Melee Combat Guide(outdated)

Kavu

Jun 21, 2020
USA
@Dracu I respect the hustle with the video, but aint it a bit early for a guide for a combat system that at least SHOULD be subject to change? In the near future even?

D

Dracu

@Dracu I respect the hustle with the video, but aint it a bit early for a guide for a combat system that at least SHOULD be subject to change? In the near future even?
I think the core itself wont change, directional combat, damage types, stamina management, parrying, countering, movement all that stuff.

Reactions: Dominulf

Kavu

Jun 21, 2020
USA
I think the core itself wont change, directional combat, damage types, stamina management, parrying, countering, movement all that stuff.
Gotcha as long as its not about Technique's.. technique. Ha.

Reactions: Dracu

Dominulf

Aug 2, 2020
Yeah I backed the game right after watching a video from TyGuy who lives in the same city as the server. Imagine my american surprise after booting it up.

I live in the Pacific Northwest -- so far it's more like playing a game of rock, paper, scissors for me... I try to react like they do in that video and it just does not work.

We are going to have to figure out how to play best around this latency.

Dominulf

Aug 2, 2020
Hope you're ready to play a mage or a tamer.

Oh man I am so stoned but that video just blew my mind compared to what my gameplay experience is like...

I am so glad I saw this. Oh well, I will keep practicing with a maul for fun.

Yeah, I was just about to some some chores and thought to myself "FUCK Im going to have to go mage" that is so sad lol

You EU guys are lucky. I would destroy.

Reactions: Phen

Dominulf

Aug 2, 2020
Actually... the more I get used to using an Xbox 360 controller and keybinding tweaking settings for hours all day I am liking a Katana...

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Oh man I am so stoned but that video just blew my mind compared to what my gameplay experience is like...

I am so glad I saw this. Oh well, I will keep practicing with a maul for fun.

Yeah, I was just about to some some chores and thought to myself "FUCK Im going to have to go mage" that is so sad lol

You EU guys are lucky. I would destroy.

Hey don't doubt the maul!! Its truly a game changer in one good hit. Was bored and tested during group fight.

Was told " Phen don't use a maul..." Then hit a guy for 76 dropped him to 1 shot, team jumped in for whatever reason and finished the group fight quickly after my "dumb move". Group fights vs 1v1 are so much different. Everything becomes viable in group fights. It truly becomes a stam management fight, not just a party game. One small move can change the outcome very quickly.

Reactions: Dominulf
D

Dracu

Hey don't doubt the maul!! Its truly a game changer in one good hit. Was bored and tested during group fight.

Was told " Phen don't use a maul..." Then hit a guy for 76 dropped him to 1 shot, team jumped in for whatever reason and finished the group fight quickly after my "dumb move". Group fights vs 1v1 are so much different. Everything becomes viable in group fights. It truly becomes a stam management fight, not just a party game. One small move can change the outcome very quickly.
Yeah maybe you missed it but mauls are banned from teamfights atm since their damage and speed and stam are broken.

Dominulf

Aug 2, 2020
That is so true about the group fights compared to 1 vs 1. I have been playing with a controller and spending hours and hours tweaking settings. Right now I am just spinning the maul releasing and dragging the hit into them. One solid hit is like 40-105 damage

The other thing is just spamming left click on katana and trying to hug them the whole fight.

The controller forces you to play with low sensitivity because the right joypad isn’t that precise at all

D

Dracu

That is so true about the group fights compared to 1 vs 1. I have been playing with a controller and spending hours and hours tweaking settings. Right now I am just spinning the maul releasing and dragging the hit into them. One solid hit is like 40-105 damage

The other thing is just spamming left click on katana and trying to hug them the whole fight.

The controller forces you to play with low sensitivity because the right joypad isn’t that precise at all
Could you make a video of it? Would love to see it in action :)

Dominulf

Aug 2, 2020
What maul is banned, the wood one? That one is stamina costly when sprinting with it ?

Yeah maybe you missed it but mauls are banned from teamfights atm since their damage and speed and stam are broken.

D

Dracu

What maul is banned, the wood one? That one is stamina costly when sprinting with it ?
2h Mauls in general afaik. Cause their burst damage make them to OP in battle when there currently are no viable healing methods.

Dominulf

Aug 2, 2020
Yeah I will stream when I get home from work in a few hours.

Someone said I look like WWF fighter spinning so much. When you set normal to to high sensitivity on the controller, it looks like a barbarian from Diablo doing whirlwind (I usually use 10 sensitivity though or else I cant aim at all)

twitch.com/DominulfMO

Could you make a video of it? Would love to see it in action :)

D

Dracu

Yeah this whole guide is completly outdated xD should update it or remove it once game goes persistent.