills you can drop, what skills dont need to be maxed and what skills are worth the most.

Last edited:
Reactions: Amadman and Speznat

Bigbadwolff

Mar 29, 2021
People saying you cant do everything you listed on one character are wrong. You can do everything you listed, you dont need max skills to do stuff and you dont need to get every single archery sub skill to be able to shoot a bow and do good DMG.

You get archery with no subskills, you get mounted archery, riding (you can drop riding subskills if its not your main thing), taming and creature control, no heavy armor, you can probably squeeze magic in, all movement skills, depending on wether you want to focus on archery or melee, you can drop skills from one of those. It sounds like a lot but kids are delusional if they think it cant be done and actually work.

The more you are willing to compromise on some aspects of what you want, the more viable your build can be.

edit: I would like to add that making a build like that would definitely be very hard for a new player because you need a lot of experience to know what skills you can drop, what skills dont need to be maxed and what skills are worth the most.

thank you for your reply :cool:, good advice an very welcome :D

Good luck

Bigbadwolff

Mar 29, 2021
Hello,
I finnaly bought the game and made a my toon played for 4 hours, great game so far :D, fighting the zombies was chalenging, the blocking mostly.

This is my caracter i wana skill into

Can I wear fullgrain bone heavy armor with just max armor training?

Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot at 2022-03-23 09-32-02.png
    Screenshot at 2022-03-23 09-32-02.png
    51.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot at 2022-03-23 09-31-15.png
    Screenshot at 2022-03-23 09-31-15.png
    46.7 KB · Views: 8

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Hello,
I finnaly bought the game and made a my toon played for 4 hours, great game so far :D, fighting the zombies was chalenging, the blocking mostly.

This is my caracter i wana skill into

Can I wear fullgrain bone heavy armor with just max armor training?

Thank you
It depends what weight you make that bone armour. In your paper doll ( under statistics) it tells you what armour weight you can use. I think with only armour training it gets up to a max of around 12kg. If you want more, you have to skill up heavy armour training (or have clades like Ogmirs).

Last edited:

Bigbadwolff

Mar 29, 2021
It depends what weight you make that bone armour. In your paper doll ( under statistics) it tells you what armour weight you can use. I think with only armour training it gets up to a max of around 12kg. If you want more, you have to skill up heavy armour training (or have clades like Ogmirs).

It say 13,62 kg on Armor Weight, I saw someone here say that if u dont use magic u can use the lowest plate armor with just skill armor training at 100 and it gives way better stats then any leather armor.

Good luck

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Welcome to Mortal Online 2 and nice to see you are off to a good start.

A few bits of advice that might come in handy as you progress:

Some materials are better for certain types and components of crafting. Bone tissue for example, are better (not the best, but better) for weapon handle durability, but terrible for slashing or piercing weapon heads. Compared to, say, greywood, which provides only half the amount of durability as bone tissue.

Distance between your weapon head and handle relative to your target's hit boxes. If you are too close when you land your strike, you may end up hitting your target with the handle instead of the head, dealing only minimal or nil damage. Same goes for if you hit the target's equipped gear like shield or weapon instead of the target itself, which would register as an equipment hit.

In your travels, you may come across interesting events involving other players. I suggest you observe from a safe distance and avoid the temptation to be a curious third party to those events. Also, you may want to avoid using the roads at times. I'm mentioning this because I recently failed to follow some of my own rules for myself, and let's just say that it didn't go too well. 😅

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
Hello,

to be very fast
heal my pets

Thank you

As I said in the video it really comes to the point of what you exactly need and I mean you cna change skills fast. So it really dont matter so much. And you have 1300 points because you have 1200 proffesion points and with your attr bonus you have mostly around 100 extra so you have 1300 proffesion points. xD

Everything can be swaped easy so no problem. better try it out and see where it goes that explains much more than somone is telling you stuff
Party hard xD

Legion

Feb 1, 2022
Until pets are fixed don't play a tamer you will just be a a shitty mage......Im currently playing a dagger dex mage tamer which works for pve But i have 500 points dumped in tamer and i can't use my pets they sit in the stable.....2 level 100 TB 4 level 125 bears a few horses a level 100 cougar a level 100 Taur dog..

I can't even pve with them as they just stare at the enemy and do nothing Beast mastery doesnt work at all

they can't swim so you can't take any off road short cuts ( ridiculous imo the fact that pets can't swim is fucking retarded )

The pathing is fucked they get lost half the time when running places

most pets can't keep up to horse ( which makes sense i guess ) how ever it creates a massive gap when you are running places between you and your pet, which allows for super fun things like MA killing them with out you even knowing or they get stuck on a cliff or a rock and you have to go back to look for them.

Tamer atm is hands down the worst thing you can play F tier 100% until pets are fixed stay away......Im just to lazy to respec and play something else so i just go farm bandits with no pets as a shitty dagger mage lol.