Improve Grass/Shadow performance

[AF]Tyrone

Dec 17, 2020
SPECS: Gtx 970, i7-4970k, 16GB ram

Settings: Extreme low, DLLS xTREME PERFORMANCE

I have 120 FPS in in all of the towns and areas without grass, but when I look in the cardinal direction of grass heavy areas my FPS will crash down to 15 or so. Once I go into the grassy area and stand around for a bit my FPS goes back to what it was.

If I go back into town and look at the grass' cardinal direction then will crash back down to 15 or so.

Yes my graphics card should be better. But no, 15 FPS is not right for the card I have.

SV needs to improve the performance of these grass and shadow textures or add an option to completely disable them.

Signed,

Affluent - Tyrone

Ministro

Dec 3, 2020
I have a GTX 1060, and the main difference between them is you have a bit more computation, and I have a bit more VRAM. IIRC from my tests, MO2 was using 5GB of VRAM to run, and it sounds as if your fps problem is coming from memory swapping, esp if it goes back up when you go into a grassy area, and the city textures get replaced by the grassy ones. If you are on miminum textures and minimum foliage, not sure what else you can do.

Also, I don't think DLSS works on GTX cards anyway. They don't have the chip for it. You need an RTX card to take advantage of DLSS, IIRC.

[AF]Tyrone

Dec 17, 2020
Interesting, SV should update your minimum settings requirements on the steam. Good to know about the DLSS thing.

I wonder what % of consumers have 5gb or more of vram