Have they removed guards from inside Graveyard yet ??

manure

May 7, 2022
I stopped playing yesterday after I witnessed, in Meduli, tindremic guards patrolling OUTSIDE town limits and didnt feel like logging back until they fix this non sense...
Please someone update me :

Can we go gray again OUT of town or are we still being guard whacked and losing reputation inside Graveyard ?

Bigbadwolff

Mar 29, 2021
I stopped playing yesterday after I witnessed, in Meduli, tindremic guards patrolling OUTSIDE town limits and didnt feel like logging back until they fix this non sense...

Can we go gray again OUT of town or are we still being guard whacked and losing reputation inside Graveyard ?

you can farm sabura guarded now :ROFLMAO:

• Angry
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Bigbadwolff

Mar 29, 2021
Seriously ?
No fix yet ?

I will only be OK with guards inside a Graveyard out of town when they also add a bank, stable and vendors over there as well. 😒

I hope the npc look like zombies to keep the graveyard theme going :cool:

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

As a Russian friend of mine used to say.... Cya Sooka.

Edyran

Jan 27, 2022

Your name fits if you are upset you can’t farm new players in graveyards

manure

May 7, 2022
Your name fits if you are upset you can’t farm new players in graveyards

Yes.
Amazing game now that fits perfectly for you.
Guards outside town. Congratulations.

Hey... have you ever played Elder Sceolls Online ?
Maybe it suits your style better. Go check.
You never lose anything there as well. Zero risk.

For whomever cares... go check the range of the city guards around Meduli.
Tell me if thats not lame.

manure

May 7, 2022
As a Russian friend of mine used to say.... Cya Sooka.

I doubt you would come to this game if they said there was gonna be guards OUTSIDE towns guard whacking anyone who goes gray.

So, think again before waving me goodbye.
You should be against this patch too.

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
Can you kill the guards? Do they spawn unlimited and teleport?
I ask cause I have no experience with murder and fighting guards.
If the answer is no and yes to the above, its a serious issue imo.
If the answer is yes and no to the above, its a matter of tweaking the guards so a large group can overcome them.

I am not too happy that thr are guards in a GY, I'd prefer that they patrolled the roads instead. (Imean wtf, why do they ignore the undead... ruins immersion and makes no sense)Guards within a city should be more numerous and harder. imo.

edit: edited if the answer is...

manure

May 7, 2022
Can you kill the guards? Do they spawn unlimited and teleport?
I ask cause I have no experience with murder and fighting guards.
If the answer is no and yes to the above, its a serious issue imo.
If the answer is yes and no to the above, its a matter of tweaking the guards so a large group can overcome them.

I am not too happy that thr are guards in a GY, I'd prefer that they patrolled the roads instead. (Imean wtf, why do they ignore the undead... ruins immersion and makes no sense)Guards within a city should be more numerous and harder. imo.

edit: edited if the answer is...

The NPC guard is very powerful... its a tindremic Lictor.
Im not sure if a group can overcome them, but alone, you have no chance.
Go test for yourself... try going gray around the player houses, FAAAR from town... you will see them killing you in 2 or 3 hits....
Their reach is VERY distant from town... its in the wilderness...not only inside the graveyard.
Its between player houses.... totally nonsense

And you brought a good argument here... the immersion in the Graveyard...
Indeed. Its ridiculous... there are 73882 guards protecting the Graveyard but they dont attack the zombies... how lame is that ?

It only proves that the devs simply listened to some carebears cry and decided to protect them by placing guards, without even caring about logic or game immersion.

Looked like an emergency help, to please someone.

Edyran

Jan 27, 2022
Yes.
Amazing game now that fits perfectly for you.
Guards outside town. Congratulations.

Hey... have you ever played Elder Sceolls Online ?
Maybe it suits your style better. Go check.
You never lose anything there as well. Zero risk.

For whomever cares... go check the range of the city guards around Meduli.
Tell me if thats not lame.
I don’t live in npc cities and cry about killing new players in graveyards. I have multiple accessible strongholds and player houses/villages in the open world to pvp in

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I doubt the guards were placed there to protect new players. Especially when they are near the houses of players more then the graveyard.

Coincidentally it looks like favoritism. Even if its not it very much looks this way that when two of the largest alliances go to war one side gets guards to defend their city and combat people fighting from houses against zergs which one of the sides of this current war complained very much about.
People were already guard calling on greys in the meduli graveyard before this patch, but they put guards all around the houses of players that were in conflict with meduli guilds. But they didnt do this for fabernum which is the far hotter area for PvP outside town and in the graveyard.

Graveyards are for new players to learn the game. A big part of the game is ganking/situational awareness and open world PvP. Graveyards should teach this and not be entirely safe because you can make a bunch of money per hour there. Its certainly not wise to have your new players just destroyed by veteran players over and over at a graveyard but there are a lot of new players that want to PvP and the graveyard is also their learning experience.

