JohnOldman's Trinket Research

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
The event robmo had where they spawned bosses gave a lot of ogh rings :)

RobMO is the secret supervillain of MO.

They should start making more events w/ RobMO where he is boosted, maybe w/ some homies, and he can talk shit about all the players who talk shit about him on the forum and fight them and then when he dies he drops a big pinata lootbag of rando stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
Basically legacy trinkets have higher secondary stats then what a adamant gem can ever have. Meaning they have to rework part of the trinket system to be able to fit the cuprum pre patch trinkets into existing tiers combinations. Either way I think pre patch trinkets should be COMPLETELY removed and not changed into adamant tier trinkets because of hard they are to get compared to cuprum red coral etc.

Also the reason why you don't have cuprum with topaz+ is because it is impossible to exist according to the game files.
Not a discussion about pre patch trinkets.

JohnOldman

Jan 6, 2022
1657832614080.png

I rolled This during a service today with 16% STL on, crazy how high can single mods get on golden amulets, i wonder how much can Skadite or Oghmium reach

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 44

Interesting information but I'm not sure your information about cuprum amulets is correct. I have a +11 cuprum amulet that I'm pretty sure is post patch.
EDIT
I have been unable to reroll past +9

EDIT
I also don't think there is a max % restriction. From what I've seen through testing is that you can have one critical roll on the primary and/or secondary and then you will get normal range rolls on the remaining primary or secondary rolls.

For example
1657847395074.png

Each type of bonus also has it's own critical range. For example. Free armor weight on an amethyst can roll 4~6% with the critical roll being 6%. I have been unable to get more than one critical roll per primary or secondary category.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnOldman

Jan 6, 2022
Interesting information but I'm not sure your information about cuprum amulets is correct. I have a +11 cuprum amulet that I'm pretty sure is post patch.
EDIT
I have been unable to reroll past +9

EDIT
I also don't think there is a max % restriction. From what I've seen through testing is that you can have one critical roll on the primary and/or secondary and then you will get normal range rolls on the remaining primary or secondary rolls.

For example
View attachment 4608

Each type of bonus also has it's own critical range. For example. Free armor weight on an amethyst can roll 4~6% with the critical roll being 6%. I have been unable to get more than one critical roll per primary or secondary category.

If You can ever go past +9 on a cuprum amulet let me know.

That example matches my data 100% you may be confused sometimes because of stats like free armor weight have multipliers, if i roll 3% armor weight it will get multiplied by 2 and i will have 6% on the amulet but i will still only have 2% left on the other mod at most if we are talking about an amethyst gem.

Last edited:

neksudm

Mar 13, 2022
Don't know what this means, just a contribution on your research. I have non-legacy(fished by myself) cuprum-corall amulet with +5 Beast Mastery and +5% free armor weight. After the patch it turns to +3% free armor weight. No re-rolls or charges happened, stats just have changed.

JohnOldman

Jan 6, 2022
Don't know what this means, just a contribution on your research. I have non-legacy(fished by myself) cuprum-corall amulet with +5 Beast Mastery and +5% free armor weight. After the patch it turns to +3% free armor weight. No re-rolls or charges happened, stats just have changed.

ive heard a few more reports like this one idk why this happened however.

Why did they change the post from player guides to general forums i wonder, i think it does fit more on guides but whatever.

Last edited:
Reactions: Najwalaylah

Angelo

May 28, 2020
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
ive heard a few more reports like this one idk why this happened however.

Why did they changed the post from player guides to general forums i wonder, i think it does fit more on guides but whatever.
They did it also with my thread "Fish Encyclopedia". I thought it's more like a guide then general discussion. But yeah, whatever.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Balvrikk

Jun 30, 2020
They did it also with my thread "Fish Encyclopedia". I thought it's more like a guide then general discussion. But yeah, whatever.
Yeah fishing was swapped a couple weeks ago I think. Thought it was odd

Avalanche

Jun 2, 2022
what about "+ X% Loot Amount", how does it work in general? will it be just +X% in to any quantity i have to get, like 100 drops = 100*1,X%?

