Murderers Should Get Permadeath

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
A way to discourage murderers and have a more friendly population. Without doing PvP toggle or PVE servers is to make murderers rare and hard to survive in Nave.

1.) Players with a Murder count if hunted by a player or killed by a guard or aggressive NPC will experience permadeath and full wipe.

2.) This will make it harder for players to have a bandit lifestyle. They shouldn’t be able to live in cities/towns or have timer cooldowns. Murdering innocent citizens should be rare and punishable by death.

3.) Factions should be a thing and there should be PvP zones where killing a player is not a crime. If you are in the zone you are free game.

4.) Innocent players who hunt Murderers should have an option to arrest them in mercy mode and take them to the nearest town for a public execution. Each town should have a PC public executioner that is available online.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
A way to discourage murderers and have a more friendly population. Without doing PvP toggle or PVE servers is to make murderers rare and hard to survive in Nave.

1.) Players with a Murder count if hunted by a player or killed by a guard or aggressive NPC will experience permadeath and full wipe.

2.) This will make it harder for players to have a bandit lifestyle. They shouldn’t be able to live in cities/towns or have timer cooldowns. Murdering innocent citizens should be rare and punishable by death.

3.) Factions should be a thing and there should be PvP zones where killing a player is not a crime. If you are in the zone you are free game.

4.) Innocent players who hunt Murderers should have an option to arrest them in mercy mode and take them to the nearest town for a public execution. Each town should have a PC public executioner that is available online.
And people call me toxic, talk about something toxic LOL.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
carebears are usually the most toxic.

In BDO the carebears would come to my farm spot start killing the mobs out of my rotation which would turn a 100hour farm to a 200hour farm. I would offer to duel them for the spot I was already at as tradition. but they would ignore you everytime. You kill them for stealing and they would start griefing you for the next couple of hours stealing mobs out of the farm.

These carebears regularly would spend several hours up to 8 hours some times kill stealing.

In this game these types of players have far less power which is why I play mo2.

carebears are extreamly toxic and get bent out of shape over someone else defeating them in a online game. They are not good to have as apart of your player base and are the most toxic people.

tal0s

Sep 5, 2021

holy terrible idea like wowie

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Even if this is a horrible suggestion in a player driven sandbox rpg game, I will humor this.

If this was EVER to come into the game, then we should get rid of artificial limitations like not being able to wage war forcefully on any guild or alliances you want with them not able to stop you.
Like wise the game would need to change 180 from current goal where skill need to be the biggest factor in all things from melee to magic to taming, etc.

This would take away perhaps 5-10 years off any other development to achieve.

There could be a total of 0 bugs leading to death or any other game breaking faults and errors. You would make sure 100% that no player can get kicked from the game and thus liable to easy killing while afk getting back into the game.

The latter part here is impossible for SV to achieve as we saw with MO1 and now MO2.

So basically its impossible for SV in any way, shape or form to even humor this implementation into their game which is built ground up to not have perma death or perma anything in it.
First they need to actually create the game they advertise and have advertised for 15+ years now.

Reactions: Dracu

Odsbodikins

Aug 14, 2022
carebears are usually the most toxic.

In BDO the carebears would come to my farm spot start killing the mobs out of my rotation which would turn a 100hour farm to a 200hour farm. I would offer to duel them for the spot I was already at as tradition. but they would ignore you everytime. You kill them for stealing and they would start griefing you for the next couple of hours stealing mobs out of the farm.

These carebears regularly would spend several hours up to 8 hours some times kill stealing.

In this game these types of players have far less power which is why I play mo2.

carebears are extreamly toxic and get bent out of shape over someone else defeating them in a online game. They are not good to have as apart of your player base and are the most toxic people.
SOOO...

Basically, You camped a spawn in BDO and assumed you owned it. When anyone came to hunt mobs in that area, you made your claim to a whole spawn and said "give me everything you hunted, and go away, or I'll kill you". Then you kill them anyhow when they don't accept the challenge and continue to hunt AI mobs...

You sound like a perfectly normal NON-toxic player. Absolutely no problem with you owning an entire spwan. Someone trying to hunt a few AI mobs out of your "Personal Spawn" (TM) Deserves death and no mercy for trying to succeed in a game with open world play... Good job.

Kaquenqos

May 3, 2022
This is a ridiculous & terrible suggestion.

PvP mechanics do sorely need a rework for myriad reasons, though. MO2's PvP, flag & PK mechanics are just bad. They're ill-conceived and never should have been left in this broken half-implemented state. You don't see a system like this tried anywhere else. It's sad that a game that features full loot PvP should have a crappy placeholder system like this for any amount of time. It's like they exist only to make the game inaccessible to anyone that doesn't have a zerg guild.

The only hope for it is either a full rework(over-haul of flagging, or rep, or MC, or all of the above), or that fleshed out TC &/or keeps/housing makes it irrelevant.

As a side note, a perma-death server in which you get to pick all your skills, attributes and clades on character creation would be interesting to play... Not that I think that will ever happen of course, just a thought.

