May Ban Report and Warnings

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
Hello Mortals,

As most of you know we changed our ban policy and processes recently. We had mentioned that we wanted to give you proper reports as best we can. Today is the day for May.

In the month of May we have perma-banned and temp banned a total of 129 accounts.

25 accounts were banned for exploiting.

104 accounts we banned for hacking.

(Extra) 2 accounts were banned for duping at the tail end of April.

We continue to remain diligent on making MO2 a fair experience for all. We appreciate your reports and patience with us.

Dungeon Boss Mob Exploits

Exploiting bosses by not using the intentional and intended mechanics will constitute bans. Bosses are meant to be battled properly while you are in danger. It is up to the discretion of SV and the GM team to determine what is intended. Please refer to our ban-policy information. There is a flaw with how the boss adjusts its health or aggro in certain situations which we will address soon. For now, don't cheat. This is your public warning.

Exploiting is using any method of play or mechanic that is not intended or overlooked by the developers - such as noticing a boss doesn't aggro on you in its room. This is covered in the ban policy and the EULA.

If you think it's silly, too good to be true, or something seems off - if you have to wonder at all, then the answer is probably no, you should simply not do it. Please report this and tackle the challenge properly instead. The team is always looking into these cases and making adjustments to avoid these from happening. If you were exploiting in the past and not caught, then exploit in the future and caught, this is not an usable excuse. If you knew someone who did it but want to try it, it is not an excuse.

With our ever changing game, there will be things and rules we have to change to give players a more fair experience across the board.

Wall of Shame

We are still internalizing the logistics and making a decision whether or not we move forward. I will try to have some information on this on the end of the week if possible.

manure

May 7, 2022
Hello Mortals,

As most of you know we changed our ban policy and processes recently. We had mentioned that we wanted to give you proper reports as best we can. Today is the day for May.

In the month of May we have perma-banned and temp banned a total of 129 accounts.

25 accounts were banned for exploiting.

104 accounts we banned for hacking.

(Extra) 2 accounts were banned for duping at the tail end of April.

We continue to remain diligent on making MO2 a fair experience for all. We appreciate your reports and patience with us.

Dungeon Boss Mob Exploits

Exploiting bosses by not using the intentional and intended mechanics will constitute bans. Bosses are meant to be battled properly while you are in danger. It is up to the discretion of SV and the GM team to determine what is intended. Please refer to our ban-policy information. There is a flaw with how the boss adjusts its health or aggro in certain situations which we will address soon. For now, don't cheat. This is your public warning.

Exploiting is using any method of play or mechanic that is not intended or overlooked by the developers - such as noticing a boss doesn't aggro on you in its room. This is covered in the ban policy and the EULA.

If you think it's silly, too good to be true, or something seems off - if you have to wonder at all, then the answer is probably no, you should simply not do it. Please report this and tackle the challenge properly instead. The team is always looking into these cases and making adjustments to avoid these from happening. If you were exploiting in the past and not caught, then exploit in the future and caught, this is not an usable excuse. If you knew someone who did it but want to try it, it is not an excuse.

With our ever changing game, there will be things and rules we have to change to give players a more fair experience across the board.

Wall of Shame

We are still internalizing the logistics and making a decision whether or not we move forward. I will try to have some information on this on the end of the week if possible.

Great job !
Its always pleasant when we see cheaters and exploiters actually being punished !

I will never understand why someone would cheat on a game like this.
Theres no other game in the market like MO2, which offers freedom to the players and no ridiculous safe areas... and instead of enjoying this jewel, actually playing it, these people aim for cheating...
I hope these cheaters go play some ordinary garbage out there (which is what a cheater deserves) and never return.
Congrats, SV.

In time... I'd like to see the same kind of treatment to exploiters.
I have reported on a daily basis about the most known exploit currently in MO2, which is the MURDER COUNT EXPLOIT.

Some people simply suicide themselves after being hit by someone just to give murder counts.

This is obviously not intended and is abused everyday.

Please, either fix this exploit or temporary BAN those who abuse this exploit.

I will keep reporting it to GMs everytime I see that happening.

Please, do punish the exploiters who suicide themselves to give murder counts to whoever hit them by accident.

People should only get murder counts if they actually killed someone.
Not if someone suicided.

Thank you

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Dont exploit or cheat in game and you'll have no problem
Well what about the time they got unbanned because of accidents and mistakes? and no statements saying they were unbanned to clear their names.

I cant even counter you on this forum even though I have proof because I would just get banned.

I was for wall of shame but the GMs are new and have been making to many mistakes recently so its a no.

In a sandbox game you use the tools given to you to play the game. Sandbox means player created and player created content but Starvault is treating this like a themepark MMO instead.
Saying dont cheat when you play buy the rules with the tools, mechanics, and rules given to you but they change afterwards is pretty out of touch. Especially when the staff apparently doesnt know how to play the game

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Bloodmasked

Jan 25, 2022
I agree. Have said this before. Think it's highly petty and unprofessional to try to create a wall of shame
Its as ridiculous a proposal as their idea to "mess with hackers". One example they gave was along the lines of "making hackers randomly fall through the world". Like why? Just ban them and be done with it. Putting anymore time, resources or thoughts to dealing with hackers beyond catching and banning them is extremely childish.

Reactions: ArcaneConsular

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Its as ridiculous a proposal as their idea to "mess with hackers". One example they gave was along the lines of "making hackers randomly fall through the world". Like why? Just ban them and be done with it. Putting anymore time, resources or thoughts to dealing with hackers beyond catching and banning them is extremely childish.
players in this game like what the spritist did work better then GM bans. They just starved out the RMT hackers. Players greifing hackers works the best because devs cant keep them out of the game only slow them down and make it harder to get back in.

