New Combat Suggestions

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
Alright, just going to say it now.

Star Vault - please stop making the game slower. You got rid of the turn cap from the swing release, that was awesome; but now it feels like everyone is playing in quick sand.

This combat feels worse than the .60 patch combat.

Stop trying to make the game slower, it doesn't need that. MO1 was as slow as I would accept it to be (personal opinion), MO2 needs to match MO1's combat speed AT LEAST, but it should personally be faster.

Poleswords feel awful, but I already knew from the beginning they would because poleaxes feel awful.

Bandages taking 30 seconds to go off? WHY?? Guess it doesn't matter, you can just stand and parry anyone now in duels.

Haven't tried group combat out yet, but fuck... Star Vault? Come on guys.

I'll say the animations and smoothness of combat feels better... when you're not fighting.

Pierre

Sep 7, 2020
What do you mean by slower? All of the newer mechanics such as turn caps were implemented to address the issues found in MO1 like being able to easily hit through blocks and rubber banding.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
I´m assuming he means the slowdown of the actual swing with the current patch.

Another attempt to reign in missfiring prediction. Looking forward to see if it works. I might even take more than 2 hours to test it. Crazy stuff.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Definitely a work in progress, but this reaction was not at all unexpected.

I think this system allows them to do ping normalization so stand by for tweaks, admiral.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
What do you mean by slower? All of the newer mechanics such as turn caps were implemented to address the issues found in MO1 like being able to easily hit through blocks and rubber banding.

What do I mean by slower?

I mean the combat literally is slower. The way attacking works now only made standing and parrying more of a thing.

What you're talking about doesn't really even happen because it was too slow in .6, and is even slower now in this patch.

I´m assuming he means the slowdown of the actual swing with the current patch.

Another attempt to reign in missfiring prediction. Looking forward to see if it works. I might even take more than 2 hours to test it. Crazy stuff.

There isn't much to test. The turn cap is gone, feels good. The combat is significantly slower. It honestly has made the combat for me just super off putting.

Definitely a work in progress, but this reaction was not at all unexpected.

I think this system allows them to do ping normalization so stand by for tweaks, admiral.

Yeah we'll see I guess.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
There isn't much to test. The turn cap is gone, feels good. The combat is significantly slower. It honestly has made the combat for me just super off putting.

Right, they changed the crafting values, the swing speeds, bandages were added - nothing to test. Turn cap is obviously still very active. What you probably refer to is the swing release cap which is indeed gone.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
Right, they changed the crafting values, the swing speeds, bandages were added - nothing to test. Turn cap is obviously still very active. What you probably refer to is the swing release cap which is indeed gone.

Crafting values are pointless when the combat is slow, the swing speeds are terrible, bandages take way to long to go off and the heal amount is negligble but I mean now people can just stand and parry no problem. Anytime people refer to a turn cap they're talking about the swing release turn cap, I dont know why its called a delay because a delay would imply you'd wait to let go.

I know what I'm talking about, I just think you misunderstand.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
Crafting values are pointless when the combat is slow, the swing speeds are terrible, bandages take way to long to go off and the heal amount is negligble but I mean now people can just stand and parry no problem. Anytime people refer to a turn cap they're talking about the swing release turn cap, I dont know why its called a delay because a delay would imply you'd wait to let go.

I know what I'm talking about, I just think you misunderstand.

Right, I called it a "Swing release cap" because it is a massive reduction in turn radius when you release an attack.

The generic turn cap is pretty much not noticeable unless you do extremely crazy spins.

The only swing "delay" I know about is the latency related one which has no connections to turning or mouse movement.

I think those terms are more precise and help give better feedback.