IMMEDIATE FEEDBACK on ARMOR! Update Armor Tiers before game release! A MUST READ to the serious player!!

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
My Argument as well as what others have said today in chat.
Currently in game there is little incentive to even bother trying to get Metal armors ie; Steel, Tung, Cronite ect.

Here is why: You can just get a ton of Ironbone and have armor that is just a few points weaker then Steel. Want Ironbone? Go kill a Pig :) Want Steel? Go Farm for a few days. Where is the logic in that? Tungsteel is only 1-2 points better then steel (Depends on who you
ask, i got a lot of mixed responses to that question) And Cronite is a few resist equaling 1 point of damage resist better then tung is what people claimed wtf? (Go Pat yourself on the back if you farmed for weeks for cronite and got a few defense points better then ironbone, WHAT A JOKE LOL)

Edit: Found a video showing Steel vs TungSteel sadly it truly is just a few points defense difference... We really do need higher tier armors to be better then this haha. Parries aside, the armor difference might not even be more then 1 hit difference in total Hp damage if even that....

If the above statements are true, which players claim video's on youtube back these statements up. Then ask yourself why in the holy fuck, am i, you or anyone going to spend days, weeks, months (Depending on materials farmed for length of time) farming something that has little time vs reward to it. If the current process continues then are we to imagine Oghmium armor is going to be the same only 5 points better then Ironbone? You are shitting me right? Why has no one else talked about this until now wtf.

The argument armor is already great in this game because: Someone saw a pro vs a pro battle and 1 person had Ironbone and the other had Tung and the tung guy won by a solid mile... Just doesn't work...You have like what 10 pros in this game? And the game is claiming to cater towards 500k people according to their Content creator program. To defeat that argument further Ironbone is easy to get and Tung takes awhile. So why would anyone be shocked by that outcome? Tung should certainly be better, infact if it's barely better then ironbone it should be even better then what it already is, for obvious reasons.

In Other MMOS, you can always go to the main city and see those max level bad ass players with the best shiny armor and other cool stuff. It makes playing fun and exciting and gives you a incentive to chase the same dream. In Mortal you will see Ironbone and some more ironbone.

Mortal is supposed to be a HardCore PVP game. If i want to murder your ass, i am doing it because you have that new shiny armor that everyone is talking about. In Mo1 it was worth a Murder Count for Steel, Tungsteel, Cronite, Oghmium. In Mo2 you rarely see these things. So why would i waste my time trying to kill you? Why risk what i am carrying or the attention of other players or the guards? I can just go kill a Pig to get Ironbone, i don't need to waste my time on you getting your ironbone. You ever played Runescape and risked a few billion gold? That is excitement. Risking my Pig Armor for your pig armor is a joke to me and any serious pvper. I want to feel rewarded for my kill, for the time and skill it took to destroy you. The current state of the game doesn't give that feeling and is why i need to give feedback. If something isn't done to help crafters and miners do what they love to do then pvp is going to be less exciting. I want this game to succeed, please understand from a pvpers point of view we want to kill for good items, so Star Vault do something to make those items more obtainable or more valuable for defenses. Half the Draw of this game is being able to kill anyone anywhere so make it exciting.

THE EYE OPENER! THE ICING ON THE DAMN CAKE! READ THIS!! Extra points: In Mo1 there was a lot of ingenious players who would even build houses in the side of mountains near spawn points of rare resources in order to get those materials that were worth value and bank them easier and in time get more expensive things. There was a Material in Mo1 called Oghmium it took a very long time to get, and was expensive as all hell, but it was worth all that time and effort to get and rewarded you for the effort it took in the defenses it gave! Those players who were good at the game had this armor. This is all pretty cool and part of the strategy of the elite players of mortal. Now imagine going through all that Planning... Plotting... Strategizing, weeks, months of play, maybe even years of play. And at the end of your journey the best for you as a player wearing heavy armor is Crap armor that is barely better then the armor you had when you started and killed a pig. Do you get it now? Do you finally understand why the current armor system is flawed? Do you see why changes need to be made to make high tiered armor better then what it currently is?

HOW TO FIX IT? SOLUTION1: A ARMOR TIER LIST! THIS IS JUST A IDEA I HAVE! THE MATH HERE IS JUST A EXAMPLE THE POINT I WANT TO GET ACROSS WITH THIS TIER LIST IS THAT ARMOR MATERIALS SHOULD BE DIFFERENT WITH THE BETTER MATERIALS BEING BETTER THEN WHAT THEY ARE! ROUGH EXAMPLES: >>>TIER C:<<< "SCALES AND BONE TISSUE ARMORS" +10-35 defenses depending on material used (Pansar, Cosmoid, Plate scales on the higher defense end with Keeled and Horned scales towards the weaker end). >>>TIER B:<<< "ANIMAL MATERIALS" Emalj,Incisium, Molarium, Ironbone +40-50 defenses

>>>TIER A:<<< "METAL ARMORS" Steel +75 defense, TungSteel+ 100 defense, Cronite+135 Defense, Oghmium+200 defense

SOLUTION2: Increase the amount of ores gained from mining. (Remember this game is supposed to be hardcore.... Nothing hardcore about this idea, BUT AT LEAST then players who want to use end game items can farm it faster) Like fuck Kill a Pig which takes 2 seconds SHOULD Never equal the time and effort it takes to get Metal Armors nothing more needs said about that. Anyone who thinks the current Ironbone situation is normal doesn't understand the amount of time it takes to get anything better.

Final thoughts: If SV decides to Nerf Ironbone drop rates that isn't a solution to fix this. End of the day they could nerf it 100 times over and getting steel,tung,cronite, ogh would still take 1000 times longer then it does to get 10k ironbone. They need to BUFF Metal Armors that is the solution. I understand in beta we get faster materials, that isn't the point. Ironbone and animal materials will still be easier to get upon release and even if everything was just as easy to get Metal armors should be better or there is practically no point having them at all 3 extra defense? 4 extra defense? Think about how dumb that sounds.

Last edited:

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Message to Players! Sometimes the Developers See these Post! Don't Forget to Comment your thoughts so that the Developers see what needs improved! Make the game better by commenting Feedback! If you agree with me then comment in the post!

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
Agreed though I don't think it needs to be drastically changed. For one, it makes no sense in the first place that any "Bone" material can be forged into plate??? Bone isn't malleable and would break down into dust if someone even tried to. I get this is a fantasy game but really? The only application of bone being used as armor realistically, would be to actually string various pieces of bone together:

1627099596786.png1627099620519.png1627099628323.png1627099678294.png

Plate should be restricted to alloys and make "Bone" or "Animal material" armor crafting tier with proper aesthetics and it's own usage in the light-mid armor tier.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Ironbone and Incisium armor doesn't need a nerf. Emalj and Bone Tissue does yes.

The issue is that metal armor is too heavy for anyone to wear it. People would rather have 40ish defensive values and full stamina regen than 60-ish defensive values and risk stamming out at the worst possible moment. Is Steel armor too heavy? Are the Armor Training skills giving too little return for investment?

The good armor should be made better if it's not good enough for anyone to go through the trouble or to take the downsides that come with it.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Agreed though I don't think it needs to be drastically changed. For one, it makes no sense in the first place that any "Bone" material can be forged into plate??? Bone isn't malleable and would break down into dust if someone even tried to. I get this is a fantasy game but really? The only application of bone being used as armor realistically, would be to actually string various pieces of bone together:

View attachment 1911View attachment 1912View attachment 1913View attachment 1915

Plate should be restricted to alloys and make "Bone" or "Animal material" armor crafting tier with proper aesthetics and it's own usage in the light-mid armor tier.
Yes exactly, that is another thing with the current crafting system it makes no sense it severely limits the player in the type of things they can make when only Plate can use Bone. Every armor should use every material, the armors themselves were supposed to be what had been designed to offer different protections as Draconic Armatus offered highest Pierce so you crafted it if you wanted that with whatever other material you wanted.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020

View attachment 1911View attachment 1912View attachment 1913View attachment 1915

But metal armors do indeed need a huge buff to get that end game bad ass feeling as well as make farming them worth the time.

