List of current issues (Bugs/play) with PvE

Tzone

May 16, 2021
This is just a list of known or current issues along with some ideas on improvements for PvE.

Most of these the devs might already know about and have on a to do list. Sometimes how ever there are issues the devs dont know about but we think they know about.
Please post your issues/bugs. Would be nice if devs could confirm that these bugs are on a todo list so if not we could go find more evidence to prove the bugs exist.

List of bugs I have seen:

Mobs will stand inside of each other
Mobs will get stuck on various barricades (being worked on, if you see report in game so they can fix the nav mesh)
Mobs will walk through the ground (especially on hills) Haven western most bandit camp of the bandit camp pair is the biggest example
Mobs dont hit each other, Might be a feature but I see it as a bug.
Bears have two skins (see alot of the LOD textures still being applied up close) this goes for terrain and some trees as well.
Mobs have irregular speeds. Some times a mobs speed wont match its animations gate. Also they will go from walk to fastest sprinter you have ever seen in game.
It could be me but some times the Mobs are not in sync with the rest of the server or laggy.
Mobs will sometimes hit you even if they did not make contact with you, this bug got better this patch but still happens where you are getting hit even if you dodge.
Part of the bug above, mobs will hit you through objects, like if you stand on a house they will hit you from under the house.
Archers bandits seem to have hitscan. You can hide behind trees or get under the archer, but you can not dodge them. Its noticeably far faster then players arrows.

My concerns out side of the bugs is that you are relegated to fighting mobs 1v1 if they are a threat at all to you. Fighting 1v1 gets stale with most of the mobs as you wait for slow charge up attacks to parry. If they fix the issue where mobs stand inside of each other, the issue where they dont hit each other, and the issue where it hits you with out actually making physical contact then I think it would be more viable to 1v2 in PvE. Really got a itch to pull more mobs instead of grinding one mob at a time with how some of the mobs make you wait for ever for their attack.

Solutions to make PvE more fun outside of bug fixing would to have them time their attacks at different times. To allow the player to one block the first, then the second, and maybe have time for a attack. Another change would be to have the mobs seem more aware of of close they are to the other mob so you can circle to force one of the other mobs to have to travel around the mob you are circling to hit you.

Reactions: Buiter

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Update on my PvP experience since the new AI system. I think its better then the old system even tho its missing a lot and clearly no where near finish.
Blue is new, white is existing.

Fur is currently turned off by SV to prevent crashes.

Mobs will stand inside of each much less. Risars will continue to stand inside of each other while wolves are less likely.
Mobs still get stuck on various barricades it its slightly better.

Mobs will walk through the ground mainly away from their spawn if you kite them out of their agro range.
Mobs dont hit each other, Might be a feature but I see it as a bug.

Mobs have irregular speeds but has gotten better. Then main issue is that sometime mobs will run around a tree but speed/sync up in order to keep the same distance from you that they would have had if they didnt run around that tree.

Mobs will still hit you even if they did not make contact with you, this bug got better this patch but still happens where you are getting hit even if you dodge. Right now the mobs will be glitched and face away from you but still attack you. Most notable when they are near your horse they will face it but be agro'd to you while you are on foot and will still hit you.

Part of the bug above, mobs will hit you through objects, like if you stand on a house they will hit you from under the house.
Archers bandits seem to have hitscan. You can hide behind trees or get under the archer, but you can not dodge them. Its noticeably far faster then players arrows.

Most notable with animals, that when the mobs path around trees they will go through the trunk a lot if they are far away. Seems like the issue occurs less when the player is closer to the animal when they are pathing around the tree to attack the player.

Mostly noticed with animals, they will glitch and stand outside of their attack range at times. Usually if there is a horse near them or the player moves back a little bit and then doesn't move anymore.

Risar Dungeons main stairs are really bad, you cant run or walk up them. You have to jump and even then its still tedious to get out of the dungeon.

Dying while in Risar Dungeon you will preist to MK but if you get out and walk a lil ways to the north you go to GK with is far closer then MK. Our party ended up in different towns. The priest button is not distance based. Please let the priest button tell you which priest you are going to.

Also in Risar dungeon several mobs in the floor or walls at some places. And there were two risars stuck on a statues platform. All of these have been reported.

Feedback outside of bugs.
I really like how the wolves/bear/direwolves are pathing to trees and then running around them. The makes archery not a sit and shoot at a target moving in a straight line. They just need better animations for going around the trees and needs to smooth them out.
Sometimes the animals jerk really suddenly so you would miss your shot as there was no way to know they were going to jerk and veer off to a tree. Maybe have some sort of visual que that the animal is about to change directions before it changes directions. Something like a lil bit of a sway to the direction its about to path too.
I like how the animals at times would run away a couple of steps then stop and then run back. Its kinda like a dodge. The wolves should certainly be faster at returning to the fight. Wolves should also as a group do this more and try to surround the players. If you could someone make them recognize your back and try to circle around you that would be cool. Similar to how they run a little ways away from you then return. Have the AI run a little ways away then run a circle around the player while the other wolves try to attack.

Last edited: