GM Tickets and Processes (Updated - June 6th 2022)

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
GM’s Role

Hello Mortals,

I wanted to consolidate some of the support messages into one regarding GMs and their functions. It is a GM’s role to assist players when the game does something that is not intended by the game’s code and/or design. An example of this is being stuck in a location. It is not a GM’s role to help players to do functions that the game doesn’t allow currently or ever. An example would be a GM moving a house. If a player tries to receive help or to trick a GM in bad faith, they will be punished for it. Luckily, this does not happen often, but I wanted to give a friendly warning. We have received a large increased number of tickets for things the GMs are not supposed to assist with. Please only use the ticket system if you found a bug, need a location for said bug, are stuck or the game has locked your progress in some unintended way. Thank you. Below will be some of the consolidation.

GM Tickets

We wanted to take some time regarding how GM Tickets work. There is a bit of confusion and by going through some of the steps or rules, it may make the process faster and easier for everyone.

To place a ticket;

Hit ESC
Press Contact GM
Write in your issue and pick the closest category to match
Wait for a response
Now if you log out of the game to relog, switch servers or call it a day, your ticket will be removed, and you will NOT be contacted. If you have been waiting for a response for a long time, this may be due to this. Since the alts, it has become a slower process to respond to tickets and we apologize for this. As the alts get removed, things will get faster on the GM’s end. Thank you for your patience.

GM Tickets Process

There are a few things we wanted to address or help out with regarding GM Tickets.

Responding to a GM

To respond to a GM, your text should look like this;

/w GMname msg

There is no need to add the GM Tag, here is an example;

/w Discord Hello

Guild/Group Tickets

If your guild or group of players are running into a problem that requires a ticket, please only submit ONE ticket for the group. Multiple group tickets will slow down the process. Thank you for the consideration.

Spamming of GM Tickets

We wanted to inform you that by spamming a ticket for the GM to get to your issue does not speed up the process. Continuous spam of the same ticket may lead to temporary bans. Thank you for understanding.

Loot Bags on cliffs and GMs

I wanted to make a quick support announcement regarding using GM tickets for loot bags. GMs will not get your loot that is on the side or edge of a cliff for you. It is lost. Gravity OP. Thank you.

Account and Client Support

If you are encountering problems with your client or account issues, we want to direct you to help center website: https://www.mortalonline2.com/help-center/

Please do not reach out to the CEO or the Dev team for these issues. They will not get resolved this way. If you have any questions, feel free to DM @Robmo on Discord

manure

May 7, 2022
GM’s Role

It is a GM’s role to assist players when the game does something that is not intended by the game’s code and/or design.

I have been calling GMs for a looong time to dennouce the murder count suicide exploit.

As stated above, it IS something that is not intended by the games code !
When you kill someone's horse, or hit someone by accident, and that guy commits suicide, you get a murder count.
Exploiters are abusing this for a very long time... And I always open a ticket and never get any answer from GMs.

Will any GM temp ban these exploiters ever ?

Or, even better, will the Devs ever fix this exploit ?

Reactions: supremeautocity

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
I have been calling GMs for a looong time to dennouce the murder count suicide exploit.

As stated above, it IS something that is not intended by the games code !
When you kill someone's horse, or hit someone by accident, and that guy commits suicide, you get a murder count.
Exploiters are abusing this for a very long time... And I always open a ticket and never get any answer from GMs.

Will any GM temp ban these exploiters ever ?

Or, even better, will the Devs ever fix this exploit ?

I'll try to make sure this bug is placed higher on a priority list

Reactions: Beatel

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
This information should be permanently baked into the game's GM support menu, as a significant portion of the player population probably won't get around to reading or remembering any of this on the forums.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
how exactly would the system know if you hit someone 'by accident' or not? how would a GM know after-the-fact?

-barcode

manure

May 7, 2022
how exactly would the system know if you hit someone 'by accident' or not? how would a GM know after-the-fact?

-barcode

Its actually easy to fix... If a guy DIES by a hit done by a PLAYER, then all those players who actually hit him should get a murder count.

