Killing spawns with houses....

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Is this intended? If so, then why? I've seen a ton of houses placed around and on spawns and can't help but to think that was their intention.

And with sieging not in the game on launch? Imagine if a handful of people built houses around an area or horse spawns and just kill the spawns.

Last edited:
Reactions: LordMega

Komodor

Jul 11, 2020
Most spawns were killed in MO1. It's design (which means: SV laziness, as always) choice.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I thought at one point Henrik said that the intent is to have spawns relocate when they get chased off due to construction.

Not sure if that is how they managed to get it at this point though.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Idk we'll see. Mostly just here for the ride. If the game dies after a few months I'll have already had enough fun. If SV wants to fix this stuff so the game lasts longer that's good too

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Which spawns are people killing? I havent seen any issues so far.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
I thought at one point Henrik said that the intent is to have spawns relocate when they get chased off due to construction.

Not sure if that is how they managed to get it at this point though.
Hmm yeah I guess them relocating somewhere nearby makes sense.

Which spawns are people killing? I havent seen any issues so far.
The most recent I saw was one right in the middle of the Urial spawn near Hyllspeia. There were no mobs there. I checked again today though and they were there. So idk? Someone in discord brought up the idea of some people intentionally killing spawns on launch (bc ppl do that kinda stuff) and us having no way of destroying the house bc no siege. Its just a potential issue, if they relocate somewhere nearby then no worries. I could 100% see someone building a T1 house in a horse spawn near town though just to troll.

In MO1 we wanted a guildhouse in a cave so we built in whitebear cave above Fab and killed the spawn (not realizing it would do that). People didn't like that at all and sieged us pretty quick.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Is this intended? If so, then why? I've seen a ton of houses placed around and on spawns and can't help but to think that was their intention.

And with sieging not in the game on launch? Imagine if a handful of people built houses around an area or horse spawns and just kill the spawns.

Yeah I really think this is trash. Another L for TC. TC comes in the game and people are already spreading AIDS. This is why I liked MO pre TC when you had to do your own thing. You wanna keep people off a spawn, then you camp it. If you don't have the manpower, then you can't do it. Being able to be closer to a spot to control it w/ men is what I envision TC as... not to control it with a structure. That's back to wall days.

Goremor

Feb 20, 2021
During the game, you can destroy enemy houses, kill players. It will also be possible to breed horses. I think this will not be a problem. Maybe only at the start of the server.

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
I believe that is his point. At launch it is going to be a problem, especially if they lower spawn rates of creatures as SV hinted.

We can't destroy the houses right now, so giefers are gonna grief.

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
The idea to allow housing at launch with no way to destroy them is going to be a disaster for sure. I can already see trolls griefing rare creature spawns by spamming house on them.

Last edited: