Make resources more regional

Piet

May 28, 2020
There is resources like sabura available almost everywhere. It was a big thing in MO1 where because you had to go around Meduli for sabura it made some trade and pvp encounters. When the servers go persistant can we please have the resources more regional like they were.

Theodosius

Jul 24, 2020
I agree. It doesn’t even make sense lore wise for saburra to be located on non coastal locations.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
It seems like the current setup has Meduli as an alchemical center, GK as an ore center, and Fab/Kranesh area has strong lumber resources.

Even as an ore center GK seems a bit OP though. It really didn't need saburra in addition to the blast furnace, and every ore type other than Calx when other parts or the map barely have gabore and tephra. Like the only thing you need from outside the GK - Cave Camp area now is Calx.

To be fair though. That whole area sucks for literally everything but ore currently.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
It seems like the current setup has Meduli as an alchemical center, GK as an ore center, and Fab/Kranesh area has strong lumber resources.

Even as an ore center GK seems a bit OP though. It really didn't need saburra in addition to the blast furnace, and every ore type other than Calx when other parts or the map barely have gabore and tephra. Like the only thing you need from outside the GK - Cave Camp area now is Calx.

To be fair though. That whole area sucks for literally everything but ore currently.

Not true about GK, it sucking outside of ore.

Reactions: ThaBadMan

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
There are some decent things closer to mage tower, but I have scoured that entire dead area around GK and you have some whitewood, brownwood, and sulfur. In not too great of quantities. That's it unless new stuff got patched in lately.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
There are some decent things closer to mage tower, but I have scoured that entire dead area around GK and you have some whitewood, brownwood, and sulfur. In not too great of quantities. That's it unless new stuff got patched in lately.

You forget dungeons and AI still aren't fully implemented, along with other mobs.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Right. Lets not forget the state the regions were in for 10 years. By lore the north has the best metals and the best wood. That is fine.

The north also had the majority if dungeons and continued to have goid gold sources even when the devs started patching it up.

They should fix it from the ground up this time. I'm obviously severely worried because they decided to do the jungle last. Exactly like last time...

With a bigger world an interesting distribution of resources is important.

Reactions: KermyWormy

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
Right. Lets not forget the state the regions were in for 10 years. By lore the north has the best metals and the best wood. That is fine.

The north also had the majority if dungeons and continued to have goid gold sources even when the devs started patching it up.

They should fix it from the ground up this time. I'm obviously severely worried because they decided to do the jungle last. Exactly like last time...

With a bigger world an interesting distribution of resources is important.
Well at least this time around we know you guys will be getting cosmoid more easily, which is basically the best scale material in the game.

But the jungle should have tons of calx, Brownwood, and other good resources honestly.

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
With bigger map logistics will be more complex and may push crafters/gatherers people to be more cooperative.
Moving resources around may require solving a lot of security problems.

Generally disproportion between rich and poor may be larger than in MO1.

I think it will be important to make sure low tier materials will be useful enough so players with less power will have some role on the server beside
being easy targets.

I would not count on politics to solve random player killing or providing any sort of protection for simple folks.
Economy should be based on prediction that players in charge will be ruthless assholes trying to control all the mats and make
good equipment not accessible for the rest.

NINEN

Dec 20, 2020
Maybe there should be a defining great resource in each part of the map.

Goltarion

Jun 3, 2020
How about put the clothos maiden queen and the serpent somewhere else not in the north this time. Or do they need to be there for lore reasons?