But if a guy dies because of commiting suicide, be it by pressing suicide button, or throwing himself off a cliff, or being hit by a NPC monster, he should NOT be able to give any murder counts to any players !! The system just need to check the FINAL BLOW. Easy.

Its logic : if you died to anything that wasnt a player hit, then you should not be able to give murder counts.
If the final blow, that killed you, was made by any human player, then yes, you should give murder count to EVERYBODY that hit you in the last 5 or 10 minutes.

Simple.

manure

May 7, 2022
I'll try to make sure this bug is placed higher on a priority list

So... Robmo...its been a while.

Any news about the suicide exploit ? Are the Devs already working on a way to fix this exploit ?

I still keep receiving several murder counts for hitting horses, and keep reporting this exploit with no replies from any GMs.
This is frustrating, as it is clearly NOT INTENDED by game developers, so it should be a bannable offense.

Please update us about this issue, will you ?

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
So... Robmo...its been a while.

Any news about the suicide exploit ? Are the Devs already working on a way to fix this exploit ?

I still keep receiving several murder counts for hitting horses, and keep reporting this exploit with no replies from any GMs.
This is frustrating, as it is clearly NOT INTENDED by game developers, so it should be a bannable offense.

Please update us about this issue, will you ?

Why are you hitting horses?

manure

May 7, 2022
Why are you hitting horses?

What do you mean ?
Because I like to kill horses... Is it forbidden ?

I know its evil, but its not against any game rules !

What is not allowed is to give murder counts by suiciding, because it CLEARLY was not the intention of game Developers.

Unless the Devs make an official message stating that it is really the way they programmed it to be, that people should suicide themselves to give murder counts to other people who killed their horses, unless they say it, it stays for now as an EXPLOIT.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
What do you mean ?
Because I like to kill horses... Is it forbidden ?

I know its evil, but its not against any game rules !

What is not allowed is to give murder counts by suiciding, because it CLEARLY was not the intention of game Developers.

Unless the Devs make an official message stating that it is really the way they programmed it to be, that people should suicide themselves to give murder counts to other people who killed their horses, unless they say it, it stays for now as an EXPLOIT.

I recall they added that murder count system in for that very reason. Because there was no repercussions for doing what you are doing. So as my Dad told me as a kid... "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

manure

May 7, 2022
I recall they added that murder count system in for that very reason. Because there was no repercussions for doing what you are doing. So as my Dad told me as a kid... "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

So, you are REALLY telling me that the Devs, intentionally, suggested to every players that they should suicide themselves everytime someone killed their horses, because they werent competent enough to create a better solution to punish horse killers ?

And you recalled they created the murder system for THAT VERY REASON ?

Im sorry my brother... Thats too much to believe...

By the way, What your daddy told you as a kid is completely right.
But the way it is right now, that sentence should be read as : "Play the way you enjoy respecting game rules, Win unfair exploited non intended punishment"

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
So, you are REALLY telling me that the Devs, intentionally, suggested to every players that they should suicide themselves everytime someone killed their horses, because they werent competent enough to create a better solution to punish horse killers ?

And you recalled they created the murder system for THAT VERY REASON ?

Im sorry my brother... Thats too much to believe...

By the way, What your daddy told you as a kid is completely right.
But the way it is right now, that sentence should be read as : "Play the way you enjoy respecting game rules, Win unfair exploited non intended punishment"

It was a discussion about 3 or 4 months ago in SV stream. The change was made due to the griefing of horses in Fabernum,Tindrim and Meduli.

manure

May 7, 2022
It was a discussion about 3 or 4 months ago in SV stream. The change was made due to the griefing of horses in Fabernum,Tindrim and Meduli.

So, the suicide exploit only began after that Stream ?

Weird... I have the impression that people used to give murder counts by suiciding after horses were killed since day one.
I actually remember the first time I got a murder count...it was in Vadda, killing ahorse near its graveyard. I was wondering what the heck had happened since I didnt kill anyone and suddenly received a murder count. Oh, and that was in february... LOOOONG ago.