Reactions: Jaquin

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Ironbone and Incisium armor doesn't need a nerf. Emalj and Bone Tissue does yes.

The issue is that metal armor is too heavy for anyone to wear it. People would rather have 40ish defensive values and full stamina regen than 60-ish defensive values and risk stamming out at the worst possible moment. Is Steel armor too heavy? Are the Armor Training skills giving too little return for investment?

The good armor should be made better if it's not good enough for anyone to go through the trouble or to take the downsides that come with it.
From todays Pvp battle i specifically saw players fighting in Fabernum in bank about who was the best pvper and then they all agreed to take it outside and battle. "The Best" every single one of them all used Bonetissue and Ironbone. It was embarrassing and frankly i didn't see it worth my time battling over Ironbone as i enjoy battling for gain. And the Bone tissue and ironbone is not worth anything. When i questioned why no one brought any good armor. Their responses was all the same, "Takes too long to get Steel or anything better then steel, we would rather rock Ironbone as it's just a few points less defense" A huge debate in Help chat erupted and i knew then and there i had to make a post about it. If no one sees the point of using steel over ironbone.... then that is a big problem for end game. Hell Tung and cronite is shit right now too since it is barely stronger then ironbone as well. And if Stamina usage is a big issue as well then i agree with you other changes need made to fix that. I saw Jourdain vs Knightrider it was a Parry Fest, and Stamina is a big deal. I'm just frustrated that the current state of the game is Ironbone vs Ironbone that was a eye opener to me.

• Haha
Reactions: Bicorps

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020

Also my main thing i want to get across is i believe Metal Armors need buffed. Nerfs are a good way of game balance, but in the case of Metal armor being barely better then Ironbone, make no mistake i can't envision a end game where Metal armors are only a few defense points better then Ironbone which ironbone takes a few seconds to get off a pig. That is mental, Metal should feel much stronger then Ironbone MUCH MUCH stronger.

PatWins

May 28, 2020
Bone and emalj are too powerful for how easy they are to acquire. Ironbone is 2-3 times easier to acquire than mol but is pretty much the same stats. All metals have too many drawbacks and lack the protection to make up for it.

Acquiring gear just doesn’t feel rewarding right now. Everything is trash from an armor perspective. Either I already have 30 ironbone sets so I toss all bone or I loot metal armor that’s too heavy and will get me killed so I don’t use it either.

Oh, also a 5 silver emalj mallet can hit steel for 40 damage. Gear needs a full tier rebalance. I miss having the desire to create better gear and satisfaction when I loot it

There is nothing to earn or work towards. Hope there are plenty of important gold sinks and exciting things to grind come persistence.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
From todays Pvp battle i specifically saw players fighting in Fabernum in bank about who was the best pvper and then they all agreed to take it outside and battle. "The Best" every single one of them all used Bonetissue and Ironbone. It was embarrassing and frankly i didn't see it worth my time battling over Ironbone as i enjoy battling for gain. And the Bone tissue and ironbone is not worth anything. When i questioned why no one brought any good armor. Their responses was all the same, "Takes too long to get Steel or anything better then steel, we would rather rock Ironbone as it's just a few points less defense" A huge debate in Help chat erupted and i knew then and there i had to make a post about it. If no one sees the point of using steel over ironbone.... then that is a big problem for end game. Hell Tung and cronite is shit right now too since it is barely stronger then ironbone as well. And if Stamina usage is a big issue as well then i agree with you other changes need made to fix that. I saw Jourdain vs Knightrider it was a Parry Fest, and Stamina is a big deal. I'm just frustrated that the current state of the game is Ironbone vs Ironbone that was a eye opener to me.
It doesn't take that long to get Steel. I have tons of it I am not even using outside of maybe 1 single armor piece occasionally. Cranking out a stack of Steel in a day would be trivial. But I'm never going to use it much simply because I'm not going to screw my Stamina. When you're winning a team fight and the enemy side starts to peel out and run, it sucks hardcore to not be able to catch them because you're wearing too much armor to do so.

