June Ban Report

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
If you do nothing wrong, you will be fine.

haha. I could see myself killing a stuck boss, prol done it before. In fact, loool, my friend and I fuckin attacked the giant akrep and it got stuck on a line and couldn't die GFG. :eek: But in no uncertain terms, if someone finds out a true dupe and repeats it, especially multiple times... to the tune of mats that have value or gold, they should be absolutely GONE. That's just not a normal mindset. I know I talked w/ Smasher that people change, yea maybe they do, let them change in a diff game.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
As one of the leaders of the Northern Bank that provides financial services for all the community what exactly am I supposed to do here? Stop playing? Implement KYC regulations in Mortal Online?

Know who you are doing business with. Guilds/individuals known to cheat and exploit are probably to be avoided. Ask around, people talk. Reputation is worth more than gold in this game. Random unguilded nobodies with heaps of gold are very suspect. People willing to pay exorbitant fees for no real reason have probably duped. In the end, if you touch enough money, you will touch duped money sooner or later. If its removed, its the cost of doing business.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Know who you are doing business with. Guilds/individuals known to cheat and exploit are probably to be avoided. Ask around, people talk. Reputation is worth more than gold in this game. Random unguilded nobodies with heaps of gold are very suspect. People willing to pay exorbitant fees for no real reason have probably duped. In the end, if you touch enough money, you will touch duped money sooner or later. If its removed, its the cost of doing business.

Sell thru broker. BONGGG.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
The Northern Bank offers services that are beyond simple buying and selling e. g. transfering money from one town to another for a fee.

could still tech do that thru broker, but what I'm saying is basically not doing anything about duped gold, it's just basically laundering it haha. Assuming MO works that way and it doesn't give you the SAME GOLD. I'm assuming it takes the gold and gives out new gold, but maybe I'm trippin!

It'd be a big grabazz tho. I imagine w/ a little 'sandbox creativity' you could run most things thru the broker. Then at least the duped gold would not be on your hands. If it's only intake, I mean you know your own gold is not duped... hopefully? :eek:

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia

Yeah, we're not doing KYC and AML for a game.

The Northern Bank offers services that are beyond simple buying and selling e. g. transfering money from one town to another for a fee.

This, thanks. The Northern Bank is not a trading guild, it is a financial services guild (money transfers, loans, escrow, etc) so obviously a bad actor could try to clean their illicit cash trough us. This is entirely possible because well (brace yourselves, this will be shocking) , we tend to not assume our customers are crooks.

All that said Robmo says they can go trough logs and determine who really is at fault without impacting the services we provide so I'll take him at his word. If it changes well then guess our part in the sandbox dies.

Last edited:
Reactions: Najwalaylah