How to make Taverns a useful place.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Taverns are used from Roleplayers and need to be the only safe Places in Nave. A safe Place in Nave would be a bit against the Idea of a World with no safe Places, but every Hardcore Game have such a place and it is needed.

Before players will critisize that idea, try to read the following suggestion, and let me explain why this would be important, and how to prevent that this mechanic could be abused.

I think we should be able to interact with furniture, to be able to sit down.
If you sit down you should not be able to be pushed arround.

This is important, becuase SV announced Gamebel, Cube and Board games. If you sit down in the Tavern and play a minigame, you should not be able to get earthquaked or pushed arround.

A steamer told in his stream that every Town need 1 save place, and i agree on that.

We need an NPC outside the Tavern, which take away everyones weapon and Spellbook and give it back to you, if leave the Tavern, so this place can be used to play those Minigames.

Solution 2 would be a 3 Minute Timer should in the Tavern that run down. During that time you should still be able to get attacked. When the timer runs out you should not be able to be pushed or damaged, but loose the ability to trade with other Players, so you can´t trade Bolders or so.

The Streamer told his viewers, that is is a bad mechanic to be forced to log out, if you have to go to toilet, take a walk with the Dog or want to watch a Video or Guide on Youtube.

He said that if players are forced to log out, they might not restart the game afterwards. If they would not have to log out, they might have continiued to play the game for another 1-2 Hours. I think he is true on that. This is a bad mechanic.

Starvault have to do something with the Taverns, so we can play Gambel Games, as soon as they get released.

I would like to see someting such as Cube Poker from the Witcher. It was an easy to understand Cube Game and much fun.

I think this change is important, especially if SV would consider to add music instruments aswell. I have seen this recommendation in the forum quite some times. We not need Grifers in the only Building, that is used from Roleplayers. Every other Palce should be dangerous.

Last edited:

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Taverns could be like houses to allow faster logout in e.g. ten seconds. While houses are for house owners or registered guests only, players could place a tavern next to their house as open place. In MO1 the inn had three NPC slots and a fire place for faster regeneration. Please implement the same in MO2. Players would place a utility vendor and other vendors in the tavern.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Another idea would be an NPC outside the Tavern, which take away everyones weapon and Spellbook and give it back to you, if leave the Tavern, so this place can be used to play those Minigames.

Truthshower

Mar 4, 2021
yeah so if I'm getting griefed I just run into the tavern

or im a griefer and just run in to avoid vigilante justice

or maybe when im at war with a guild ill just run into the tavern to avoid the fight

or in a red town i just run into the tavern when I don't want to die

like adding safeplaces then adding mechanics to mitigate abusing them just sounds funny, how about no safe zones like currently?

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Why not. He have to come out one day.

i totally share the vision of a dangerous world but there need to be at least one place for Roleplayers. Where they can make music. Sit down and make a Gambling or Roleplayevent.

This can´t be abused if there is a 3 Minute timer, in which a player can be attacked till he get immune, but i would find it better, if there is an NPC infront of the Tavern, that you have to give you Spellbook and weapon, before you can enter it, becuase it would be more realistic. It would not be against the Vision at all.

A player can also log out in the Tavern faster. If you log out faster or if there is a timer till you can´t get damage makes no difference. I would prefer if players would not be forced to log out, if they go afk for a moment, or what to watch a guide.

If this should be possible in a lawless town is a different Question. A grey Grifer can´t escape in the Tavern, if it have guards inside, which would kill him.

The second possebility would be to make a tavern in the nobe district, in which only Plyers with righ reputation could enter. But this would restict this minigames to Grifers. They would not be able to gambel. Is this the better solution ?

If you are stucked into a minigame you should not be able to get attacked, or get interrupted.

You shoud rather be consired about the falgging system, insted of not
indulge the roleplayers to have a place where they can roleplay.

A good game need to be a home for PVP Players, Roleplayers, Adventurers, Crafters and Gamblers. Anti RPK Players and Bandits.
Only if this is the case the game will
become successful

Also the grifers need a safezone. I don´t like if the guards follow inside the water.

Last edited:

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Make it so that the moment you enter the tavern your Can Turn Criminal option gets temporarily turned off, and only turns back on when you leave if you had it on in the first place.

When you're seated down on the tavern chairs you cannot be pushed.

Put a few overpowered lictors inside the tavern that will take care of any criminal actions. In lawless towns, the lictors will punish all aggressive actions regardless of the social flag.

Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Make it so that the moment you enter the tavern your Can Turn Criminal option gets temporarily turned off, and only turns back on when you leave if you had it on in the first place.

When you're seated down on the tavern chairs you cannot be pushed.

Put a few overpowered lictors inside the tavern that will take care of any criminal actions.

i think this option need to be removed. It cause blue players to hit everyone in town with a sword, to see if there is a red player in town. There need to be another way.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

AnabolicRage

Aug 31, 2020
I never played Star Wars Galaxies but I do know it was common for players to be bards in game. Basically you could learn instruments and players themselves would be playing in taverns, Also receive tips. That would be a sick thing to implement in game. Would be cool to walk in a tavern and have a player singing in game or a group of guys playing instruments.

Silenko

Jun 18, 2020
Benidorm. Spain
I never played Star Wars Galaxies but I do know it was common for players to be bards in game. Basically you could learn instruments and players themselves would be playing in taverns, Also receive tips. That would be a sick thing to implement in game. Would be cool to walk in a tavern and have a player singing in game or a group of guys playing instruments.

You can sing, just use voice chat.

BongRips

Jun 15, 2020
I played a game called xenimus growing up. Really fast paced pvp full loot etc. It had about the same amount of active people as MO has. Every town had a safety square though. A common PVP tactic was to jump off the square and attack people. It was garbage.

They later added magic bags you could equip which made it so no equipped gear dropped with a very small chance of failure. It absolutely killed the game. The creator even made a second xenimus with the same rules. They now have about 100 players if lucky.

No thanks!

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
I played a game called xenimus growing up. Really fast paced pvp full loot etc. It had about the same amount of active people as MO has. Every town had a safety square though. A common PVP tactic was to jump off the square and attack people. It was garbage.

They later added magic bags you could equip which made it so no equipped gear dropped with a very small chance of failure. It absolutely killed the game. The creator even made a second xenimus with the same rules. They now have about 100 players if lucky.

No thanks!

Nobody recommended that those players should not drop their loot. This would be a bad mechanic.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

BongRips

Jun 15, 2020
Nobody recommended that those players should not drop their loot. This would be a bad mechanic.
Yeah but that's how it starts.

Anyways having played a game with a safety square for 10 years I can tell you it's definitely used by griefers and makes their job easier. The tavern voip would sound like a CoD lobby.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
I don't think any kind of safe space is going to go over in Mortal Online 2.

I also think that if there's any way to disrupt people who are playing a mini-game inside the game, those games (dice, cards, board games, whatever) will be interrupted just as often as possible. And that is sad. But people will cry if they can't interrupt them, and perhaps rightly so given the premise of the game.

In SWG, when I wasn't mining or racing my BARC, I was part of a dance troupe. No one could pick my pocket for my tips, or heist my instruments, or siege my houses where I stashed my wardrobe while I was out. No one could kill the droid that held my extra costumes and props during performances. I had complex and choreographable dance moves; the lead dancer could synchronise everyone. No one could set off an earthquake in Bestine, or push someone out of the cantinas in Mos Eisley. When we played music, everyone in the vicinity heard it. Watching and listening to us cured Battle Fatigue. It was great.

It wouldn't work in Mortal Online 2. Too bad.

laylah_sig_wide_zps90b85aae.JPG