If there is some balance to graveyards you should probably put them farther from town but go ahead and add some guards so there is a chance of risk going to and from at least. If the town is right there the graveyard it would just be free farming and not teach new players any lessons about risk or needing to have awareness of your surroundings for when they do actually leave town eventually.

The final big issue that Im going to mention is that the towns clump everyone together making the rest of the worlds sparse. This forces people who need quick casual PvP for their sessions to have to go to towns to PvP. PvP is heavily punished in this game with many consequences which include being barred from towns. You pretty much force people to graveyards and town gate to get PvP at times but then punish them for this by forcing them out of towns which are required for a lot of things in game. The game is restricted in aspects of sandbox to force you to towns which as a casual PvPer you are forced to spawn half of your play session away from and spend as fourth of your session traveling to another town to do parcels to still be allowed in town.

The games design is poor and causes its own issues that get exacerbated which leads to quiting for casuals.

Reactions: Bicorps

manure

May 7, 2022
I doubt the guards were placed there to protect new players. Especially when they are near the houses of players more then the graveyard.

Coincidentally it looks like favoritism. Even if its not it very much looks this way that when two of the largest alliances go to war one side gets guards to defend their city and combat people fighting from houses against zergs which one of the sides of this current war complained very much about.
People were already guard calling on greys in the meduli graveyard before this patch, but they put guards all around the houses of players that were in conflict with meduli guilds. But they didnt do this for fabernum which is the far hotter area for PvP outside town and in the graveyard.

Graveyards are for new players to learn the game. A big part of the game is ganking/situational awareness and open world PvP. Graveyards should teach this and not be entirely safe because you can make a bunch of money per hour there. Its certainly not wise to have your new players just destroyed by veteran players over and over at a graveyard but there are a lot of new players that want to PvP and the graveyard is also their learning experience.

If there is some balance to graveyards you should probably put them farther from town but go ahead and add some guards so there is a chance of risk going to and from at least. If the town is right there the graveyard it would just be free farming and not teach new players any lessons about risk or needing to have awareness of your surroundings for when they do actually leave town eventually.

The final big issue that Im going to mention is that the towns clump everyone together making the rest of the worlds sparse. This forces people who need quick casual PvP for their sessions to have to go to towns to PvP. PvP is heavily punished in this game with many consequences which include being barred from towns. You pretty much force people to graveyards and town gate to get PvP at times but then punish them for this by forcing them out of towns which are required for a lot of things in game. The game is restricted in aspects of sandbox to force you to towns which as a casual PvPer you are forced to spawn half of your play session away from and spend as fourth of your session traveling to another town to do parcels to still be allowed in town.

The games design is poor and causes its own issues that get exacerbated which leads to quiting for casuals.

Well... if the graveyard was farther from city,as you suggested, it would for sure fix this damned patch...

Actually... they would also need to remove guards from the wilderness, take them away from the player houses...

Jesus... a bad patch generates more problems to resolve.

Maybe if they use a POLL for the next patch... it would be easier to measure the players acceptance

D

Deleted member 44

1) Why wasn't this added to all cities and not just KOTO area?
2) Why weren't saburra yields lowered in the new patrol area?
3) Why are they elite guards and not normal guards?

I like guards roaming patrolling the roads. SVs implementation I don't like.

Haegemon

Mar 10, 2022
There are other GY than just Meduli which are unprotected, go there if you want to kill nubs.
I understand the choice with Meduli, it was/is getting out of hand so the devs did this.

Also nothing strange about guards patrolling a bit outside of the city
It needs more tweaking tho, guards shouldnt follow you all the way out into the wilderness.

Pragma

Mar 17, 2022
Each big guild protect their town and GY, Koto is medulli,legion it's vadda etc, if you don't want rats in your house you have to chase them out yourself, it make no sense to have guards in one GY just "because there are people killing noobs", KOTO have a lot of ennemy, it's their own fault for having so many people coming in GY, they should deal with it themselves. Or put guards in all GY.

Reactions: Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021
You also cant parry guards when they added guard summoning. World getting more and more fake.

The only reason people go to meduli to fight is because of Koto made enemies.
Very sus for favoritism that right when koto gets a war with legion meduli gets massive guard protection.
Mass spaming contact gm and tickets for feedback is something they admit to.
SV is incompetent so even if they show favoritism it will prob back fire.

Small guard patrols along the road from town to town or to guard outpost would be cool. But bring back being able to parry freaking tindremins.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I doubt you would come to this game if they said there was gonna be guards OUTSIDE towns guard whacking anyone who goes gray.

So, think again before waving me goodbye.
You should be against this patch too.

Seeing as I have probably been around this project longer than you been able to drive, I will say that it has had zero effect on my gameplay. But I am also not a graveyard camper and I dont camp near towns for cheap easy kills to make myself feel good.