Murdercounts for Pets/Mounts?

HentaiKing

Jul 9, 2020
It's hilarious how large zerg guilds suddenly start begging for mechanic changes when things don't go their way. You recruited a bunch of slow skill players who make sloppy mistakes, and its your job to teach them to not be bad.

Guild mechanics are rapidly coming, and then it won't be reds ganking you in town. Its gona be someone with a wardec on all 3 of your guilds. If you can't handle your horses getting killed by reds what are you gona do when blues priest camp you inside of the town?

More guards won't save you. A different murdercount system will not save you. Only an IQ can save you.

Truthshower

Mar 4, 2021
i like the new system. the fact you guys need colored names and a stupid system to dictate who to kill and who not to kill is ridiculous honestly, the old system was hot garbage. why would anyone approve of a system where crimes are shared equally everywhere. people for months have been asking for pvp changes but a lot of people tell them to wait and get over it cause its not done.. well guess what the system for flagging isnt done so wait and get over it.

Reactions: Albano Dravae

Truthshower

Mar 4, 2021
It's hilarious how large zerg guilds suddenly start begging for mechanic changes when things don't go their way. You recruited a bunch of slow skill players who make sloppy mistakes, and its your job to teach them to not be bad.

Guild mechanics are rapidly coming, and then it won't be reds ganking you in town. Its gona be someone with a wardec on all 3 of your guilds. If you can't handle your horses getting killed by reds what are you gona do when blues priest camp you inside of the town?

More guards won't save you. A different murdercount system will not save you. Only an IQ can save you.
this guy makes a lot of sense

LivingshadeNL

Mar 23, 2021
Like the new flagging system.alot, u can get.into town without.having a red mark on your forehead. Awesome system

Putzin

Oct 14, 2020

If you think theres nothing wrong with the system being able to kill a horse in 5-10secs solo in the middle of a guarded town with nothing but a torch you spawn with.

Should revisit your IQ statement

Truthshower

Mar 4, 2021
If you think theres nothing wrong with the system being able to kill a horse in 5-10secs solo in the middle of a guarded town with nothing but a torch you spawn with.

Should revisit your IQ statement
theres 1 horse type from what i know, no horse armor, no training, no breeding. also not even sure there is mount healing through veterinary skill yet. dont rly think its as big of an issue as you think. people should stable their mounts anyway.. people did this all the time in tindrem in mo1 and it had the old flagging system but didnt stop it

Putzin

Oct 14, 2020
theres 1 horse type from what i know, no horse armor, no training, no breeding. also not even sure there is mount healing through veterinary skill yet. dont rly think its as big of an issue as you think. people should stable their mounts anyway.. people did this all the time in tindrem in mo1 and it had the old flagging system but didnt stop it

The only one of those points that even applies to what I said from what you said is the horse armor all that other stuff doesnt apply to people killing your mount in 10secs, and I dont think horse armor will essentially double the life of your horse but even if it did what your horse goes from dying in 10 secs to 20 secs? What if theres two griefers instead of one now its back to 10 seconds?

Albano Dravae

May 31, 2021
I gotta say i disagree with adding more dumbass criminal penalties, specially with the killing of horses or pets.

I see a lot of complainers about horses getting killed in "5" secconds by a naked with bound weapon, which is somewhat true. I wouldn't say 5 sec but more like 10-30 sec depending on where who, how and how many.

People is abusing the crim mechanic to kill mounts? Well yeah, people will tend to abuse any possible mechanic but people complain more about the criminal actions.

I believe one of the reasons why so many people complain about pets getting killed its only because they neglect them, by being unaware they might get killed by some archer or a mage, by letting a pet sit right next to guards blindspots or by just being AFK. As we all know self awareness is a key part of understanding the game and understanding the game is key to have fun.

And what people needs to understand is that towns are not supposed to be safe and players should not AFK when having gear, mats or pets.

Mortal allways had this risk component everywhere you go, Haven gives noobs the wrong idea of how the world works. And thats one of the main issues in the learning curve.

For example, the other day i pushed a dude off the banker towards the meduli docks while he was sorting hes bags on hes inventory!!!! First lesson learned, don't ever sort your goodies in your inventory. I killed him and looted hes shit.

Or the other day i pushed an AFK dude into the water and he had 32g and a bunch of books which i looted aswell. Lesson learned?

Same with mounts, people AFK in bank, or they leave their pets blocking doors and they get upset when killed? Then how about you learn the mechanics and make sure you understand you don't have to neglect your pets, if you are not going to use a horse then stable it and don't stay AFK in the middle of town with it.

Now, if you are mounted on the pet and not AFK you have time to run away and save your pet even if theres several people hitting it. But you have to be alert, which its understandable since cities are risky.

The real questions about these kind of issues is how to enhance the noob's learning curve to understand mechanics, how to make haven to be an actual tutorial of the game and not a grind simulator.

To be honest i don't believe on time sink mechanics that prevent you from playing because you murdered someone's horse, or even a character. I think murdercounts should only be given if the murder has been seen by guards or live whitnesses and killing in the wild should be fair game. I think in this case the less is the better, a more straightforward simple and non punishing system could be gucci for people to fight for shit and not be forced to farm standing just to enter a town, the only bank ingame. Then again, its my perspective.

And i definitely don't believe on safe towns, conflict fuels player and world interaction.

Bicorps

Jun 27, 2020
When stress-test get release there was no MC/REP system. It was MASSIVE fun for Anti-RPK and RPK players. So yeah.. im against adding penalty for murders.

I played Anti-RPK at stress release, trying to figure out who was Blueblocking and griefing and just kill them without even thinking about MC. Yes sometime I was killing the "Good" "innocent" people because it was hard to understand who started it but it gave a lot of social interaction with people... very fun time.

After they fixed the system, there was no point for me anymore to play Anti-RPK , Most of blueblocker,griefer I killed was blue and I get over 5MC in few hours.

All that to say... Penalizing player for playing the game is bad.

EDIT: Cities are never Safe, having your pet get kill by a naked with bow because you didnt take care of him is your fault and just learn from it kid.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I think the issue is solved in fab now regarding easy to exploit guards allowing murders and looting.

I really dont want to have two murder counts for having to fight a tamer or a MC.

Reactions: Albano Dravae

Albano Dravae

May 31, 2021
When stress-test get release there was no MC/REP system. It was MASSIVE fun for Anti-RPK and RPK players. So yeah.. im against adding penalty for murders.

I played Anti-RPK at stress release, trying to figure out who was Blueblocking and griefing and just kill them without even thinking about MC. Yes sometime I was killing the "Good" "innocent" people because it was hard to understand who started it but it gave a lot of social interaction with people... very fun time.

After they fixed the system, there was no point for me anymore to play Anti-RPK , Most of blueblocker,griefer I killed was blue and I get over 5MC in few hours.

All that to say... Penalizing player for playing the game is bad.

EDIT: Cities are never Safe, having your pet get kill by a naked with bow because you didnt take care of him is your fault and just learn from it kid.
Exacly, i love the fact that You don't know whos a murderer till someone try to gank You. It's lovely Mechanic. I believe it's more fun that players actually interact to find out the truth about someone rather than the game telling you "hey what's up, this dude is red".
In one of my alts i had people hating me in town and advertizing in voip that i was a terrible person, in my personal experience the game is way richer if the game mechanics encourages players to interact.
People are not into this because they expect games to deliver them explicitely all they want to know and are just too lazy to figure out situations by themselves.

Reactions: Bicorps

Albano Dravae

May 31, 2021
i like the new system. the fact you guys need colored names and a stupid system to dictate who to kill and who not to kill is ridiculous honestly, the old system was hot garbage. why would anyone approve of a system where crimes are shared equally everywhere. people for months have been asking for pvp changes but a lot of people tell them to wait and get over it cause its not done.. well guess what the system for flagging isnt done so wait and get over it.
Old MC system was total dog shit, worst possible outcome for the game, TC managed to bypass MC Bad design but at expense of massive grind time, which sucked aswell but at least made players to get invested ingame.

Reactions: Teknique