'Member Mortal Online 1? I do.

Falcon

May 28, 2020
This thread is for sharing all your favorite MO1 memories, whether it be videos, screenshots, or just personal stories! Share your greatest moments here! I'll start the thread off with a few of my personal favorite screenshots and a old lost video of a rock paper scissors tournament I held during a siege! (I won bitches!)
EBF454B239053BE51D47505EA2B8C60BE2258775

A86141559BBB1543C242EF2EAD02994EA2123125

D6DE2085FD095125A96F27B0366C815A1CDD1F13

E4EAA93A8F3C51977CE732E454EB870F4EA9BB95

74F30F292AA11DFD81F1FC5AD6EEFF5D9DFC0D2E
534B5F67D05B7618D5F4C32A569DCF6F4F47A095
0716009F42CB6F06AB4DE625B1E16E777315C814
90C401D149C4D7DC5BB9131781614CE0F5635D70
BC0AD1F43D8422A5CCBBE6217C27E73583F7C417
3AA670A9362B6FEAB989E637665CDD5C3BBA1933
DCA4593E154DC68C7F39036A65A06D949964C1CD
00D945C5B4627E71AC2584194D525AFCE6DC3ACB

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Does anyone remember that awful love song some guy made with shitty lines about MO1? I remember some bad flanged mace line lmao. I can't find it but I wanted to post it cuz its a classic.

My thing with MO1 is while the game look's like ass, and played liek ass. Insane amounts of bugs, rubberbanding, etc. I just had a blast playing it. I also had no shortage of rage moments. But there was just so many dumb ways to cause trouble in MO1. Greying in gy, thieving, pissing someone off so they attack you, shit talking so they duel, ganking loot and running, normal roaming, etc. MO2 jsut offers so little in the actual fun department. Everything takes more time for 0 gain, with more limitations on what you can do without getting screwed by the game (standing).

Me and my IRL friend have countless memories of playing MO1. And most of them were of just pissing around in tindrem. Gy, Sewers, Garden many years ago before it was a guard fest, etc. You could log into tind for a few mins and find a way to cause trouble. Which usually led to something interesting happening.

What makes the really memorable moments are usually the people it was with. Once we had this guild that really hated us. So we intentionally went away from the guards smelling that they wanted to zerg us. We won 2v5. Winning a 2v5 is always nice, but when it's v people you really dont like, its so much better.

Stuff like that can happen in MNO2 but its much more rare. Its hard to create the conflict that causes fights liek this in the first place because the standing system is anti conflict. And then even if they do hate us, most of the time they dont even try to start anything because once again, the standing system is anti conflict. Doping anything near town (which is where you run into these people and make enemies) risks losing standing. And nobody wants to run a parcel because they attacked a guy who didnt even die.

Jul 12, 2022
US
Does anyone remember that awful love song some guy made with shitty lines about MO1? I remember some bad flanged mace line lmao. I can't find it but I wanted to post it cuz its a classic.

My thing with MO1 is while the game look's like ass, and played liek ass. Insane amounts of bugs, rubberbanding, etc. I just had a blast playing it. I also had no shortage of rage moments. But there was just so many dumb ways to cause trouble in MO1. Greying in gy, thieving, pissing someone off so they attack you, shit talking so they duel, ganking loot and running, normal roaming, etc. MO2 jsut offers so little in the actual fun department. Everything takes more time for 0 gain, with more limitations on what you can do without getting screwed by the game (standing).

Me and my IRL friend have countless memories of playing MO1. And most of them were of just pissing around in tindrem. Gy, Sewers, Garden many years ago before it was a guard fest, etc. You could log into tind for a few mins and find a way to cause trouble. Which usually led to something interesting happening.

What makes the really memorable moments are usually the people it was with. Once we had this guild that really hated us. So we intentionally went away from the guards smelling that they wanted to zerg us. We won 2v5. Winning a 2v5 is always nice, but when it's v people you really dont like, its so much better.

Stuff like that can happen in MNO2 but its much more rare. Its hard to create the conflict that causes fights liek this in the first place because the standing system is anti conflict. And then even if they do hate us, most of the time they dont even try to start anything because once again, the standing system is anti conflict. Doping anything near town (which is where you run into these people and make enemies) risks losing standing. And nobody wants to run a parcel because they attacked a guy who didnt even die.
well it seems like the people running the legacy thing are working hard on it

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

I remember (RIP) the rap battle. I was off in MEDULI...

We need to take a close look at these screen shots. Some are beautiful, some are really awful looking, we need to think... how did it happen. lol. HOW IT GET SO BAD? How did we go from a game that looks like MO1 to a game that looks like MO2... and MO2 is trash.

GOOD LOOK. I might try to log in for luls :D

Edit: it fucked up all my chars by making me reroll and then has me as f2p. FUCKKIT.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jatix and Garfielf
Jul 12, 2022
US
I remember (RIP) the rap battle. I was off in MEDULI...

We need to take a close look at these screen shots. Some are beautiful, some are really awful looking, we need to think... how did it happen. lol. HOW IT GET SO BAD? How did we go from a game that looks like MO1 to a game that looks like MO2... and MO2 is trash.

GOOD LOOK. I might try to log in for luls :D

Edit: it fucked up all my chars by making me reroll and then has me as f2p. FUCKKIT.
The reroll is because of the changes they did to races. It didn't wipe your characters or make you restart them from scratch. Also let's you redesign how they look I am pretty sure...

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
The reroll is because of the changes they did to races. It didn't wipe your characters or make you restart them from scratch. Also let's you redesign how they look I am pretty sure...

yea, I mean it happened a bunch of times w/ just looks, but I had weird chars like my sheev was max psyche and obese, not anymore. Just fucked a lot of stuff up, sux. But yea. I also didn't see how to change the height.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
yea, I mean it happened a bunch of times w/ just looks, but I had weird chars like my sheev was max psyche and obese, not anymore. Just fucked a lot of stuff up, sux. But yea. I also didn't see how to change the height.
Lmao. This is whats really sad. MO1 was a really bad game. Stuff like this happened 24/7 that just completely screws over the player. And I still miss playing MO1.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
A tribute video I made for MO1 back in 2014, my apologies for the grainy footage as I was still quite new to video editing at that time. I've recently added chapters retroactively - For your viewing pleasure. :)

Chapters
02:34 - One World, Many Players
04:53 - Exploration and Adventure, Emergent and Unscripted
07:14 - Stand Your Ground, Fight to the Death
09:02 - Against All Odds, Rise up and Prevail
11:14 - A Word of Thanks, and a Time to Remember
13:21 - Snow and Sunrise, the Perfect Outro

Jul 12, 2022
US
Lmao. This is whats really sad. MO1 was a really bad game. Stuff like this happened 24/7 that just completely screws over the player. And I still miss playing MO1.

At least we have the guarantee of MO1 not changing anymore.. unless they do for some weird reason or shut it down lol xd