Need feedback - High Dex Build...

Torothin

Mar 17, 2022
Hello,

I read a lot of tutorials and saw a lot of videos and thought being a mobile archer that could kite enemies in PvP would be great. So I went with a Alvarin (SP)?) full Veela race.

Stats are below:

Health: 160
Stam: 335
Mana: 96
Strength: 86
Dex: 120
Const: 100
Psyche: 102
Int: 92
Size 85
Age 23

I am fast but my arrows don't do much damage and feel like I am a very weak character compared to others who are less mobile but higher strength. I seem to be able to do the most damage with spears. Does Dex scale with spears? I figured this would be a good all around PvP build with maybe some magic built in along with spears. Does anyone have any thoughts on this build? Did I do it wrong?

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020
Hello,

I read a lot of tutorials and saw a lot of videos and thought being a mobile archer that could kite enemies in PvP would be great. So I went with a Alvarin (SP)?) full Veela race.

Stats are below:

Size 85
Age 23

I am fast but my arrows don't do much damage and feel like I am a very weak character compared to others who are less mobile but higher strength. I seem to be able to do the most damage with spears. Does Dex scale with spears? I figured this would be a good all around PvP build with maybe some magic built in along with spears. Does anyone have any thoughts on this build? Did I do it wrong?
Your build is a good counter to mages. Also good as a skirmisher in bad terrain. A little low on hp. Sheevra would probably be better for a anti mage due to higher numbers of attribute points for psyche. It would also work quite well as a dex mage with dagger and shield.

Last edited:

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Hello,

Stats are below:

Size 85
Age 23

The issue is you will never max out all of those stats as a Veela. Second the speed is marginally better than most other dedicated foot fighters, like the a Thursar-Khurite. Sure you are faster over a short distance the problem is he can hit MUCH harder with a bow and easily let you extend away and kill you as you run. Your health is low compared to those other foot fighters, even Veela dex fighters. Against a stout Veela foot fighter you are only slightly faster but about 10-15hp weaker.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
So do I need to reroll or can this build be effective as a kiter?

No need to reroll. That character should have skill points to spare to go into mounted archery, and either foot magic or foot melee with ease. If you gain weight and go stout you basically made the current Veela foot fighter build with a few minor differences.

mrm1lli

Mar 21, 2022
clade gifts that give higher str for bows, go stout for more hp and higher str. heavy armor for defense. should be fine. can build some mage for sustain maybe max 50 ecu. glhf