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
Well what about the time they got unbanned because of accidents and mistakes? and no statements saying they were unbanned to clear their names.

I cant even counter you on this forum even though I have proof because I would just get banned.

I was for wall of shame but the GMs are new and have been making to many mistakes recently so its a no.

In a sandbox game you use the tools given to you to play the game. Sandbox means player created and player created content but Starvault is treating this like a themepark MMO instead.
Saying dont cheat when you play buy the rules with the tools, mechanics, and rules given to you but they change afterwards is pretty out of touch. Especially when the staff apparently doesnt know how to play the game
If someone gets banned, it become public, and then gets unbanned because of a mistake. I will GLADLY apologize and make it known.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
If someone gets banned, it become public, and then gets unbanned because of a mistake. I will GLADLY apologize and make it known.
Ok then did farmerjoe tell buda that what he did was not bannable? Did the LGM in the past tell player that using spritism portals to solo bosses was not bannable?

added later:
Because using spiritism to res yourself to keep fighting bosses was part of the game for months and allowed. The issue of the bosses not reseting HP was brought up and stated was intended.

Now they dont want some bosses to be soloable as they changed their mind because of trinkets. But instead of balancing spiritism with portal blocking or making the boss regain health when it leashes they started retro active bans.

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
Ok then did farmerjoe tell buda that what he did was not bannable? Did the LGM in the past tell player that using spritism portals to solo bosses was not bannable?

FarmerJoe does not dictate what constitutes a ban is. Henrik is at the top level for that. Buda was banned for exploiting. We are banning for this activity,. Its simple. Don't do it. Also rules can change as we process them internally. Thats just how it is. Buda was not perma banned, he was temp banned. It also isnt against him as his first strike. He got off easy in my eyes. But its not my decision, i'm not part of that process.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
FarmerJoe does not dictate what constitutes a ban is. Henrik is at the top level for that. Buda was banned for exploiting. We are banning for this activity,. Its simple. Don't do it. Also rules can change as we process them internally. Thats just how it is. Buda was not perma banned, he was temp banned. It also isnt against him as his first strike. He got off easy in my eyes. But its not my decision, i'm not part of that process.
So farmer joe a lead dev who makes the game, which most people have to talk to because discord ignores their DMs said it was not bannable.
I know that LGM discord was aware and said it was not bannable.

Also how is using game mechanics given to us to use in a sandbox exploiting? You have to read minds and guess the opinions of staff too know if you just playing the game was intended or not. This is supposed to be the best sandbox according to henrik but this sound more themepark

The devs make the game and know it better then the GMs who still said it was not bannable.

You left the unoffical after having the game explained to you after claiming they were exploiting before learning about the situation from Discord.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
So farmer joe a lead dev who makes the game, which most people have to talk to because discord ignores their DMs said it was not bannable.
I know that LGM discord was aware and said it was not bannable.

Also how is using game mechanics given to us to use in a sandbox exploiting? You have to read minds and guess the opinions of staff too know if you just playing the game was intended or not. This is supposed to be the best sandbox according to henrik but this sound more themepark

The devs make the game and know it better then the GMs who still said it was not bannable.

You left the unoffical after having the game explained to you after claiming they were exploiting before learning about the situation from Discord.

No I left the unofficial discord because was called gamer words on the daily, the gaggle of unironically racist players, and the negativity. I tried to give some of those players a voice, but It wasn't respected at all. So those players can come to the official discord, reddit or here to express their feedback. I wasn't particularly mad or anything, I was just done. I tried.

if you want to talk rules, connect with Henrik or LGM Discord

Tzone

May 16, 2021
No I left the unofficial discord because was called gamer words on the daily, the gaggle of unironically racist players, and the negativity. I tried to give some of those players a voice, but It wasn't respected at all. So those players can come to the official discord, reddit or here to express their feedback. I wasn't particularly mad or anything, I was just done. I tried.

if you want to talk rules, connect with Henrik or LGM Discord
Very convenient that it coincided with pretty much every person coming around to it not being as exploit once the situation was explained that you finally left after months of being there. I didnt see any gamerwords being hurled at you then just people disagreeing with you.

People have come to the official discord to express feedback but now they are no longer allowed on the official discord because of the feedback they expressed. Most people are in unoffical because we cant be in the official discord.

Please explain how it was a exploit to die and res in the boss room as a spiritist to refight the boss especially after being stated that all mechanics were intended. What bug was used? All of it was intentional, known to SV for months and these players had GMs watch them solo the bosses in order to catch the hackers.

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
Very convenient that it coincided with pretty much every person coming around to it not being as exploit once the situation was explained that you finally left after months of being there. I didnt see any gamerwords being hurled at you then just people disagreeing with you.

People have come to the official discord to express feedback but now they are no longer allowed on the official discord because of the feedback they expressed. Most people are in unoffical because we cant be in the official discord.

Please explain how it was a exploit to die and res in the boss room as a spiritist to refight the boss especially after being stated that all mechanics were intended. What bug was used? All of it was intentional, known to SV for months and these players had GMs watch them solo the bosses in order to catch the hackers.
You'll have to talk to Henrik about that one.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
You'll have to talk to Henrik about that one.
Dodging after you were so affirm that we were wrong. The reasonable person would conclude that there was no exploits.

What up with you saying their ban timer was up when it has not been 3 days yet? Do you just know know whats going on and spoke with out knowing the context? Like when you jumped to conclusions saying they exploited before you understood how soloing bosses as a spritist worked.

Like they keep you in the dark man.

Saying don't cheat and you will be fine after you said they can change their mind and then ban you later is something George Orwell would write.