Make Healing Queue off Psyche Instead of Int

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
The point of this change is this, healer/mages are awesome, and this change wouldn't remove them. There are already existing mage builds with both high psyche and int. But in general, healing should be more separated from magical damage. They should not be the same role.

Where this becomes particularly important is in builds that just want the healing and not the offense. For instance, most good hybrid builds are going to have both some int and some psyche because they want the spell effect, total mana pool, and magic resist. This change wouldn't really nerf them BUT, suppose you have a paladin who purely wants heals and tankiness. They could min int and put the rest in psy, making their build stronger in exchange for losing offensive spells.

Other side effects:

Psy stack builds are currently stupid. Who the hell would take 80yo over 60ish even on a fatmage? Nobody. Extra magic resist is a top tier stat for 0 builds. This also adversely effects races like Sarducaans and Sheevra that have great Psyche maxes.

I want you to take a look at this build and imagine that as I suggest, their healing power comes from Psyche:

1619863458474.png

Nothing special right? Pretty bad build TBH. Not very fast or super strong for a melee build. But imagine that 106 Psyche isn't just magic resist. It's also the stat that determines heal strength. All of a sudden that is looking like a pretty badass healer hybrid (assuming next patch's int curve makes 106 a good caster stat level again). It's not too slow, not too weak, not too low HP total, and it's highly magic resistant and capable of quite solid heals to make up for it. Sarducaans just became useful as melees. And it didn't steal any other build's roles to do so. It's good at the new role this would create. Heal-heavy hybrid.

Piet

May 28, 2020
I am against this. Psy is already OP af. In MO1 it gave you a chance to resist and mana. IMO that's what Psy should be nerfed back to instead of damage reduction plus resist that halves the already reduced damage which is in stark contrast to defense against physical damage which gets bonus damage based on naked and then reduced by armor. This would be a major buff to hybrids and paladin's while being a debuff to any damage mage because of the new high amount of psy which is already an overly useful stat.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I wouldn't mind seeing resist chance removed entirely to counterbalance this. IMO flat reduction should be the one to stay of one of them goes. Less RNG is better.

It definitely wouldn't be a major debuff to current mage builds though. Very few mage or even hybrid builds dump psyche because they need the mana.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
1619865846820.png

A reminder of what Psyche currently does. At absolute max it reduces total magic damage by roughly 50%.

One thing this change could open up is the ability to add magic resist to some armor materials. IMO it's a bit crazy that naked protects as well from magic as every set of armor, and kind of defeats the purpose of this being a full loot game.

Adding magic resist to some mats both addresses that, and gives the ability to buff some currently bad armor mats and sets to be more interesting (For instance robes and high-tier leathers).

Piet

May 28, 2020
I wouldn't mind seeing resist chance removed entirely to counterbalance this. IMO flat reduction should be the one to stay of one of them goes. Less RNG is better.

It definitely wouldn't be a major debuff to current mage builds though. Very few mage or even hybrid builds dump psyche because they need the mana.
If they removed the resist it may be more of an option. I am still against it but then it would at least make psy less op and help mages a little.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Well this is pure speculation, but a common hope/prediction for the int curve is 1-50 will remain unchained and 50-138 will offer the same benefits they do now but more evened to make 50-100 mean a lot more.

If that is the case, 50 would likely remain the meta for hybrids. If this change were implemented 50/50 would become the new hybrid meta to replicate existing hybrids (Any hybrid build I currently run already has about 50 PSY for the mana pool anyway)

Where it gets interesting is when someone says "I want to specialize in offense/defense"

At that point they can drop int or psy to 50 and move the points to the other stat to make it stronger.

This is what you see with the Sarduucan hybrid build. I'm personally a huge fan of excluding things from builds. I like healing a lot better at offense. I'd drop my offense to make my healing stronger if I could. Kind of weird that I can't.

I'm also a huge fan of the fact 80yo would become a meta build for healers XD

Last edited:

Piet

May 28, 2020
Well this is pure speculation, but a common hope/prediction for the int curve is 1-50 will remain unchained and 50-138 will offer the same benefits they do now but more evened to make 50-100 mean a lot more.

If that is the case, 50 would likely remain the meta for hybrids. If this change were implemented 50/50 would become the new hybrid meta to replicate existing hybrids (Any hybrid build I currently run already has about 50 PSY for the mana pool anyway)

Where it gets interesting is when someone says "I want to specialize in offense/defense"

At that point they can drop int or psy to 50 and move the points to the other stat to make it stronger.

