Musical Instruments in Myrland

I would like see music instruments in MO

• Yeah is nice. I will be the elvis presley in Myrland

Votes: 20 80.0%
  • Mm, not bad idea. Maybe...

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Oh no, we not need musicians. We need soldiers!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will kill you.

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
I was recently talking to my old friend Speznat and it occurred to us that it would be great if someday musical instruments were introduced to MO.
I remember playing an old game called Lord of the ring online for a few weeks. For be honest was a big trash, but there was one thing that I loved. All players could use musical instruments. Sometimes small groups would get together and play guitars and lutes together and it was fantastic. Easy, inutive and great.
Someday I would like to see that feature in the MO.
Some string and wind instruments that we could use for meetings and parties.
I plan to create a great party and games room in MO2, in my house in MO, where I will hold gladiatorial fights and offer food and drinks and I would also like to have the option of offering music.
It would be a lot of fun to see players gain reputations as good musicians and sell their services to the lords for their celebrations.

I know it is not something important now but it is something I would like to see.

HappyHour

Nov 18, 2020
Phoenix
I think it would be awesome to have instruments.

Happy-Hour-Sig-1.png

Reactions: Xunila and Ibarruri

HappyHour

Nov 18, 2020
Phoenix
My guild has people in bands, It is cool to hear them play. But, I suck and this is my best chance at playing an instrument. lol
Also, I think it would be cool if you played enough and they listened, you could get a buff or something.

Happy-Hour-Sig-1.png

• Haha
Reactions: Ibarruri

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
all medieval instruments atleast. We need those roaming bands of battle bards playing music when they happen upon skirmishes and battles.

Reactions: Kuroi

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Frankly no. It will be nothing but absolute noise. Even if you don’t allow people to make their music and have pre recorded standard music clips, all that will happen is that multiple people spamming them would be atrocious.

It would simply be used to annoy and troll, much like 90% of voip.

Maybe just inside the inn you could have a bard npc that will play you a song for a coin or something. But for the love of god do not put this in players hands. Just no. God no.

• Haha

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
Frankly no. It will be nothing but absolute noise. Even if you don’t allow people to make their music and have pre recorded standard music clips, all that will happen is that multiple people spamming them would be atrocious.

Maybe just inside the inn you could have a bard npc that will play you a song for a coin or something. But for the love of god do not put this in players hands. Just no. God no.

Do not be negative. Everyone likes good music hahaha. Not everyone would troll.

Jybwee

May 28, 2020
I remember that in lotro. Worked very well. And it wasn't just "press this button to play a short song", but you actually had notes mapped to keys. I believe there was modifiers for octaves too.

So in theory you could transcribe nearly any song.

If there's an issue with people using the instruments to grief people in some way, i'm sure SV could very easily add an option to mute all instruments.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020

one reason more to add

• Haha
May 28, 2020
Musical instruments have always been on the list of features, even for MO1 I could find multiple statements that they are planned, but ultimately the game needs to grow in many areas and fluff isn't currently the #1 priority. I'd expect the first iteration of instruments at the earliest when the tavern system is released which will come after the building system so many months from now, but as I said if the team stays small I think there will be other more important matters.