Gaming Laptop for MO2 ??‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Laptops are getting so much better its easy to run game and even video editing programs now without many issues.

Though i do want to point out that if you are looking to spend 2.5k or more you can easily get a desktop that will outperform most of the laptops around the same price.

Here's a build i did without a cass, PS and monitor.. A power supply for this system would be around 150-200 max. Cheap cases 100ish and monitor of your choice, ofc suggesting 144htz or more but that's my preference. Total cost of this build would be around 2.7k with a decent monitor. A great monitor would only be another 2 hundo...
.cheapcomputer.png

Once again i highly suggest people to use " User Benchmark " to find parts and do compairisions. It's surprising a very good way to test your computer vs others who have put lots of money into their set up.

Attachments

• cheapcomputer.png
    cheapcomputer.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Fortuona

Tomasine Rehnborg

Jun 21, 2022
I haven’t paid attention to hardware/gaming since I sold my PC years ago.

What kind of laptop do I want in order to have a nice experience during massive wars on MO2 and some VR?

An i7 and rtx 2070 or 2080?

I can find those for under 2k.

Thanks
I'm not a professional in the gaming field or gadgets in general. However, there are a lot of platforms that can help you find the best device for your needs. Some years ago, I was looking for a laptop cleaning service and found these nice guys. I have been using their services since then and can't be more satisfied. They are always my top choice when it comes to cleaning services, repairing, or when I need to contact someone when I want to buy a gadget or upgrade my old ones for something new.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I wouldn't use a laptop for gaming unless you have some wild cooling. I admit I haven't had too many lap tops, but since you gotta buy them (even custo built,) I find them to be really HOT especially for things like long gaming sessions. I've never experienced (or rarely?) problems cuz of the heat, but hot to the touch cpus are a bad look IMO. I even got a desktop replacement laptop for awhile and that was HOT too.

And like dude said re 2500 yea... you can get a desktop for like (well I dunno how parts are now) 1000~ and it would be better than the best laptop you could build. A lot of places on the net say they will make you a laptop, but it's hard to know what you're gonna get.

My PoV now, get a tablet or a cheapie laptop and get a desktop. Laptops are for like emulating old consoles, writing, movies, etc... you don't wanna be playing games that are gonna push your shit.

tal0s

Sep 5, 2021
I haven’t paid attention to hardware/gaming since I sold my PC years ago.

What kind of laptop do I want in order to have a nice experience during massive wars on MO2 and some VR?

An i7 and rtx 2070 or 2080?

I can find those for under 2k.

Thanks
Either would be fine, I run desktop 2080 and rarely go under 100+

tal0s

Sep 5, 2021
Would you guys buy this lappy for $1,200 USD?

Used very good condition - local seller. They bought it a year ago lowest they will go is $1,200.

GE75 Raider 95G

Display: 1080p 144hz IPS panel
Memory: 32gb ddr4 ram
Graphics: RTX 2080
CPU: i7 9750h
Storage: 500gb m.2 + 2TB HDD
Steel Series keyboard
Windows 10 OS

View attachment 229
Yea for 1200 I'd buy this just to have it. But it will absolutely do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.