The scenarios can keep on going but balancing this game's armor around duelists who are too lazy to farm or too afraid to lose something valuable is nonsense.

Reactions: Moored

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Oh, also a 5 silver emalj mallet can hit steel for 40 damage. Gear needs a fill tier rebalance. I miss having the desire to create better gear and satisfaction when I loot it
This is a severe issue also. Emalj mauls and pole weapons do absolutely stupid amounts of damage for a trash pig weapon that took all of 30 seconds to farm. Bone Tissue and Emalj across the board is just dumb.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Bone and emalj are too powerful for how easy they are to acquire. Ironbone is 2-3 times easier to acquire than mol but is pretty much the same stats. All metals have too many drawbacks and lack the protection to make up for it.

Acquiring gear just doesn’t feel rewarding right now. Everything is trash from an armor perspective. Either I already have 30 ironbone sets so I toss all bone or I loot metal armor that’s too heavy and will get me killed so I don’t use it either.

Oh, also a 5 silver emalj mallet can hit steel for 40 damage. Gear needs a fill tier rebalance. I miss having the desire to create better gear and satisfaction when I loot it

There is nothing to earn or work towards. Hope there are plenty of important gold sinks and exciting things to grind for come persistence.
Finally Yes you fully understand where i am coming from. The seriousness of the current situation is there is no reward no nothing for gold sinks. You hit every point, a MMO especially one claiming to be the MOST HARDCORE NEEEEEDS a End game that is SATISFYING. And if this isn't addressed then we could see a Mo2 persistence release where the current state of the game of Metal Armor being not worth it becomes normal. No one, No one serious Pvper wants a Game where we risk nothing and gain nothing. That isn't fun, or exciting or competitive. It doesn't even give a casual noob something to look forward to.

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
This is a severe issue also. Emalj mauls and pole weapons do absolutely stupid amounts of damage for a trash pig weapon that took all of 30 seconds to farm. Bone Tissue and Emalj across the board is just dumb.

Spot on. I would rather they address the issue at it's core (e.g. the ease of access to emalji) then to buff everything else. Bone materials should be considered weak, easy access gear that is good as a throw away set but doesn't pack much protection or a punch.

Reactions: PoisonArrows

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Omg wth 40 damage to Steel with Pig Weapon. We need some game balance.

PatWins

May 28, 2020
Yeah emalj and tissue either need to take long enough to acquire so they’re not worth farming over the higher tiers or be straight up nerfed.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Spot on. I would rather they address the issue at it's core (e.g. the ease of access to emalji) then to buff everything else. Bone materials should be considered weak, easy access gear that is good as a throw away set but doesn't pack much protection or a punch.
You are enforcing my point as well. But keep in mind that just nerfing how easy Emalji is to get won't stop how easy it is to get. Pigs are everywhere and people can still get a ton of Emalji no matter what happens. Metal Armors need buffed. Current state of game you only take a few less damage from the best metal armors in the game. End game armor shouldn't be just a sliver better then Pig Armor. Current State of the game doesn't even make Steel armor or Tung or Cronite 1 Hit Stronger then Ironbone if your opponent sat there and let you hit them you'd die the same amount of time.

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
Yeah emalj and tissue either need to take long enough to acquire so they’re not worth farming over the higher tiers or be straight up nerfed.

Nerf. We already have long to acquire and build items, and that is the alloys.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
All pig weapons would need to deal 10 less damage for it to make any reasonable difference. But i think when looking at Weapons they deal a tremendous amount of damage for different tiered weapons. But when you look at the Armor in the game that is where things become even worse.... 4 points of defense damage from Ironbone to Tungsteel armor....

Reactions: PatWins

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
I support just nerfing them. Flakestone is readily accessible anywhere to just about anyone for cheap throwaway weapons. The current state of Emalj is the cause of a lot of problems.

Reactions: PatWins

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Nerf. We already have long to acquire and build items, and that is the alloys.
The weapons are a problem but the other side of the same coin is these pig weapons hitting Metal armors for high damage meaning the armors aren't as great at balancing that damage.