How many PVE Palyers can the game handel at once ? With 1500 players in total all dungeons are already overcrowded.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
25 people in Sator dungeon fill every spawn.
3 groups of 8 Players (24 in total) and Necro dungeon is full. I group at boss, 1 group behind bridge and one before bridge and the dungeon is overcrowded.
9 Players and the Colano Cave is overfarmed.
The Minotaur Cave can hold arround 30 people and the 2 Risar dungeon maybe 20 and 30 Players.
The Spider Caves in total can hold 32 Players
15 Players for Ultimaki
5 per Graveyard makes 25 Palyers in total
About 30 players spread across the Bandits and Sator and Risar camps and these are overcrowded.
Tindrem Sewers 14 Players.
Maybe 30 for the Trolls in total.

That are 284 Players in total.
About a third of the players are PVE players, or grinding the dungeon to get stuff for PVP. That's about 500 Players if 1500 players are online.

That means that we already need twice the PVE Content and dungeons that we have now, to really make the game enjoyable for PVE Players, or you travel for 40 min + preptime and end up in an overcrowded dungeon, where you get jumped soon after you arrive.

Henrick wondered how many players would be optimal for Myrland. Currently no more than 1500! Rather a little less until there is more PVE content.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jasa and Nefnate

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
In addition, we need mechanics that relieve the dungeons.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Reminds me of one time I was dungeon crawling alone down in the Tindrem sewers, and happened to bump into a group of about 15 (most of them were guarding their 2 loot haulers at the back).

A few of them got right up in my face while I was backed to a wall, but none took any aggressive actions even though they could've and I would've been dead in seconds.

But back to the topic, I think that's a good problem for an mmorpg like MO2 to have, no? 🙂

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
+ Some monsters can not be farmed and i find this sad. Take the jungle Troll as an
example. If you are a Melee or Archer without Marksmanship you deal 0 Damage to him. I don´t think this is a good mechanic.
I don´t think it is intended that 1 guy with a turtle can solo farm a troll. I think the health bar of Animals should grey out, if they get too much damage, such as players grey out and that they should need time to rest. It should at last require 2 palyers with turtles. Or 1 player with a turtle and some
supporter

Last edited:

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
That's good, it means there's risk when farming the main lucrative PvE spots, like there should be. Others contesting mobs and resource spawns are good for the game, it adds a little to the whole risk vs reward aspect and creates fluctuation in resource as it alters supply & demand....even though that means little atm the moment, with how fucked the economy is.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
25 people in Sator dungeon fill every spawn.
3 groups of 8 Players (24 in total) and Necro dungeon is full. I group at boss, 1 group behind bridge and one before bridge and the dungeon is overcrowded.
9 Players and the Colano Cave is overfarmed.
The Minotaur Cave can hold arround 30 people and the 2 Risar dungeon maybe 20 and 30 Players.
The Spider Caves in total can hold 32 Players
15 Players for Ultimaki
5 per Graveyard makes 25 Palyers in total
About 30 players spread across the Bandits and Sator and Risar camps and these are overcrowded.
Tindrem Sewers 14 Players.
Maybe 30 for the Trolls in total.

That are 284 Players in total.
About a third of the players are PVE players, or grinding the dungeon to get stuff for PVP. That's about 500 Players if 1500 players are online.

That means that we already need twice the PVE Content and dungeons that we have now, to really make the game enjoyable for PVE Players, or you travel for 40 min + preptime and end up in an overcrowded dungeon, where you get jumped soon after you arrive.

Henrick wondered how many players would be optimal for Myrland. Currently no more than 1500! Rather a little less until there is more PVE content.

First question I have is where are you getting these numbers? 32 players for spider caves in total?

I am not disagreeing with you, I think your overall assessment is correct. I wont even go into the world mobs, just the normal things out there like Bandits, Taurdogs, Tagmatons, Sators, Risars, and Necromancers.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
First question I have is where are you getting these numbers? 32 players for spider caves in total?

