Keep wall stairs.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
So there is no point to having two gates and courtyards if right next to the first gate in the first courtyards you have two stairs that get you ontop of the walls. And those walls attach to the other walls around the keep with stairs to get to the innder courtyard with the keep.

Its good for us who are raiding keeps but is bad if you want to make the inner courtyardpublic since it allows acces to the walls and all of the keep. Really need to add doors and towers to those outside stairs with maybe lower HP on those doors so its a target for attackers to go for in raids.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
It's also weird that there really isn't any defense with the first courtyard layer, you just go through the wall closest to the keep. Better yet, launch boulders over the walls directly at the keep. Strange mechanics.

correct me if im wrong but i remember catapults and trebs needing to be a certain distance away from the walls for the arc of the boulder to work.
i havent seen every keep spot, but the ones that i did see made it look like there isnt much space on the side and back. Either from cliffs, or water, etc.

Could this be intended to force sieges (or at least the big siege weapons) only from the front?

then again it could be totally irrelevant if they change how catapults or trebs work. They could be remade with a tiny arc that doesnt make it over walls. I guess we just have to wait and see.

Last edited:

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
I do not think it really makes much of a different in terms of sieging. No one will ever siege the front of the Castle area. Since the back area also only has a single wall.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I do not think it really makes much of a different in terms of sieging. No one will ever siege the front of the Castle area. Since the back area also only has a single wall.
Its mainly so keep owners can open up the central courtyard for other people like a mini town while leaving the keep part of the castle isolated from the public.

foe

Oct 26, 2021
agreed, 1st section of castles should have no stairway and be an airlock and the keep section of the castle should have 4 stairways on each corner to the ramparts.