Leveling speed in the beta

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
I hope it will be No grind or and extreme long grind. But everything in the middle is shit.

I want Nearly no Grind.
Or fully extremly long hardcore grind.

But middle way is shit way. Its like politics if you decide the middle way everyone is pissed to the same amount. So you just have to decide for one side.

undeadfred

Aug 18, 2021
Why gate what makes your game fun behind a grind? The word Grind btw is a colloquialism for a long tedious, and insufferable task.

MO2 will never do PvE better than what's out on the market. It's the PvP and its connection the world that matters. Why would you gate what makes your game fun and unique behind a grind?

"Don't worry man this game gets good after 80 hours."
Great so after the equivalent of 2 weeks of an additional full time job they finally in their time of leisure get to have fun.

"It's the grind that makes it Hardcore"
There is nothing hardcore about doing a repetitive task, that you can ultimately automate with a single line of code.

There are players who will stick around for the promise of what MO2 can be. However, they are the MINORITY.
You have to be able to show new players the hook, what makes your game great in the first day.
"Yea man I tried that game. I hit a rock with torch for an hour and then stabbed a glitchy zombie in the face that rubber banded back, and walked around a giant empty city. It sucked."

First impressions are pretty important, and unfortunately I doubt this game will ever have a great first impression, but it can still survive if players can get to the promise of this game is fast enough. An 80 hour grind (two weeks) is more then a bad first impression it's a bad minimum wage job.

The investment in this game is the guilds, the politics, the resources, the industry, the economy.
Setting up a macro to left click while you watch reruns of Always Sunny isn't intriguing

Reactions: Papito

Kameyo

Aug 14, 2020
Think about the grind you're going to have to endure for some clades when you get 1 point for a zombie with a graveyard full of people.

Mo2 is smaller then Mo1 it has much less pve content the difference is the massive space in between that content.

• Haha
Reactions: undeadfred