Lesser Healing vs Greater Healing

poorconsumer

Feb 8, 2022
so by these shotty calculations.

Lesser heal, heals at 78%-104% efficiency of greater heal. So, greater heal is for short burst (3-4 spell) healing while lesser heal is for sustained healing.

Just wondering what a healers take on this is.

1662382167543.png

Attachments

• 1662382091419.png
    1662382091419.png
    60.6 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: Najwalaylah

Rhias

May 28, 2020
You're talking about the time-efficiency?
The values in the spell book are not really reliable. There is a certain time it takes until the character starts the healing anination. And the release animation takes also some time. Therefore the greater healing is more efficient than it looks like when looking in the book.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Yes. Basically small heal is for sustained heals, mana conservation and to stay somewhat mobile. Greater heal is for when people are about to drop, you somehow have time to stand still and have oodles of mana to burn.

Last edited:

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Lesser healing ftw. Faster casting time, lower reagent cost, lower mana cost, lower skill bracket, and heal amount is fine even if it means several casts to equal one greater heal.

It also doesn't require you to scour the world or face unpredictable prices on the trade broker for the greater healing scroll in order to add it to your spellbook.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
You use lessers unless you know someone is very low and running to you for a heal. Greaters are situational for those non usual occasions of knowing someone is on their way and you have the time to prep it.

95% of the time you are doing lesser heals. G hears are a waste of mana and time.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Greater heal goes like brrrt pa ca

lesser is more like ta ta ta ta ta

If you're a fat mage you can keep greater spam up pretty mana efficiently. Which is more HPS

Reactions: Jatix and wyqydsyq
D

Deleted member 44

Always has. Average outburst is 20-30 so we will say 25 damage. You can cast it every 2 seconds. Thunderlash does about 45 damage and takes 3.5 seconds to cast and has considerably less range and uses nearly double the mana.
Yes, but the chance to resist thunderlash is lower. The resist chance calculation factors in caster intelligence AND spell level vs target pysche.

Reactions: Hodo
D

Deleted member 44

It also doesn't require you to scour the world or face unpredictable prices on the trade broker for the greater healing scroll in order to add it to your spellbook.
Bro what? I'm all for lesser and outburst spam but this comment doesn't make any sense. You only need to scribe it one time to have access to the spell. How many characters are you making that this is even close to being a concern?

Reactions: Hodo

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Bro what? I'm all for lesser and outburst spam but this comment doesn't make any sense. You only need to scribe it one time to have access to the spell. How many characters are you making that this is even close to being a concern?
Yes I'm aware of that. What I meant was getting my hands on the scroll which as far as I'm aware involves either buying it off the broker or finding it in the world somewhere. Then having to find a player to scribe it into my spellbook. It's the hoops I have to jump through just to get the spell.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

Hell I still have the SAME spellbook I started the game with.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Yes I'm aware of that. What I meant was getting my hands on the scroll which as far as I'm aware involves either buying it off the broker or finding it in the world somewhere. Then having to find a player to scribe it into my spellbook. It's the hoops I have to jump through just to get the spell.

So I am not sure where you are or what market you are dealing with but I was able to create a second spell book for an alt toon in under a day with every ecuminical spell in it including earthquake. It ran me about 600g total, and I had a guildmate help scribe all the spells I couldnt do myself. So unless you are a solo player, which that is mistake number one, or just incapable of travel, which is mistake two. There is zero reason to have most of the Ecu spells in a book if you want them.

poorconsumer

Feb 8, 2022
So I am not sure where you are or what market you are dealing with but I was able to create a second spell book for an alt toon in under a day with every ecuminical spell in it including earthquake. It ran me about 600g total, and I had a guildmate help scribe all the spells I couldnt do myself. So unless you are a solo player, which that is mistake number one, or just incapable of travel, which is mistake two. There is zero reason to have most of the Ecu spells in a book if you want them.

i play solo, and the fact i need to find a scribe is the reason i play 20 ecumenical and don't even consider the higher spells. i just take purify and lesser heal and live with it.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
i play solo, and the fact i need to find a scribe is the reason i play 20 ecumenical and don't even consider the higher spells. i just take purify and lesser heal and live with it.

It doesnt take much in the way of scribing to scribe those yourself. Hell I had those before I left haven.