Magic provocate Spell, Claide Gift or Skill that make tamed combat animals rage for a specific ammount of time and a subsequent immunity.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
I think we need a provocate Spell ,claide Gift or Skill with a high Cooldown. A bear should get an immunity against this ability for a specific ammout of time, before such a skill can be used against the animal again. It need an indicator for the immunity Cooldown. Maybe an Icon next to healthbar of the bear. This spell or ability should make the combat animals like bears go crazy. The Animal could stand up like the bear on that Picture to indicate that the animal is angry. This spell should cause the Tamer to loose controll of the animal for a specific ammount of time and it should attack randomly all players on the battlefield, switching it targets many times and shoudn´t listen to the commands such as all attack or all follow. After the spell ends it should loose a good ammout of loyality and every attack command should cost the tamer loyality of his pet. In addition the running arround and switching the targets could cost the animal stamina. I think all tamed animals should have a stamina bar. This ability should only work if the animal is in all attack mode and send on a player to prevent player using this ability on a tamed pet in the town, or the guards would attack it. Not if the animal is in follow or all stay mode.
The powerful tamed animals are not exactly mobile and are more likely to be used to defend a city. They can be a little stronger, but not nearly as strong as they are now. I have not fought many bears, but I blocked every attack in the wrong direction last time. I like them doing directional attacks but they should be more easy to block. The bear should miss from time to time and not hit you with every attck if you are running, only if you are standing still and have no stamina.
Instead of the animal hitting the running player with every hit, a knockdown mechanism should be built in, which the tamer can put in his hotbar and these special attacks should have a cooldown. A bear could throw a foot soldier or a player on a horse onto the ground. Another approach would be an exaustion mechanic. Tamed Pets loose Stamina for every parried hit and gain Stamina for every successful hit. If you parry a white bear 5 times in a row he could be exhausted for some seconds or switch the target.

I don't think the bears should follow a player into the water either.

The taming is a new feature that could not be properly tested during the Combat Alpha and need some adjustments. I like to see animals on the battlefield, but they need to be balanced. Otherwise you will read reviews such as Pokemon Online, if they not get balanced. 100 taming skill will take some time, and SV should balance them before the players have 100 Taming. I think SV should have the following priority after release. Balance Pets, further improve Combat, Keybindings, Terretory controll, add more Monsters dungens, fishing, gambling games, more secret tasks and lore and after that new magic Schools. Don´t add to much new Combat mechanics and Magic, before the already added new mechanics are eprfectly balanced.

unnamed.jpg

Here a Video how powerful some Pets are.

Wite your feedback about how you woudl like to see Pets nefed under the comments.

Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
We need you Ideas ! I think SV need some Feedback on that from tamers and PVP Players, so taming is fun, have their use but won´t totally OP ! Same for Necromancy.I got told that Necromancy in MO1 was very OP !

Nisse

Jun 17, 2021
Rage sounds like an Animism spell. As long as there is a counter-spell to clear the effect and calm the beast, it sounds ok as a concept. But keep in mind this is similar to a spell that makes a foot-fighters sword start hitting themselves, so it is going to need some serious cast time and/or reagents. It’s also 100% going to be used in towns against blue players, so get ready to watch all combat pets in towns be slaughtered by guards.

Not all tamers will have access to counter-magic. This might actually work better if it were limited to dominated pets, as those are guaranteed to have a mage owner who can at least respond with his own magic, even if that’s just a simple purify rather than something locked under Animism.

Last edited:
Reactions: Najwalaylah

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Rage sounds like an Animism spell. As long as there is a counter-spell to clear the effect and calm the beast, it sounds ok as a concept. But keep in mind this is similar to a spell that makes a foot-fighters sword start hitting themselves, so it is going to need some serious cast time and/or reagents. It’s also 100% going to be used in towns against blue players, so get ready to watch all combat pets in towns be slaughtered by guards.

Not all tamers will have access to counter-magic. This might actually work better if it were limited to dominated pets, as those are guaranteed to have a mage owner who can at least respond with his own magic, even if that’s just a simple purify rather than something locked under Animism.

Ok that could be a problem. Should nto work in the Guardzone. Would be stupid if blue animals would get slughtered after someone using such an Ability.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
The ability shoul only work if the animal is in all attack mode and send on a player. Not if the animal is in follow or all stay mode.