Larger Pet Spawn timers

Bella Enchanted

Sep 23, 2021
Respawn timers on larger mobs tends to make the competition for pets quite steep, the ice bear cave for instance is so heavily contested and watched by crowds that waiting for the bear to respawn is truly dangerous especially for newer players. I'd suggest lowering those timers a bit to refresh some of the population around the area and keep resources from becoming monopolized by larger clans.

Reactions: Honzo

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Respawn timers on larger mobs tends to make the competition for pets quite steep, the ice bear cave for instance is so heavily contested and watched by crowds that waiting for the bear to respawn is truly dangerous especially for newer players. I'd suggest lowering those timers a bit to refresh some of the population around the area and keep resources from becoming monopolized by larger clans.
If I understood this correctly, you're asking for shorter spawn timers, which would mean smaller wait times.

Perhaps you were referring to shorter timers for larger pets?

I think this might lead to the Nave version of nuclear proliferation, with accompanying attempts to keep adding more white bears to the biggest guilds' arsenals, as well as occasionally making them easier at certain times for those Tamers without any to get their first one.

• It's unclear to me how this would make the place less dangerous for anyone, but I also surmise that
  • making the place less dangerous is not in keeping with the "harsh world" vision-- which means I wouldn't expect Star Vault to consider it.

There's a way to keep guilds & groups from walling off the white bear cave, and that seems like a solved problem already. Aside from that, how does making the supply greater keep people-- especially those who already have tamed white bears-- from trying to monoplise the supply? I don't expect that there will be an outbreak of 'willingness to share', especially as the Pet of this type seems to be one of the most powerful there is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crewe

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
The point is for these pets to be "rare". It's understandable that you'd want these pets....all tamers do, but unless you have a group capable of locking it down till you get one you're kinda stuck with lower tier pets.

IMO they should add a couple more white bear spawns locations that are tied. This means you can't just sit in one spot and wait for the white bear to spawn....well you can, but you'd have to hope is spawns where you're sitting. This would stop groups from camping and force them to travel around to find the next white bear

Tzone

May 16, 2021
White bear is not meant for new players in the first place. finally a resource people want to fight over and we want to make them not fight over it.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Yes, please make the respawn faster! That's exactly what the world needs. It's not like we already got too much of them...

Making the animal spawn much slower in such a huge world with so long travel times is not a proper way of balancing bears but annoying and the materials are used for Alchemy and so on.

Increasign the Spawn timer doesn't make the bear weaker either. It is just annoying.

You should need two very rare ring or magic amulet that gives you additional taiming points to tame this bear, that pushes the skill over cap from 100 to 103 Skillpoints. They are not ingame yet. If you have 2 of such rings you could tame creatures other players can´t tame.

In Ultima Online we had this Skillscrolls from the Boss after a raid. In Mortal Online we got magic rings and amulets as rare drops fro, Dungens.
This magic Rings and amulets were the only Items that couldn´t be dropped and looted, if your character died. We had several tiers of magic rings and amulets that could roll random stats and Skills, but you had to recharge them after death with new magic Power from an NPC and that was expencive.

We need proper systems to balance tamed pets and for the requirements to do so. I think increasing the spawn timer is the wrong approach. The more PVE and creatures we have the better the experience for the players. Everything according to the motto easy to get but balanced and not super time-consuming and way too strong.

I think we need much more feedback on tamed Pets, dominated Monsters and for mechanics to make Necromancy nice but not OP.

Here are my suggestions.
These mechanics were not adequately tested and balanced in Combat Alpha.

Last edited:

Bella Enchanted

Sep 23, 2021
If I understood this correctly, you're asking for shorter spawn timers, which would mean smaller wait times.

Perhaps you were referring to shorter timers for larger pets?

I think this might lead to the Nave version of nuclear proliferation, with accompanying attempts to keep adding more white bears to the biggest guilds' arsenals, as well as occasionally making them easier at certain times for those Tamers without any to get their first one.

• It's unclear to me how this would make the place less dangerous for anyone, but I also surmise that
  • making the place less dangerous is not in keeping with the "harsh world" vision-- which means I wouldn't expect Star Vault to consider it.

There's a way to keep guilds & groups from walling off the white bear cave, and that seems like a solved problem already. Aside from that, how does making the supply greater keep people-- especially those who already have tamed white bears-- from trying to monoplise the supply? I don't expect that there will be an outbreak of 'willingness to share', especially as the Pet of this type seems to be one of the most powerful there is.
Yeah I'm asking to shorten the spawn timer for "NEWER" players, AKA players who are newer to the game, not "newb players fresh out of the tutorial," and have NO IDEA that crowds of clans will be waiting at these places for HOURS.

It would be much more beneficial to the overall crowd population to lower the respawn timer of the large bear,

I SAID NOTHING AT ALL, about adding more large ice bears, NOTHING.

I don't care about the "Harsh realism" Of the game, I simply care about the amount of people being cucked in that area over something that is easily fixed with a readjusted spawn timer to keep crowds from holding the space for days on end.

That said, I stand by my ask entirely, Lower the larger animal spawn timers.
They are just too damn long.

Honzo

Sep 24, 2021
A massive timer on a pet just isn't a good way to make something more desirable or rare. It will cause needless griefing for non veterans.

Either reduce the timer to once an hour or only allow the "Rare" pet to be tamed after completing certain conditions as mentioned above.

Reactions: Anabolic Man

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Yeah I'm asking to shorten the spawn timer for "NEWER" players, AKA players who are newer to the game, not "newb players fresh out of the tutorial,"
You shorten it for some, you shorten it for all.

How you would even pretend to tell who was entirely new to Mortal games and who was simply had very little time into it yet, I cannot imagine.
I SAID NOTHING AT ALL, about adding more large ice bears, NOTHING.
I'll EILY5: You said something about shortening the spawn timer on larger mobs, and gave the ice bears-- because that's what spawns in the ice bear cave-- 'for instance'/
Respawn timers on larger mobs tends to make the competition for pets quite steep, the ice bear cave for instance
You seem to confuse a lack of danger and competition with something beneficial:
It would be much more beneficial to the overall crowd population to lower the respawn timer of the large bear,
You misquoted me with h ars h r ealis m when I said "harsh world". And you use a LOT OF CAPS for no reason.

I guess you're here to troll.
Lower the larger animal spawn timers.
They are just too damn long.
I think they might be fine like they are, but-- sure.
Done.

Bella Enchanted

Sep 23, 2021
A massive timer on a pet just isn't a good way to make something more desirable or rare. It will cause needless griefing for non veterans.

Either reduce the timer to once an hour or only allow the "Rare" pet to be tamed after completing certain conditions as mentioned above.

Agreed, the timers are just a waste of resources, time and energy on griefers waiting to happen.

Bella Enchanted

Sep 23, 2021
You shorten it for some, you shorten it for all.

How you would even pretend to tell who was entirely new to Mortal games and who was simply had very little time into it yet, I cannot imagine.

I'll EILY5: You said something about shortening the spawn timer on larger mobs, and gave the ice bears-- because that's what spawns in the ice bear cave-- 'for instance'/

You seem to confuse a lack of danger and competition with something beneficial:

You misquoted me with h ars h r ealis m when I said "harsh world". And you use a LOT OF CAPS for no reason.

I guess you're here to troll.

I think they might be fine like they are, but-- sure.
Done.

Just because I took your meaning out of context and misquoted, doesn't indemnify you to call me some 'troll'.

As I said, I stand by my ask, agree to disagree.