Mechanic Explanation of new Features

Tzone

May 16, 2021
You see, nobody here is asking for the game to be a single player and you could mention as many games as you want but it wouldn't change the fact that solo player and small crew gameplay IS contemplated in game design, im not asking for them to invent gunpowder. Doesn't take a brilliant mind to understand zergs have the upper hand and their benefit exists just by grouping up.
I get it you in love with the concept of nation gaming and zergVzerg and shit like that, but mortal1 was more than that and mo2 looks like its more than that aswell, its supposed to have a variety of content designed for all kinds of gameplay and groups.

Then if solo and small crews gameplay is contemplated in the game why not properly, and why keep giving zergs tools instead of giving tools to the ones that are already in disadvantage, we could talk about the nature of the disadvantages and so on.

Zergs killed MO1 i can tell you that, i've been part of the last and biggest TC wars and it all became a contest for the biggest zerg, cold wars that lasted years, large groups waiting for others to quit and takeover. Not saying zergs shouldn't exist but quit wasting development time on that gamestyle and give other type of social organizations certain advantages and tools aswell.

Everything is so zerg centered and it definitely shouldn't, keep polarizing the game politically without addressing heavier problematics and its gonna be exacly like mo1, a dead game with guilds that have large clusters of people that won't ever log back in.
Zergs being dominate kill off smaller guilds and force people into larger guilds to survive which harms the economy of guilds/player group. Its bad for the health of the game usually leading to zergs each other up untill only a few viable groups exist.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
leading to zergs each other up untill only a few viable groups exist.
its exacly what happened to mo1, last server war i was it ended up on 2 factions against eachother and all those guilds quit during that time cuz game was unbearable, everything ultra polarized. Just ZvZ shit, sometimes strategy wasn't even a thing it was either numbers or exploiting mechanics thats what it all became.
I gotta say sadly mo1 was an exploit contest, people kept exploits secretly as long as they could.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
You see, nobody here is asking for the game to be a single player and you could mention as many games as you want but it wouldn't change the fact that solo player and small crew gameplay IS contemplated in game design, im not asking for them to invent gunpowder. Doesn't take a brilliant mind to understand zergs have the upper hand and their benefit exists just by grouping up.
I get it you in love with the concept of nation gaming and zergVzerg and shit like that, but mortal1 was more than that and mo2 looks like its more than that aswell, its supposed to have a variety of content designed for all kinds of gameplay and groups.

Then if solo and small crews gameplay is contemplated in the game why not properly, and why keep giving zergs tools instead of giving tools to the ones that are already in disadvantage, we could talk about the nature of the disadvantages and so on.

Zergs killed MO1 i can tell you that, i've been part of the last and biggest TC wars and it all became a contest for the biggest zerg, cold wars that lasted years, large groups waiting for others to quit and takeover. Not saying zergs shouldn't exist but quit wasting development time on that gamestyle and give other type of social organizations certain advantages and tools aswell.

Everything is so zerg centered and it definitely shouldn't, keep polarizing the game politically without addressing heavier problematics and its gonna be exacly like mo1, a dead game with guilds that have large clusters of people that won't ever log back in.

If you want to do solo or small crew gameplay then know your role. The Mexican Cartels are big fish in a small pond, but when they took on the United States CIA, the CIA showed them what the meaning of power really is... They hit them what is called a disproportionate response. In words you will understand, they zerged them. This was to prove a point, stay in your pond little fishy.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
If you want to do solo or small crew gameplay then know your role. The Mexican Cartels are big fish in a small pond, but when they took on the United States CIA, the CIA showed them what the meaning of power really is... They hit them what is called a disproportionate response. In words you will understand, they zerged them. This was to prove a point, stay in your pond little fishy.

Of course there needs to be space, features and mechanics for solos or small crews to know their role and progress.
Dude, those uncle sam hillbilly analogies don't prove anything whatsoever, completly off. Nothing to do with what we are talking about.
Whats next stablishing analogies with marvel universe?

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Of course there needs to be space, features and mechanics for solos or small crews to know their role and progress.
Dude, those uncle sam hillbilly analogies don't prove anything whatsoever, completly off. Nothing to do with what we are talking about.
Whats next stablishing analogies with marvel universe?

It does... I mean a small several million dollar per year organization is nothing compared to the might of the billion dollar funding of a government agency.

Or let me put it in another way.... The Army of One is great till they piss off the Army of two or more.

