Horses

Kbear

May 28, 2020
Desert Horses are generally considered the best at present. Steppe's are also quite popular.

Hopefully in time we see Bull horses appear and variable horse stats as was in MO1. Breeding of horses was a senstive topic at times in MO1 as with some knowledge a player could breed amazing horses which made the taming in the world irrelevant.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Deserts because they are the fastest and, as long as you have no armor or bags equipped, nobody can catch you if you see them early enough. Most people wont even chase a “naked” desert fleeing a fight.

Jutton horses deserve a mention because they are so damn tanky. Too bad they are so slow.

Reactions: Deleted member 44

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Word lyf I am beginning to see the use of Steppes. Esp once you get them stronk. Don't they max at 300? The speed diff is important, but it's not that big. They are more available. I like to have at least 200 hp on my horse but approaching 3... over 250 it's like wheee... That's a lot of arrows.

And yea a naked desert is a good thing, but in my solo travels I've learned to prefer armor. I've been caught in every situation since beta. I def say heavy armor, until I find some wild shit like ganoid scale or something that can give me a little prot + still let me be fast.

I would say Steppe, Jotun (tho I haven't got my hands on one yet!), and Desert are the horses you wanna mess w/. Jungles are dog shit. I don't understand the pt of a jungle horse.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
what are the best horses in MO2

Currently it is a matter of preference. Either the Steppe or the Desert.

Desert horses are the fastest in game, have the third most stamina at 1100, and have the third most hit points at 280.

Steppes are the second fastest, have the second most stamina at 1200 and the second most hit points at 297.

Exiledkhallisi

Jan 27, 2022
Deserts because they are the fastest and, as long as you have no armor or bags equipped, nobody can catch you if you see them early enough. Most people wont even chase a “naked” desert fleeing a fight.

Jutton horses deserve a mention because they are so damn tanky. Too bad they are so slow.
Jotun have 1 good use...

At 125 in cronite/bloodsilk horse armor

For fighting right outside of town they are virtually indestructible if you can heal.

Joe McFly

Jan 26, 2022
I would like to know what is the status of the Mongroel Horse? Where would you classify it? Fast, slow, robust? I have tamed a lev 125 and offered it for 30 gold. But no one wants to buy it.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I would like to know what is the status of the Mongroel Horse? Where would you classify it? Fast, slow, robust? I have tamed a lev 125 and offered it for 30 gold. But no one wants to buy it.

Mongrel horses are the worst horses in the game.

Second slowest,
Second lowest HP
Second lowest stam.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Bigbadwolff

Mar 29, 2021
Hey, Im a Tamer and playing since march, and used to sell Horses in the past as a main gold making, here are a few tips:
-lvl 125 horses dont sell like you think even if its max lvl, you will make fast gold by selling horses at market value in the city
- some horses sell at higher value in some citys for example:
Steppe will sell for in Meduli 4-5 gold
Fab 4-5 gold
Vadda 3 gold
Batki 7-8 gold
MK 9-10 gold - Omerta makes shur it kill you and your horse outside town
Desert horses even if its a beter horse, it doesnt sell like you think
Mongrol horses sell only in Batki 2-5 gold because in Batki are no Steppe spawn near but when I put for sale 3 horses at a time, they sell in 5 min

For pesonal use, coming from a player that deosnt buy horses ever i consider Steppe trash horses and i dont care if i lose them and if they make it to 125 i just donate to guild or friends, for Desert its the same thing only it hurts if i lose a 125 one, even if i have a 125 ready in every town.

Now how to use horses in diferent activities its a very debatable subject, from experiance I found some sweet spots that work well for me and my play style.

Good luck,