D

Deleted member 44

what about "+ X% Loot Amount", how does it work in general? will it be just +X% in to any quantity i have to get, like 100 drops = 100*1,X%?
Loot amount increases the quantity of a dropped resource. For example if you kill a Risar and it normally drops 100 Pig Iron and you equip loot amount, you would get more than 100 Pig Iron for that kill.

Yucko

Jan 2, 2021
Do we know if the drop is affected by who killed the mob or who loots the mob first?

JohnOldman

Jan 6, 2022
Do we know if the drop is affected by who killed the mob or who loots the mob first?
the one that did the last hit, from finishing a mob you didn't touch with a zero damage punch to bypasing mercy mode with a two hand mace or a mental projectile

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
RobMO is the secret supervillain of MO.

They should start making more events w/ RobMO where he is boosted, maybe w/ some homies, and he can talk shit about all the players who talk shit about him on the forum and fight them and then when he dies he drops a big pinata lootbag of rando stuff.
.... and then, you woke up.

Be careful what you ask for, even as a joke.

They might do this, and then declare that they've used upt the time / money & creativity for further events, plus didn't like the outcome, and that would (reasonably) be the last we'd get.

JohnOldman

Jan 6, 2022
i did update the basics as some people had a hard time understanding what i meant, i hope i got it a bit more clear this time.

Loot Luck will increase your chances of getting anything in the loot table of the NPCs you last hit on mercy mode, so the more loot luck the more trinkets you will loot of the bodies of the stuff you are farming
Rare Trinket Gem Luck will give you a chance to upgrade the gem tier of trinkets given by NPCs you last hit on mercy mode, only once when they drop, this stat has not any effect when identifying or rolling the trinkets.

This means that Loot Luck and Rare Trinket Gem luck scale of each other, the flat base numbers are obviously unknown to me, but lets set this made up napkin math example: you need to kill 1000 mobs to get 100 trinkets and of a 100 trinkets you get one with topaz on average. with 20% loot luck you will get 100 trinkets in 834kills witch gives you one with a topaz on average while with 20% gem luck you will get a topaz trinket on 83.4 trinkets witch also takes 834 kills, but if you have 10% on each to get a topaz trinket you need 91 trinkets and to get those you need 827 kills, so as you can see 10/10 is better than 20/0 or 0/20 here, this being said i still get the felling feeling that Gem luck performs better than loot luck and i would take +9/+5 over +18/0, either way if you plan to farm trinkets in the long run or you are the one doing the last hit on your guild raids and you see yourself playing this game in the long run you should aim to have 18/18 asap, it makes quite the difference as i think that my napkin example is the worst case scenario, these stats may be stronger than i think.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zulpitcher

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Just gonna state the obvious.

It would be better if the devs just released actual information about game mechanics instead of being lazy horrible developers that use hilarious excuses.

After buying this game it is absolutely no mystery as to why it is hardly growing despite not being terrible. Game literally dies due to the devs not giving an actual fuck about the player base or how the game is experienced as a whole.

Thank you for doing "research" that really should not be needed it is only needed due to the developers being disgusting lazy sobs.

You can try to argue me on this but the fact that your thread is from July... and has like no traffic... kind of shows how absolutely dead the game is.

The server to run this game is so cheap the average person could most likely afford it no sweat...
It can't be because discord have basically made forums completely obsolete.

No it must be because the guy going around telling people to kill themselves is saying the game is dead.

Just because you need to be spoonfed literally everything to even be a functional player says more about you than it says about anyone else. Get bent.

JohnOldman

Jan 6, 2022
New discovery:
1664721917766.png

For the longest time i though 5 raw total stat points was the cap on gold metal, but after thousands of gold rolls overall i stumbled upon this one today, 6 raw total stat points, now i wonder if this could always happen but it is super hard to achieve or if they did change something on the last patch. Either way the only possible combination of 6 total raw can only be +4 +1 +1, you first roll the stats then you pick the values, if one of them high roll to the cap the rest are set to the minimum amount, otherwise i would have seen +4 +2 or +3 +3 already.

Reactions: Xunila