Last edited:

Kaquenqos

May 3, 2022
Last suggestion is actually good though, if you take it on its own. Optional PvP factions with some turn-ins would be cool and make PvP have a purpose & be more accessible. Even if TC is going on, it would make PvP instantly accessible to new players without having to participate in zerg v zerg TC wars.

Basically similar concept to guild war-targets except accessible to anyone on a larger scale... Would probably be easier to get working than war-decs, since guilds would probably all join the same faction so they can kill the same people together without worrying about penalties etc.

Albion Online has it, and it works for them. You'd get more PvP in guarded cities this way without turning them into the cesspits that many of you longingly claim made MO1 awesome.

Of course PvP would still be ffa otherwise... Just you have factions that can democratize the experience a bit. Even some turn ins would be nice, maybe some trinkets, gear & such, so you can farm up trinkets for your build by PvPing.... Instead of pure RNG/stacks of gold.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Normally this would be bait but hes actually serious. Dude gets hurt easily by PvP.

Does he? I dunno.

I think what you said might be true about toxicity, but the most-most toxic are the people who grief the 'care bears' because they believe they are playing the game wrong. People should take pvp and death seriously, some people take it seriously on different levels. The one thing that doesn't work in a full loot sandbox is permadeath tho. The structure is not there yet. Too much potential for grief.

It would be kinda fun to have a permadeath MO server with boosted skill gain and boosted mat gain, tho, haha.

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
Characters who don't PvP or tolerate violence, should suffer a stroke/heart attack the moment a violent encounter happens, they then experience perma-death in the form of the game uninstalling itself and being locked out from ever installing again. The lore behind it is a contagious sickness called Carebearthemeparksmallweineritis, that kills off the weak hearted.

Odsbodikins

Aug 14, 2022
Characters who don't PvP or tolerate violence, should suffer a stroke/heart attack the moment a violent encounter happens, they then experience perma-death in the form of the game uninstalling itself and being locked out from ever installing again. The lore behind it is a contagious sickness called Carebearthemeparksmallweineritis, that kills off the weak hearted.
Murderhobos who can't let PVE players enjoy their game (and provide the economy they need for important materials and crafting) should get smited by the gods with IG lightning strikes that send electrical shocks through their entire computer systems, so they have to rethink their lives and choices after their evil acts of selfish play that make games unplayable for a vital population as designed by the developers.

The lore behind it is that murderhobos stop the population of a world from increasing and improving the world'a lore and technology, so the gods choose to remove the bad actors in order to allow the good to flourish. (Bonus, it doesn't require a a stupidly named disease that's a thinly veiled opinion on players who don't care for PVP in a game that offers both PVP and PVE.)

• Haha
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae
D

Dracu

The only thing that i agree with is point 3...
:D Faction warfare with legitimate pvp IS sooo needed. Because atm there is basically no good way for proper consistent pvp without going murder.

Cool though that you dont just want to punish but atleast offer an alternative. Thats not a given in these suggestions.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Murderhobos who can't let PVE players enjoy their game (and provide the economy they need for important materials and crafting) should get smited by the gods with IG lightning strikes that send electrical shocks through their entire computer systems, so they have to rethink their lives and choices after their evil acts of selfish play that make games unplayable for a vital population as designed by the developers.

The lore behind it is that murderhobos stop the population of a world from increasing and improving the world'a lore and technology, so the gods choose to remove the bad actors in order to allow the good to flourish. (Bonus, it doesn't require a a stupidly named disease that's a thinly veiled opinion on players who don't care for PVP in a game that offers both PVP and PVE.)
Im genuinely curious why you play this game just for the PvE. Most that do love the thrill of getting killed at any moment. But you say you don't care for PvP.

I've always liked both PvP and PvE in these games. And I think the major appeal is the dangers in the world when doing anything. Perhaps you didn't mean what you said though?

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
The only thing that i agree with is point 3...
:D Faction warfare with legitimate pvp IS sooo needed. Because atm there is basically no good way for proper consistent pvp without going murder.

Cool though that you dont just want to punish but atleast offer an alternative. Thats not a given in these suggestions.
I swear I thought Henrik once spoke about being able to join a faction and rank up in them for certain rewards when killing, sieging, etc players of another faction. Maybe that was just a fever dream.

It seems like such an obvious solution to make things interesting though. But that would take them years and it wouldn't be finished even after that. Have they added a purpose for those bounty hunter tokens yet? Lmao

D

Dracu

I swear I thought Henrik once spoke about being able to join a faction and rank up in them for certain rewards when killing, sieging, etc players of another faction. Maybe that was just a fever dream.

It seems like such an obvious solution to make things interesting though. But that would take them years and it wouldn't be finished even after that. Have they added a purpose for those bounty hunter tokens yet? Lmao
Just a fever dream :/ This is what was wished for/suggested by some for ages. But henrik afaik never said anything about it.

And no ofcourse not xD