I am not disagreeing with you, I think your overall assessment is correct. I wont even go into the world mobs, just the normal things out there like Bandits, Taurdogs, Tagmatons, Sators, Risars, and Necromancers.

Speznatz adressed one on the biggest propblems of MO2 in his latest Video. Many PVE Players are unhappy with the current state of the game and i wanted to give some feedback how SV could create a world that offers something for all players ! MO2 can only achieve a high number of players if if it piques the interest of PVP players, PVE players, crafters and role players. This was the secret recipe that made Ultima Online so popular.

-The only and most important way to make the game more interesting for PVE Players are hotspot dungeons that releave the other dungeons.

-1. That is why we need a quest NPC who declares one of the dungeons to be a hotspot for the next week
-2. this NPC should demand specific items for certain rewards, that can only be found inside the selected dungeon at that time. This prevent players to only farm the most lucrative dungeons. This way the luncrativity of the dungeons would change and these dungeons would then become a PVP hotspot. The other dungeons would be relieved for the PVE Players. Some players want more hotspots for PVP and fight each other all day and other players want to farm their dungeon in peace, without getting too much involved into conflicts. During that time special Elite Mobs could spawn, that require a much bugger group to kill. Special Monsters could spawn, that make the dungeon interesting for Dominaters. The loot luck for trinkets could be higher during that time.

-3. We need at least 2 exits for every dungeon, so it can´t be camped that easy.

-4. We need world Events that trigger PVP in the open world to releave the dungeons.

-5. We had the fights for terretory in MO1. If a group attacked a controll tower everyone on the server got a massage, that this specific controlltower is currently under attack. Players moved there and this triggered a groupfight. We had meteor impacts that triggered PVP. People could see the Meteor dropping from miles away. Same for relics that spawned randomly. There was a lightbeam that players could see from miles away. Wer had deamon stones that worked like an airdrop in other games. All this PVP Events happened in the open world. Atm all PVP Hotspots are inside the dungeons and this is a huge problem because this turns off new Players and especially the PVE Players.

-6. Make the loot paterns more exiting.
It is always hard to balance NPC Loot in a Game where everything should be player crafted. There is always a competition between crafters and Monster loot. What about making the monster Drops being player crafted items ? A Black-Market NPC could read the Database and look for Items that are barly used or sold and offer the salesman more money as the players have to pay for those items in the AH. The BM NPC could for excample buy 5 tungsteel swords, destoy 3 of them and add the remaining 2 Swords to the pool of Monster loot, that can be dropped by slain monsters. Then most of the dropped Items would be player crafted ! They could drop as unidentified items and the game could randomly roll 2-3 magic stats on them.

-7. Reduce the travel time to the dungeon

-8. Make the trinkets and legendary weapon crafting more exiting !

-9. Add the long awaited Minigames and roleplay features !

-10. Add tressure hunting that randomly spawn a point of itnerest with tons of mobs ! Those randomly spawning points of interests could not be camped. The mobs would not stress the server all the time, but only spawn when someone opened the map and is doing the quest.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
They need to remake dungeons so they are not linear and can handle multiple groups of people farming at diffrent size/levels of play.
Most dungeons are garbo right now except for necro and mino
Mino isnt that great but it has enough side places that different groups can go farm at.

Reactions: Anabolic Man

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
For PvE, I think SV has recently added quite a number of points of interest that caught me by surprise, even along the routes I normally take whenever I travel.

Don't want to spoil it for anyone, but recently I noticed a lot of newly added mines and caves that are inhabited. This time round, the mobs actually come running out to try and fight you if you get too close to the entrance which I thought was a nice touch.

The AI seemed to have gotten some slight improvement as well. The mobs came running out to fight me, only to then run back to their cave after they realised their attacks weren't doing much damage against my tower shield and I was hitting them for twice the damage.