It started slow, but once the info spreaded, everyone started doing so.
By "Everyone" I mean bad players, aka exploiters.

Anyway, it is pathetic.
Even Robmo on this very Thread treated it like an issue, like a BUG, on his words....and granted that this exploit was gonna be placed on high priority to be fixed.
Go read a couple posts above.

So, I will keep asking for it to be fixed, as it is clearly an exploit.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

Weird... I have the impression that people used to give murder counts by suiciding after horses were killed since day one.
I actually remember the first time I got a murder count...it was in Vadda, killing ahorse near its graveyard. I was wondering what the heck had happened since I didnt kill anyone and suddenly received a murder count. Oh, and that was in february... LOOOONG ago.

Anyway, it is pathetic.
Even Robmo on this very Thread treated it like an issue, like a BUG, on his words....and granted that this exploit was gonna be placed on high priority to be fixed.

No it was added after it was addressed by Henrik. It was a while ago. Many people who dont deal with what you are doing dont know about it. Unless they read the patch notes.

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021

Anyway, it is pathetic.

I dont really have much news about it other than they know about it.

manure

May 7, 2022
I dont really have much news about it other than they know about it.

Thanks Robmo, for the update.
Im glad they know about it. It means its just a matter of time then to get it finally fixed.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
GM’s Role

Hello Mortals,

I wanted to consolidate some of the support messages into one regarding GMs and their functions. It is a GM’s role to assist players when the game does something that is not intended by the game’s code and/or design. An example of this is being stuck in a location. It is not a GM’s role to help players to do functions that the game doesn’t allow currently or ever. An example would be a GM moving a house. If a player tries to receive help or to trick a GM in bad faith, they will be punished for it. Luckily, this does not happen often, but I wanted to give a friendly warning. We have received a large increased number of tickets for things the GMs are not supposed to assist with. Please only use the ticket system if you found a bug, need a location for said bug, are stuck or the game has locked your progress in some unintended way. Thank you. Below will be some of the consolidation.

GM Tickets

We wanted to take some time regarding how GM Tickets work. There is a bit of confusion and by going through some of the steps or rules, it may make the process faster and easier for everyone.

To place a ticket;

Hit ESC
Press Contact GM
Write in your issue and pick the closest category to match
Wait for a response
Now if you log out of the game to relog, switch servers or call it a day, your ticket will be removed, and you will NOT be contacted. If you have been waiting for a response for a long time, this may be due to this. Since the alts, it has become a slower process to respond to tickets and we apologize for this. As the alts get removed, things will get faster on the GM’s end. Thank you for your patience.

GM Tickets Process

There are a few things we wanted to address or help out with regarding GM Tickets.

Responding to a GM

To respond to a GM, your text should look like this;

/w GMname msg

There is no need to add the GM Tag, here is an example;

/w Discord Hello

Guild/Group Tickets

If your guild or group of players are running into a problem that requires a ticket, please only submit ONE ticket for the group. Multiple group tickets will slow down the process. Thank you for the consideration.

Spamming of GM Tickets

We wanted to inform you that by spamming a ticket for the GM to get to your issue does not speed up the process. Continuous spam of the same ticket may lead to temporary bans. Thank you for understanding.

Loot Bags on cliffs and GMs

I wanted to make a quick support announcement regarding using GM tickets for loot bags. GMs will not get your loot that is on the side or edge of a cliff for you. It is lost. Gravity OP. Thank you.

Account and Client Support

If you are encountering problems with your client or account issues, we want to direct you to help center website: https://www.mortalonline2.com/help-center/

Please do not reach out to the CEO or the Dev team for these issues. They will not get resolved this way. If you have any questions, feel free to DM @Robmo on Discord
Nice, lost a bunch of gold from broken buy orders GMs told me they would see what they can do. Where can i contact them? Discord app is not an option for me.
Otherwise i have to be doing ingame petitions to check on the status of my problem and i never get a responce.

Harper

Jul 16, 2022
85.9 hours in and my character somehow deleted itself when i logged out. is there a way to recover my character?