This is what you see with the Sarduucan hybrid build. I'm personally a huge fan of excluding things from builds. I like healing a lot better at offense. I'd drop my offense to make my healing stronger if I could. Kind of weird that I can't.

I'm also a huge fan of the fact 80yo would become a meta build for healers XD
That's true I wasn't taking the int changes into consideration. We will see how that goes and how it changes stuff.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Disagree. PSY is already a very rewarding stat, and paladin builds honestly don't need to be better in their present state. Maybe revisit this idea after the INT curve update.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
I don’t agree with this because it will make it even harder for damage mages to do any damage, while giving hybrids even more healing. Already mages offensive capabilities are very low. Give pure healers AND hybrids even more healing and resist ,and there will be zero point in being a damage mage. Hybrids are strong enough against mages, especially with the current running speeds, there is no need to give them even more healing/resist.

This will also make problems for full fighters as they will be faced with every hybrid healing himself even more than now.

no thanks.

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
Psy Fighters/Mage Killers were already a thing.
its an interesting concept but mage versatility doesn't need the hit right now.

Konrad

Feb 24, 2021
Ireland
right, this happens and everyone will play hybrid or psy warrior, also nobody would play mages anymore because nobody would need them for healing anymore and simply because EVERYONE would roll a psy warrior for self heals while having shit ton of PSY to protect against 'offense mages' , might as well write a topic: ''delete pure mages from MO2 / NEW broken meta'',
To clarify EVERYONE would be able to corrupt/purify and heal like a dex mage or better. Interesting idea to bring versetality for 'paladin/psy warrior' builds but at the same time you will end up with a new broken meta and basically deleting mages from the roster. big no no

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
I don't hate this idea, mostly because as it stands psyche is kind of an attribute that you just dump your excess points into rather than deciding to invest in it for a purpose. No one really builds their character around maxing out their psyche, which is what I think Kaemik is trying to create with a change like this.

It may not be necessary when/if more support magic schools are released so that lesser and greater heals are not the only healing spells in the game. We've never seen a support magic school implemented which makes me sad. No one cares about the support mains :( Its all about blowing shit up.

LivingshadeNL

Mar 23, 2021
Int affects magic damage...so his suggestion would just give a differentiation between a support mage/hybrid vs a damage mage/hybrid.
I get your point but psyche allready has alot of mana resist and max mana u get, so i see no reason to do this.

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
I get your point but psyche allready has alot of mana resist and max mana u get, so i see no reason to do this.

Fair enough, int would be magic damage and max mana where psyche would be healing done, max mana, and magic resist. Giving psyche 3 benefits and int only 2.

(which is why I stated in my next post it may not be necessary with more support oriented magic schools being released)

LivingshadeNL

Mar 23, 2021
Fair enough, int would be magic damage and max mana where psyche would be healing done, max mana, and magic resist. Giving psyche 3 benefits and int only 2.

(which is why I stated in my next post it may not be necessary with more support oriented magic schools being released)
But why? There is so much wrong with being a mage but this isnt one of them, not trying to be a dick here but i still see 0 reasons to change this

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
But why? There is so much wrong with being a mage but this isnt one of them, not trying to be a dick here but i still see 0 reasons to change this

I was simply stating what the change would be not that I advocate it. I agree that there are a lot more issues the mages face with the current speed/dex system.

I stated in a post above that I think the intent behind the change would be to create a differentiation between a support and a damage caster (mage or hybrid).

I'm not really for or against this, I'm just stating its an interesting idea. I don't think it would vastly change too much because most mages have high int and psyche, just int tends to be higher.

I think a change like this affects hybrids more than it does mages. Most mages may see a slight lowering in their offensive or defensive capabilities (depending on which attribute they decided to invest in and how the scaling would be implemented). A hybrid would have to basically choose to either be an offensive or defensive magic user.

LivingshadeNL

Mar 23, 2021
I was simply stating what the change would be not that I advocate it. I agree that there are a lot more issues the mages face with the current speed/dex system.

I stated in a post above that I think the intent behind the change would be to create a differentiation between a support and a damage caster (mage or hybrid).

I'm not really for or against this, I'm just stating its an interesting idea. I don't think it would vastly change too much because most mages have high int and psyche, just int tends to be higher.

I think a change like this affects hybrids more than it does mages. Most mages may see a slight lowering in their offensive or defensive capabilities (depending on which attribute they decided to invest in and how the scaling would be implemented). A hybrid would have to basically choose to either be an offensive or defensive magic user.
I dont know man it would force mages to go in a support role 90% of the time since most groups want healers, making magery more boring being a healbot always.. im sorry i dont think i like this idea.