Let's put the MOUNT back into Mounted Magery

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire
Nothing wrong with MM. Expand outside of ecumenical spells.
I can't get a group to do mino king and I can't afford 3k to buy the scroll.
I refuse to buy spirit boxes because they are too expensive.
Besides, our (small) guild is still saving for a stronghold so wasting gold on something like spiritism is out of the question.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I can't get a group to do mino king and I can't afford 3k to buy the scroll.
I refuse to buy spirit boxes because they are too expensive.
Besides, our (small) guild is still saving for a stronghold so wasting gold on something like spiritism is out of the question.
Ecumanical is already very strong and all you need.

JimJam

Apr 23, 2022
You are not a top mage
Isnt that the problem tho? If you have to be the absolute best at your class to be even remotely viable, isnt that just garbage game design? Melee can have shitters and be strong. Are you saying every MA is the best player lol.

Reactions: Atom and Belegar

Presul

Apr 26, 2022
I would like to see mounted magery maybe reduce the casting penalty by 50% and maybe change it so mounted magery only does like 90% of damage instead of 100%?

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Isnt that the problem tho? If you have to be the absolute best at your class to be even remotely viable, isnt that just garbage game design? Melee can have shitters and be strong. Are you saying every MA is the best player lol.

Not really @ melee unless by that you mean they can be a body to soak up dmg haha. Dudes get in the way and everything.

MAs on average I think are about med skill, at MA lol. Most people who play have MA because they know they need it, people who actually fight you can fight, usually, so there is a better chance of a MA being decent than a nub I'd say.

Mage is management, it's a different skill set. Not that it means other stuff can't be helpful, too, but the ability you can debuff people at range, heal, spike, pressure, if you can land your spells and you're smart enough to know how to get in and out and where to go if you get jumped, you should be able to be a good mage IF you choose what you do wisely. It's just like an extra wrinkle. A mage + melee is a nightmare combo for two melee IMO. All the mage has to do is nuke the one fighter hard, corrupt them, then stay alive while his teammate kills one of the guys. Then they double team the guy left.

I do think there need to be more ways to do things to make money so maybe stuff like dps and being able to parry/fight multi guys won't matter as much.

JimJam

Apr 23, 2022
Not really @ melee unless by that you mean they can be a body to soak up dmg haha. Dudes get in the way and everything.

MAs on average I think are about med skill, at MA lol. Most people who play have MA because they know they need it, people who actually fight you can fight, usually, so there is a better chance of a MA being decent than a nub I'd say.

Mage is management, it's a different skill set. Not that it means other stuff can't be helpful, too, but the ability you can debuff people at range, heal, spike, pressure, if you can land your spells and you're smart enough to know how to get in and out and where to go if you get jumped, you should be able to be a good mage IF you choose what you do wisely. It's just like an extra wrinkle. A mage + melee is a nightmare combo for two melee IMO. All the mage has to do is nuke the one fighter hard, corrupt them, then stay alive while his teammate kills one of the guys. Then they double team the guy left.

I do think there need to be more ways to do things to make money so maybe stuff like dps and being able to parry/fight multi guys won't matter as much.
You are defiantly right however, I am mainly talking about mounted mage not foot mage. Foot mage is fine and will just get stronger will new schools, mounted mage is just terrible tho imo. 2v2 the 2 melee could kill the other melee while the mage is about to send out his 5th spell, or the mage gets targeted first and dies to MA bow spam.