Nerf 2-hand swords

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
100 knockback resistance, fixed.
I don't think a push even counts as a knockback.

Regardless there's no reason to have realism touted as a religion here especially when discussing turn caps, and then keep that disgusting shield bash in the game.

Unless of course that was all a political agenda which of course it was.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Whenever we get dual wielding working, maybe we could have the same system work on shields. Shields make great offensive weapons on top of their defensive capabilities. Depending on the shield type and shape the shield could possibly compliment your main weapon with other damage types, both piercing and blunt should be types available. Since shields don't do a whole lot defensively other than passive defense. Would be an incentive for the 1h + shield playstyle.

agui

May 31, 2020
Fix the poleswords animation ( to be like mo1 )and Increase its speed, then gg.

Fix warhammer and flange maces design ( to be like mo1) ... increase the handle ... too short right now.

Its really strange to play with the flange mace right now when u used to play old mo1 one. Would look sick too

Reactions: Teknique

Rulant

May 30, 2020
So I guess people are fine with 2 handers having the same swing speed as 1handers. Enjoy your "realism"
Realism vs balance. Swing speeds should be based off of weight but not on a perfectly straight increase. Some shit like this I guess is what i mean, numbers are just whatever to get point across, then have it effected off weapon type too thrown in there to skew things more? So a sledgehammer thats 5kg is more stam than a sword thats 5kg due to lack of balancing weight wise.

stamcostidk.png

edit: i mean actually this seems pretty realistic anyways except for 2h vs 1h since a 1h should be harder to swing if they are both same weight BUT I dont think that needs to be factored but maybe it does idk if it would need to make a difference and would just complicate more.

Reactions: Svaar

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
As already mentioned by others: swords are fine, most other stuff just sucks and isn't enjoyable. The solution is not to make everything equally annoying, just fix the other stuff that's lackin'.

Reactions: Steinerr and agui

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
no need to touch anything, two-handed swords and weapon animation speed are in place. you need to balance the use of stamina and taking damage (too much zero damage, and little stamina is spent on impact). this applies to all types of weapons.

there is the main weapon, there is a weapon that is effective in massive battles. So in a one-on-one battle, an effective weapon should be a one-handed sword, a two-handed sword. but if you take a one-handed sword plus a shield, then the effectiveness (count mobility) should decrease, since the shield prevents you from fully moving and working with a one-handed sword. those the strength of the damage should be different. and the movement of the character should be more constrained.

weapons in one word should work effectively on the type of combat. Is it a duel or a mams fight with a small group of about 5/5 or 15/15, or is it a massive fight of over 30 peoples on each side. all weapons cannot be made effective for dueling.

Last edited: