Murdercounts for Pets/Mounts?

Putzin

Oct 14, 2020
I'm not sure on the solution but currently you cannot bring your mount or pet into a city and afk for any amount of time without it dying.

It is seriously ridiculous every time Ive brought my horse to Fabernum it dies within a few minutes and the person runs off naked with a torch or something.

I think Murdercounts for killing pets on the pets death is a good temporary fix to this problem. And it is a big problem.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Being able to murder count someone 12 hours later is kind of silly.

But on topic, you used to be able to murdercount if someone hit your pet.

Sounds like a bit of lack of guards issue too.

Reactions: Putzin

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Part of this is how easy it is to just murder a pet as well. All pets need to be given combat capabilities and automatically defend themselves when attacked. A horse shouldn't be a strong pet but it should be strong enough you at least need to invest in a semi decent weapon to just run up and kill one. Especially when we get horse armor it would be nice to see pets just turn around and level any naked that comes at them with a crap weapon.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
I'm not sure on the solution but currently you cannot bring your mount or pet into a city and afk for any amount of time without it dying.

It is seriously ridiculous every time Ive brought my horse to Fabernum it dies within a few minutes and the person runs off naked with a torch or something.

I think Murdercounts for killing pets on the pets death is a good temporary fix to this problem. And it is a big problem.

Killing horses should definitely give the same option to murdercount and -rep from a player. I logged out on my horse last night and logged in this morning on foot with a message that my horse had been killed. I can't tell if someone murdered my horse seconds after I logged out or in the brief moment I was logging in, even.

And yes, guards need to be increased and have proper leashes/resets so people can not continue kiting them outside the city or getting them trapped in buildings and breaking their patrol AI.

Reactions: Putzin

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Part of this is how easy it is to just murder a pet as well. All pets need to be given combat capabilities and automatically defend themselves when attacked. A horse shouldn't be a strong pet but it should be strong enough you at least need to invest in a semi decent weapon to just run up and kill one. Especially when we get horse armor it would be nice to see pets just turn around and level any naked that comes at them with a crap weapon.
Both of those ideas were tried and bad.

Auto defend causes your pet to run and do stupid things that you don't want it to do.

High HP mounts is bad for balance.

The issue is obviously with the flagging and the sparse guards at the moment.

Reactions: Zethes

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
If nothing else you could make it so it stays stationary and has the no criminal option activated. That way you can't make someone's pet chase you off into the boonies, nor can you set it up for blue blocking. But you also can't just walk right up to it and beat it down with a 1s vendor tool.

I'd also add vendor tools are OP in general. They do more damage than your starting weapon and they're just as efficient at gathering as the crafted versions of the same tools. Vendor tools should be little better than beating someone with your fists given their cost. As is, there is no reason to make the crafted versions so why include them at all?

Putzin

Oct 14, 2020
Honestly this "immersion" crap needs to go and players who you mouse over should either show Blue, Grey, Red, or Green names.

Yeah they really REALLY need to bring back the old blue/grey/red shields who the fuck even recommended they take them away? Everyone Ive spoken to wants them back like really.

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
I really do not like the new flagging system. It is way too confusing for new players. I am watching people exploit the crap out of it and noobs get smashed not knowing why or how.

Altadar Leviathan

Feb 7, 2021
Poland
and now it s ''just'' horses but this kind of actions should be really rebuke !!
or they have to increase stables like that we can stabled them easily when we are doing something else in the city

Bloodterst

Dec 1, 2020
Maybe if they make it so horses turn red?
so far (havent had enough time to test)
If a red roll up in town to gank u on his horse and u fight back, u hit the horse u 100% go criminal.. pretty rough lol

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
Honestly this "immersion" crap needs to go and players who you mouse over should either show Blue, Grey, Red, or Green names.

i would remove the old red and blue flagging, which comes with multiple drawbacks in MO2 for nearly no positive effect over the long run.
OPEN GREY flags are a must have...and lictors.

the new player experience friendly solution would be a TEMPORARY OPEN RED flag after 1 murdercount and the murdercounter RESETS completely when you dont get one in the next 24h. mounts can give a murdercount too with this system.
this will prevent people from killing their neighbours because they will lock themself out of every blue town for 24 real life hours.

this way everyone can live with the people in their blue home town, are able to trade and talk with them and can actively help the "blues" against the real player killers who are equipping from outside.
people dont need to make the choice of their life: turn red forever or stay blue until you think you want to turn red forever.

Putzin

Oct 14, 2020
Remove flagging, have sensible guard patrols, have guards react to anyone damaging pets or players.

Added bonus: Add a lesson about not going afk to the tutorial.

At this rate I think we should remove flagging system and have guards it makes way more sense to me

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
People mentioned it, but more guards that properly reset their position, along with lictors inside/near banks is going to be required for people to feel somewhat safe in town. They still have plenty of optimization to do with their guards and AI.

I don't think adding the old flagging system back is a good idea, but it would be helpful to know who is flagged as a criminal somehow so if you'd like to act as a guard you can. Keep everyone's name white, but if they have committed a criminal act they should have a RED name (easier to differentiate than grey) while the debuff persists.

Also I don't think it makes sense to give a murder count for killing a pet, as annoying as it may be to have to go tame another. The root of the problem is the guards not reacting to the criminal act.

Also easy solution for you today....put your mount in the equerry while in town if pet murderers are so rampant, easy in game work around for ya.

On another note...can we stop going criminal for tagging our own pets please....

Last edited:
Reactions: Bloodterst

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
Well, MO had different modes for pets, aggressive, defensive and passive. Just making them defend themselves no matter what is a bad idea as that is heavily exploitable. We just need all the pet functionality from MO1 back. But some pets are just too easily killed by players considering the effort it takes for most of them. Pets have always been an iffy topic, they are hard to balance but most of the time their broken AI doesn't help them either.