New ECU spells pictures

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
Yep, complain you don't have enough resources to develop the game at the speed you want

Waste your resources on changing icons no one asked for. Its ok though, we can waste more resources rolling it back in another patch.

Reactions: SirVirtuo

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I feel sad for the color blind people. Hope there is a option for them.

SirVirtuo

Nov 2, 2021
Yeah... new spell icons are Toxic at best. Everything was perfectly fine before. As Raknor mentioned above in his post... Why the hell waste resources on such a dumb thing that everyone hates? Kthnxbye

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
I think in the future when there's more spell books color coating might be nice. I don't mind it since I just use hotkeys anyway

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I think what SV is trying to do is make spells from different schools and even the clade abilities stand out from each other, and to make everything look uniform across the board.

I have two clade ability icons on my hotbar which were hued light green, so naturally they stuck out like a sore thumb next to my ecumenical spells. Now everything looks a bit more neat.

I don't think it would've taken them long to change the hue, looks like something that could've been done in 5 minutes using the free Photoshop Express smartphone app.

But hey, different folks, different strokes. Some may like it, others maybe not so much. SV could add an option in the UI settings to toggle between old and new icons, perhaps?

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
problem is without the color, the icons really have very low saliency. i dont mind if sv wants to have a monochromatic spell icon, but they should be instantly recognizable

-barcode

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Yeah the new colors are terrible. Not sure why they decided to do that...