D

Dracu

Speznatz adressed one on the biggest propblems of MO2 in his latest Video. Many PVE Players are unhappy with the current state of the game and i wanted to give some feedback how SV could create a world that offers something for all players ! MO2 can only achieve a high number of players if if it piques the interest of PVP players, PVE players, crafters and role players. This was the secret recipe that made Ultima Online so popular.

-The only and most important way to make the game more interesting for PVE Players are hotspot dungeons that releave the other dungeons.

-1. That is why we need a quest NPC who declares one of the dungeons to be a hotspot for the next week
-2. this NPC should demand specific items for certain rewards, that can only be found inside the selected dungeon at that time. This prevent players to only farm the most lucrative dungeons. This way the luncrativity of the dungeons would change and these dungeons would then become a PVP hotspot. The other dungeons would be relieved for the PVE Players. Some players want more hotspots for PVP and fight each other all day and other players want to farm their dungeon in peace, without getting too much involved into conflicts. During that time special Elite Mobs could spawn, that require a much bugger group to kill. Special Monsters could spawn, that make the dungeon interesting for Dominaters. The loot luck for trinkets could be higher during that time.

-3. We need at least 2 exits for every dungeon, so it can´t be camped that easy.

-4. We need world Events that trigger PVP in the open world to releave the dungeons.

-5. We had the fights for terretory in MO1. If a group attacked a controll tower everyone on the server got a massage, that this specific controlltower is currently under attack. Players moved there and this triggered a groupfight. We had meteor impacts that triggered PVP. People could see the Meteor dropping from miles away. Same for relics that spawned randomly. There was a lightbeam that players could see from miles away. Wer had deamon stones that worked like an airdrop in other games. All this PVP Events happened in the open world. Atm all PVP Hotspots are inside the dungeons and this is a huge problem because this turns off new Players and especially the PVE Players.

It is always hard to balance NPC Loot in a Game where everything should be player crafted. There is always a competition between crafters and Monster loot. What about making the monster Drops being player crafted items ? A Black-Market NPC could read the Database and look for Items that are barly used or sold and offer the salesman more money as the players have to pay for those items in the AH. The BM NPC could for excample buy 5 tungsteel swords, destoy 3 of them and add the remaining 2 Swords to the pool of Monster loot, that can be dropped by slain monsters. Then most of the dropped Items would be player crafted ! They could drop as unidentified items and the game could randomly roll 2-3 magic stats on them.

-10. Add tressure hunting that randomly spawn a point of itnerest with tons of mobs ! Those randomly spawning points of interests could not be camped. The mobs would not stress the server all the time, but only spawn when someone opened the map and is doing the quest.
these are all good suggestions, i am personally most fond of number 6. I hope SV takes notes from this.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

So on the Ultima Online subject. Many people here werent alive when UO was first released, let alone gaming at that point. Pre-Tram, UO was a hot mess for PVE'ers. During its peak prior to Tram, it was farmed out mobs were picked clean along with most of the natural resources around most major towns. It wasn't until you got well away from the safety of towns did you see anything and most of the time it was often camped by some random PKer or group.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
or you travel for 40 min + preptime and end up in an overcrowded dungeon, where you get jumped soon after you arrive.
My biggest issue is the travel time. Last night it took me longer to ghost to meduli than it would take me to get in my car, drive to the next town over, get some Mcdonalds, and eat it, as long as they gave me the food right away. That's just really dumb game design. Traveling, is literally doing nothing. But its the majority of MO2's gameplay. I could never sub for this. 1 char that never leave's my area because it takes too much time. I wonder how many players are in the same boat and will quit when subs come out.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
This whole game cant handle much more than 2k players regardless of where they are.
Even if they added 10 more dungeons the server will take a giant turd after 2k players.
Then SV will be forced to re-implement the shards. There is no other option with the current system. It has nothing to do with dungeons or pve players.