Map?

Chronicburn

Jan 9, 2021
Hey I'm new here and just logged in first time a couple days ago. I played several mmo's before but never played in a beta. Is there some reason I can't get the map to come up? Just wondering because all I've managed to do so far is find a priest, then head off in one direction for a long time cutting a little wood, mining a little rock and I picked some roses. Never saw any wildlife or other players. Is that normal for the state of the beta? Thanks.

Reactions: Ibarruri

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Hey I'm new here and just logged in first time a couple days ago. I played several mmo's before but never played in a beta. Is there some reason I can't get the map to come up? Just wondering because all I've managed to do so far is find a priest, then head off in one direction for a long time cutting a little wood, mining a little rock and I picked some roses. Never saw any wildlife or other players. Is that normal for the state of the beta? Thanks.
So first off welcome.

In regards to a map there is none. This may sound crazy and its understandable if you think you will never learn the map as all of us i'm sure felt the same way at one point.

Eventually you will know the layout of the map all in your head.

Playing mortal 1 f2p currently can give you a general sense in a smaller map if you like.

There are NPCS currently, basically deer and bandits but they're working on adding more.

Its not really normal for a beta, I think they mean "combat beta" as in the combat is in beta.

Vakirauta

May 28, 2020
Poland
Its possible that there won't be any ingame map. It never was in MO1. The only one you can get is made by Rhias, posted here just a while ago by Blood Thorn. Slyy is working on the same interactive map as it was in MO1, with use of that one mentioned before.

Chronicburn

Jan 9, 2021
Thanks for the replies guys, looks like game should be interesting. Is there a way to tell my current location on the map blood thorn shared so I can figure out which way I want to head? Thanks again

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
Thanks for the replies guys, looks like game should be interesting. Is there a way to tell my current location on the map blood thorn shared so I can figure out which way I want to head? Thanks again
You can use the help chat but everyone see what you write.

Chronicburn

Jan 9, 2021
Use compass and that outside map and thats all :p
Ok it looks like I want to head for north center so assuming I’m at or near the bottom (the first direction I headed was south lol) how long should I expect it to take to walk to the top approximately? Just want to know if I should plan for an hour or several or a whole day ... I have no idea how big this place is

Vakirauta

May 28, 2020
Poland
I don't know from where are you going, but from west end to east end takes aprox 2-2.5h on foot. Maybe less.

Vakirauta

May 28, 2020
Poland
You can just create a new character there, but yeah, its some kind of fun to run arround, learning map and trying to find something by yourself

Oh, and Fab is not that big. Most of the ppl just gather there. If you want a capital city, try to find Morin Khur

Reactions: Chronicburn

Chronicburn

Jan 9, 2021
You can just create a new character there, but yeah, its some kind of fun to run arround, learning map and trying to find something by yourself

Oh, and Fab is not that big. Most of the ppl just gather there. If you want a capital city, try to find Morin Khur
thanks for the advice, I hadn't thought of that! One more thing, I noticed when I tried to login in the last couple hours the server is down for maintenance. Is there a thread where they post maintenance times and/or estimates for coming back online?

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
I'm for a cartography skill that reveals a map. The reason being, if it was real life, it what be way easier to navigate by landmark, than it is in a simulated environment. Theres no real way to see or leave "bread crumbs".

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
I'm for a cartography skill that reveals a map. The reason being, if it was real life, it what be way easier to navigate by landmark, than it is in a simulated environment. Theres no real way to see or leave "bread crumbs".
Something like a minigame that you can draw a map with private information ecc. Could be nice