Hidden places

Callenmore

Feb 7, 2023
I decided to venture out beyond the cities and Wow, it was was worth it: I encountered several places not on the map, with great detail, interesting various and new kinds of loot, and away from other players.
I don't know if new players need to to see this or what, but I had more fun last night just exploring than I thought I would have - and encourage everyone to explore as much as possible. Knowing that I could be beset upon at any moment by others was exciting, finding hidden, well designed little campsites and tunnels, with no other competition from anyone? - that's what I'm talking about.

That there must be many of these hidden locations not listed on the map is pretty cool, as it, in a way, rewards people who dare to venture forth. Despite 1.8k people being online, I never ran across One.

Doom and Gloom

Mar 12, 2022
Usually, if you don't run into anyone it means you are exploring derelict areas with nothing worthwhile in them. Sadly there are many of those

Reactions: Gnidex

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
there are a lot of poi scattered around that arent very frequented, especially if you are in the eastern part of the map.

However, they usually dont have great loot. Any decent spot that has any good resource or gold farm pretty much has a village of player houses around it. People dont travel to farm, they make a house next to the spawn they like.

Callenmore

Feb 7, 2023
I hear you, and can understand value is subjective, so I don't refute anything you said, but for me, I did get a red garnet, I found a hanging corpse with a bit of silver, a mine with scoundrels that I solo'd for a good amount of clade gifts, another even longer, darker mine with plenty of undead and more, with various loot. So, for me, I was very satisfied with no others around. I'm just sharing in case other newer players were wondering what all else is out there. Granted the value wasn't Tremendous, but Something nonetheless.

Jybwee

May 28, 2020
There's quite a number of interesting things NOT on that mortal map site. And, altho there's plenty of room to grow, SV has done a great job getting more POIs out there for people to stumble upon. From simple 'crime scene' types to caves in strategic places with appropriate things that make sense to the lore. - that's as specific i'll be on locations not openly shared yet :p

But this post is a great example as to how essential it is that they do continue expanding with the random POIs (and spawns) to encourage exploration and especially new player exploration.... and in that vein, it shouldn't be of utmost importance for SV to design these things with 'gold per hour' in mind.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I decided to venture out beyond the cities and Wow, it was was worth it: I encountered several places not on the map, with great detail, interesting various and new kinds of loot, and away from other players.
I don't know if new players need to to see this or what, but I had more fun last night just exploring than I thought I would have - and encourage everyone to explore as much as possible. Knowing that I could be beset upon at any moment by others was exciting, finding hidden, well designed little campsites and tunnels, with no other competition from anyone? - that's what I'm talking about.

That there must be many of these hidden locations not listed on the map is pretty cool, as it, in a way, rewards people who dare to venture forth. Despite 1.8k people being online, I never ran across One.

I like to meet people, but yeah just 'going out' and seeing what happens seems to be a really foreign idea to people. No offense to play styles, of course, but that's not ME. Everyone talkin' about loot.

I mean I cleared the whole Desert Horse spawn by W jungle, and that stuff had BEEN sitting. So, there just aren't a lot of people, unfort. A lot of people are in strong holds or towns.

You might enjoy tagging ETERNAL, dono tho. :) I am intrigued by your optimism and want to help, if possible. Not gonna be able to do all that much, cuz I am around at weird times, but I mean, we'll get it done.

I def enjoy finding people in the wild and talking to them, haha. I'm sure people think it's arrogant or a form of bullying, but hey I've been shot at and killed many times for my behavior, so it's whatever. I do like to see what people are bringing to the sandbox. They are 'content.' So it's like SUP. Most people are like - you see gears turning for like 15 seconds - then they either run away or fight you haha.

Callenmore

Feb 7, 2023
Thank you Emdash, for your kind words and your feedback. I am usually on M-F around 6-8 (EST), and on weekends for a few hours If I can manage it lol. I'm not an aggressive player by any means, the game I like to play is one of building, harvesting, selling, skilling, exploring - though, once strong enough, I would enjoy some good team based PvP, I think that would be cool. I'm a mid-aged guy with *some* previous game experience like EQ (and EQ2 which I liked), Vanguard Saga of Heroes, and..well, I think that might be it, haha.
I appreciate All people of all walks of life so I never intend to say or do anything to offend anyone (these are just games after all, and meant to be fun), so yeah, if you're ever around, I'm more than happy to chat!

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Thank you Emdash, for your kind words and your feedback. I am usually on M-F around 6-8 (EST), and on weekends for a few hours If I can manage it lol. I'm not an aggressive player by any means, the game I like to play is one of building, harvesting, selling, skilling, exploring - though, once strong enough, I would enjoy some good team based PvP, I think that would be cool. I'm a mid-aged guy with *some* previous game experience like EQ (and EQ2 which I liked), Vanguard Saga of Heroes, and..well, I think that might be it, haha.
I appreciate All people of all walks of life so I never intend to say or do anything to offend anyone (these are just games after all, and meant to be fun), so yeah, if you're ever around, I'm more than happy to chat!

nice, I'll PM you my discord stuff. I'm always wary of new accounts, to be honest, but if you're faking it, you're good haha.

Callenmore

Feb 7, 2023
Thanks Em - just sent you back a message. And no, LoL, I don't fake anything (though I do suppose the world can be pretty awful at times for sure).

Thank you everyone for writing - I appreciate other players and all their insights. I've only been playing for like maybe a month or so, but I definately plan on playing for a long time so more experienced views are very welcome and thought over.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Thanks Em - just sent you back a message. And no, LoL, I don't fake anything (though I do suppose the world can be pretty awful at times for sure).

Thank you everyone for writing - I appreciate other players and all their insights. I've only been playing for like maybe a month or so, but I definately plan on playing for a long time so more experienced views are very welcome and thought over.

Yea don't ever put your address or anything on here, just sayin haha.

I hope ya have fun. If you see my chars say wuzup.

Reactions: Callenmore

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020

Agree, I suggest also to bring with you a chest Key, some chests are closed and has some interesting things inside.

Reactions: Callenmore