So basically dont piss off big groups, and stay in your lane. Most of the larger groups, from the Vadda Collective, the Coalition, and even the Wolfpack alliance dont care about 1-10 person groups that are out doing their own thing.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

manure

May 7, 2022
**Mechanic Explanation of new Features**

Hello Mortals,

I wanted to clear up some mechanics for the upcoming features to clear up confusions as it could come up. This will clear how things are supposed to work as intended.

**Bounty Hunter aka BH**

- Contracts cost 5g and reward 250 clade XP, 3 rep and 1 Bounty Hunter's coin. Contracts give you a name, guild name and murder count amount. Picking up and returning a contract sets a timer for 60 mins before you can take another contract at THAT particular contractor. You can travel elsewhere and pick up a contract. Cancelling a contract does the same thing. Only one contract at a time even across different contractors.

- To get a completed contract you need to kill or at least hit your target and he get killed near you. Your contract turns bloodied and you turn it in. Heads also now retain the names of your victim. For vanity.

- Bounty Hunter Coins are soul bound which means they cannot be dropped or traded. They will have a use for tools and cosmetics in the future.

- Bounty Contracts give you one Seeker Raven, you can buy more for 20s each.

- The Seeker Raven will tell you if the target is offline or where they are in a general way. *"Target is 8400 m to the South West"* You're able to use them if you don't have a contract so don't waste them.

- Targets will not see Bounty Hunter's flag until they are attacked by the BH. They will look Light grey after they hit the target. (Local Grey like a duel). Assisting one side or the other will cause you to flag Local Grey to the opposite side so they can retaliate.

- Targets show Up as Red named for the BH

- BH fights can happen in towns

- Bounty Hunter flags overlap other flags. Cannot get a contract for an ally or guild mate.

- Players with 5 + MC can Take BH contracts. Lawful Players can also take BH contracts.

- BH has Steam Leaderboards

- All towns have birdkeepers and contractors. GK and Kranesh include

**Wardecs and Alliance Systems**

- To start a war it costs 200g for the instigator.

- To quit a war it will take 48 hours before you can and cost 100g. One side has to do it

- To enable to be able to Wardec a guild, it requires that at least 2 members are murderers.

- Alliances cost 100g on each side to accept.

- Alliances are free to cancel

- Ally members receive buffs from your clade gift buffs (active skills that give buffs).

- Wardecs on one guild will bring in entire alliance into the war.

- In an Alliance, the guild who is in the war proper, can stop the war. The alliance member cannot.

- When you hit a wardec'ed player (Orange named). Youi will receive a 5 minute War Combatant debuff. This will have guards kill you as if you are a criminal.

- You can loot orange bags without a criminal timer.

- There is a limit of 10 in alliances and 10 wars for a guild.

- Not in this patch, but an upkeep system for both Wardecs and Alliances will be added.

**Refining Oven**

They are in next patch and can be bought in capitals. It is only able to be used in Keeps.

**Legendary Weapons**

That's a secret for now.

**All the values and rules may get slight adjustments before patch is launched**

I wanted to give you guys a bit of insight what to expect. If I find out about tweaks I'll edit this list.

Please explain now why did we get safe areas outside town to farm gold and resources in 100% safety ?
Why were lictor guards placed around player houses and at the medulis graveyard ?
Why not adding a bank, a vendor and a stable right inside the graveyard as well ?

And finally...whats the purpose of Haven since Meduli is safer than Haven now ?

Please remove guards from the wilderness. Let them be only INSIDE towns

Reactions: Tzone

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
It does... I mean a small several million dollar per year organization is nothing compared to the might of the billion dollar funding of a government agency.

Or let me put it in another way.... The Army of One is great till they piss off the Army of two or more.

So basically dont piss off big groups, and stay in your lane. Most of the larger groups, from the Vadda Collective, the Coalition, and even the Wolfpack alliance dont care about 1-10 person groups that are out doing their own thing.
Those scenarios are really complex and what you are describing is a reductive version of reality to fit a point that has nothing to do with whats being debated here.

We already know more numbers/resources represent advantages in competitive contexts of whatever. So here you are justifying the lack of game design by normalizing it with piss poor analogies. The "life is unfair" mentality, the "if you don't like it leave" mentality, precisely what you claim to despise when "pvprs" tell noobs to fuck off when they complain because murderers "have it easy", pure fallacies.