Going under 100 stam!

sakers

Sep 18, 2020
When going under 100 stam your screen gets very grainy this shit looks terrible! I understand its for people who are hearing impaired but you should at least give us the setting to turn it off!

Valoran

May 28, 2020
I'm pretty sure it starts happening below 25% stamina.

I agree that this effect is not visually appealing at all and I already made a thread criticising it.

Pierre

Sep 7, 2020
It is to simulate the tunnel vision/blurring effect from exhausting oneself. This feature encourages players to better manage their stamina and doubles as an indicator for when their stamina is low. This feature should not be optional.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
This looks especially bad at night. The first time I had this happen at night I though i was having video card issues.

It has been awhile since I noticed it much so I have either got used to it or they have changed it a bit.

Valoran

May 28, 2020
It is to simulate the tunnel vision/blurring effect from exhausting oneself. This feature encourages players to better manage their stamina and doubles as an indicator for when their stamina is low. This feature should not be optional.
Here is my thread about this topic:

Unless you're unhealthy, you should not experience any visual anomalies from exhaustion so the realism argument doesn't hold up.

The bottom line is that this effect is extremely ugly, and although I agree we do need a visual indicator for low stamina other than the stamina bar itself, it should be one that does not make the entire screen very unappealing.

There are other options.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Unless you're unhealthy, you should not experience any visual anomalies from exhaustion so the realism argument doesn't hold up.

Actually people very often do experience those when being "exhausted" even "healthy" ones. You could argue if you want to make it realistic you would have to have low stamina reserves as well since a certain level of dehydration and/or fasting enhances the effect. Also the effect would show shortly after you exhausted yourself and are regaining strength rather than in the last bit of running/fighting.

The effect is ugly though and should be replaced with something toggle able for the visually impaired.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
If you exhaust yourself entirely then you deserve the current grain effect x10. I know most of you here in the thread have never exhausted your stamina irl, let me just say its alot worse than the effect ingame.

So it is optionable aswell, if you dont want to see the effect, just dont spend stamina below the effects start, that way you will never see it again.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
If you exhaust yourself entirely then you deserve the current grain effect x10. I know most of you here in the thread have never exhausted your stamina irl, let me just say its alot worse than the effect ingame.

So it is optionable aswell, if you dont want to see the effect, just dont spend stamina below the effects start, that way you will never see it again.

I think realism is just not the way to argue this point. Realistically I think a lot of characters in MO would pass out at certain points, have arrhythmia (getting thunderfucked much?) and obviously have to play it cool for a few weeks because of broken bones.

I prefer a clean looking game where the focus is on the important moving parts. I think that actually simulates better how we percieve the world around us. The modern way of putting thousands of moving pieces on the screen with bloom, blur, blood, exhaution etc. effects on top of that is needlessly annoying.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
I think realism is just not the way to argue this point. Realistically I think a lot of characters in MO would pass out at certain points, have arrhythmia (getting thunderfucked much?) and obviously have to play it cool for a few weeks because of broken bones.

I prefer a clean looking game where the focus is on the important moving parts. I think that actually simulates better how we percieve the world around us. The modern way of putting thousands of moving pieces on the screen with bloom, blur, blood, exhaution etc. effects on top of that is needlessly annoying.
True enough and I agree, realism should be used when it benefits the game, lore or gameplay imo.

Just saying it is a very small inconvenience for the failure of getting low on stamina.

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
What if they replaced the film grain effect with more of a tunnel vision effect. It doesn't have to be an overkill tunnel vision (maybe if you hit 0 stam) but something like when you have a helmet on in MO1 with the small dimming of the outside of the screen.