Issues with the MO2 map

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
This may be a little of a rant...

The entire map was rebuilt in MO2 basically. Yet, it seems its basically the MO1 map layout made 6x larger with extra hills, ponds, trees, etc. I know there is stuff they haven't added yet of course...but I mainly want to talk about the towns and tools.

So first off. TOXAI. They had the potential to make that a really cool town and much more accessible than it was in MO1. In my opinion, if they dropped it down South more it would have been a pretty awesome place and much more used. Sadly its probably too late to even think about doing... but something like this...
1619064967470.png

Secondly, I wanna talk about the resource and tool balance. Just as with MO1...the Northern towns are just simply superior to southern towns. The North has Attractors, Crushers, Furnaces, the Greater Natorus, The Blast Furnace, Tephra, Risars, Minotaur Dungeon, etc. The South has the jungle which has scales, alchemy materials, the Sator Dungeon, andddd I'm sure a couple other things. The main difference here is that the southern resources are more of a "lets go down South and make a day out of farming scales and bring them back to our town and not have to come back here for a few months". Same with the Sator Dungeon...you made a guild event out of it and thats it. So I guess I just think the balance of resources and the need to want to actually live and fight down South isn't really appealing. I'm sure some people can come up with reasons on why they prefer the South over the North and there are probably some things I'm leaving out...feel free to add. But there is a reason all the PvP guilds have always fought over the North.

Again, I want to say I realize they haven't added everything and they may have plans to balance things out, but I wanted to talk about how things are currently (which is basically the exact same as MO1 was for 10 years).

Lastly...why does a kiln even exist? Its just a worse version of a furnace. Does anyone happen to know exactly how much worse it is? If not I can test it. Anyway thats really all...what do you guys think? Fine with the way things are?

Last edited:

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Both the kiln and the Grizzly only have 1 thing they are best for, for the kiln it is turning Magmum into Maalite, and I can't remember on the grizzly.

With each account only having 1 character nd with the added distances between towns, I foresee most of the population being centered in the towns that have all of the extraction devices and the others being as or more abandoned than they were in MO1.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Grizzly and Kiln suck. Every town should have a crusher and furnace. No town would not have them, its a necessity to extraction.

Reactions: Rhias and Rorry

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Very good comments about Toxai and the South! I will live in the south and I'm happy to get less contract to other players than in the North, like Saducaa in MO1. But this is fine for a PvE orientated player like me, not for a PvP player.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Also remember the old walled village "Myrmopolis"? Where is that? Was a really cool thing way out in the middle of nowhere on the East side.

Southeast really needs more love and attention. Maybe keep Toxai where it is and just build us a new wealthy NPC town (similar to Fab). There is plenty of room...