How bad are the penalties for armour that is more heavy than your max amour allowance

Lord Pulltab

Feb 23, 2022
If for instance I would be carrying 24kg of armour rather than my allowed 19.7 ...would it affect my movement/running speed a lot?
Are there other penalties?

Many thanks for your help and reply.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Never wear over your limit unless you are armor training. But the best way to armor train is to just mash space bar. So you should never actually do anything encumbered. You are just slow and easy to kill.

It scales with how encumbered you are. But even being a little encumbered is noticeable and might get you killed. Isnt worth the armor being better. Wearing worse armor you can wear is better than better armor you cant.

Lord Pulltab

Feb 23, 2022
I remember when I added my second 3kg extra armour weight to my char that nothing much happened to the max allowed armour weight.
Is this bonus armour weight from clade gifts added to the max armour weight you see in your stats, or do you have to calculate that in yourself?

Like I have something like 19.7 kg armour allowance ...for a 123 strength (118 without stout) Oghmir.
Including the 2x3kg extra armour from the clades...should this max allowed armour weight not be higher?

Many thanks for your reply and help

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
You need the skill heavy armor training to go above 20kg. You have to buy it, you cant learn it by action. And regular armor training has to be at 100 before you can start reading heavy armor training.

Nothing to do with strength or clades.

And yes, the over incumbered debuff you get when wearing armor thats too heavy makes you slow as hell. You also cant ride a horse.

Last edited:

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Noooooo...I suspected as much.....more primary points I cannot afford

THanks anyways for your help
Fun tip, if you unlock heavy armor training and lock the skill at 0, you wont use any more points but will get 1kg of free armor weight or so from the bonus levels you get from dext and stuff. Where your skills will be like 92+8, you can get that 0+8 or so free.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Its always a struggle fitting in all the primaries you want in this game. You always have to make compromises and give up on something. The game forces you to specialize.

Lord Pulltab

Feb 23, 2022
That is what I like about the game....it makes people have to need each others skills to reach peak performance

Lord Pulltab

Feb 23, 2022
Will do the unlock now then..hihi...then off to jungle camp....for some pansar training
Well not off to it...I set it as my home as I foresaw I had to be there quite often ...quickly...and that was proven right

Lord Pulltab

Feb 23, 2022
Oh now we at it...what is the best arrow for mounted with asym bow.....is long bow a bit better or just broadhead?

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
unless you are hunting animals or peoples horses. Then longbow arrows. Always nice to bring some along when you know you'll be doing either of those.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

iiell

Jan 27, 2022
But the best way to armor train is to just mash space bar.

Actually, the best way to level Armor Training is to pull out your weapon and hold down shift while wearing 30kg+ armor. Nothing else is required and it levels up just as fast as spamming jump without depleting your stamina reserves. Use a macro to keep shift held down or jam something to hold it down. Only need to move to prevent AFK logout. ;)

Reactions: Jatix

alahkin

Mar 24, 2021
Actually, the best way to level Armor Training is to pull out your weapon and hold down shift while wearing 30kg+ armor. Nothing else is required and it levels up just as fast as spamming jump without depleting your stamina reserves. Use a macro to keep shift held down or jam something to hold it down. Only need to move to prevent AFK logout. ;)

this