INT is for Sure Broken Currently

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
1614747121061.png

Pretty sure the only useful thing I found in that test is how much random variance I can expect testing the same dataset four times. Based on these tests the only major conclusion I can draw is that I should up the tests to 25 casts or more when I have a dataset worth testing.

We know it's broken for mana. We now know it doesn't work for damage either. At least not properly or consistently.

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
I don't believe Int ever scaled damage and healing linearly, but i might be misremembering at this point. I feel like there was more of a threshold above 110 int or something where you got boosted values. Something like that anyways

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
It would be nice if they added a stat similar to damage bonus for melee to make this a bit more clear. This is a rather lengthy testing process even as quick and sloppily as I'm doing it. I'll wait to re-run these tests until after mana appears to be functioning as the most logical assumption at this point is int and psyche are currently entirely non-functional.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
lol that means under 100 int it doesnt matter if someone has 60int or 90 or 70 WTF
thats seems broken like hell.

atleast it looks liek broken, interresting design choice of star vault here. I wonder why they did this there must be a reason behind.
And if any i would really like to know.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Apparently the point of these anti-diminishing returns is to make hybrids more viable. Funnily enough when I suggested diminishing returns (Either investing more attribute points to raise stats the higher they get or stat payoffs getting smaller the higher you get) the main problem people had with it is "everyone would play a hybrid".

Apparently, this is ported over from MO1 so it looks like if they did diminishing returns on all stats and made all stats relevant to all builds... it would nerf and buff hybrids at the same time. While REALLY helping the racial imbalance problems.

Last edited:

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
They did that at some point in MO1, to make high Int more powerful and hybrids weaker. Non-linear curves like that are always kind of weird. You really can't balance non-linearity. And all it does is add even more incentive to min-max pushing people towards cookie-cutter builds.
Also how is Int broken for Mana? Works fine for me. Outside of the UI being capped at 100 Mana.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
While under 100 always worked like this.

Over 100 doesn’t seem to be working at the moment for damage spells . Unless maybe you go all the way to 138 int.

Pretty disappointing