Gaming Laptop for MO2 ??‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominulf

Aug 2, 2020
I haven’t paid attention to hardware/gaming since I sold my PC years ago.

What kind of laptop do I want in order to have a nice experience during massive wars on MO2 and some VR?

An i7 and rtx 2070 or 2080?

I can find those for under 2k.

Thanks

Last edited:

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
I've personally suggest going with the 2080super, you'll spend another $500 or so, though the performance is quite a bit better. I use "user benchmark" to check out different computers and components. Google user benchmark and do some comparisons on laptops you like and see what fits your budget.

Dominulf

Aug 2, 2020
Thanks Phen. It’s the first time I’ve seen user benchmark.

i personally suggest no laptop at all and a high end gaming rig much better price performance than a 4k screen and the graphics will blwo you out of the chair.

maybe bay the upcoming 3990ti they planned

Desktop are superior, for sure. I haven’t see MO2 in 4k

I don’t think I am all that interested in buying a full size desktop and doing that whole thing again, lol.

Might be nice to play MO2 outside in nature, or in bed. ?

Reactions: tal0s and Phen

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
Desktop are superior, for sure. I haven’t see MO2 in 4k

I don’t think I am all that interested in buying a full size desktop and doing that whole thing again, lol.

Might be nice to play MO2 outside in nature, or in bed. ?

But Note, Youtube compression, and also you need 4k screen to see the details, and on top of that on native 4k screne in front of you ist much better. Fuck youtube compression. in real it looks much sharper and more details and les pixly.

4k Gsync rocks.

• Love
Reactions: Dominulf

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Desktop all the way but then again some laptops does do the deed. Back in 2011-2012 I played on a laptop, a very expensive laptop at that.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
There is usually a reason why people would need a laptop rather than a desktop.

As much as I love my desktop, I might have to get a laptop by the end of the year. I'm heading out on a 6 month shift as part of my education and I'd go insane without my games. Bringing your desktop to a ship just isn't viable, unless it is a more permanent position at the ship, like Chief, Captain or 1st officer. I've seen captains that basically never got the chance to leave their ship for years.
A trans Atlantic ship I worked on as engine, the captain was on 365 days of the year, poor guy was a gamer and had his desktop computer with him luckily. That guy got more pay in a years time than I get for a decade of work. 365 days of pay + 365 days of vacation pay on a 1 week on 1 week off contract sitting on the highest paying position to boot. Crazy.

Just don't see how I could bring anything other than a laptop or a portable console.
For me personally i'd be more limited to 4G than the lower performance of the laptop.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
slightly older nvidia mobile cards are better than the newer ones performance wise, but they have about twice the power draw.
For the AMD ones, newer means both power draw and performance is better. What i've seen the AMD mobile ones are better than the nvidia ones, especially for the price.
But then again, you get what you can get and if you have always used nvidia there is no reason to change. There is literally no reason to go a intel atm though.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
slightly older nvidia mobile cards are better than the newer ones performance wise, but they have about twice the power draw.
For the AMD ones, newer means both power draw and performance is better. What i've seen the AMD mobile ones are better than the nvidia ones, especially for the price.
But then again, you get what you can get and if you have always used nvidia there is no reason to change. There is literally no reason to go a intel atm though.
sry man but,

nvidia stoped building cards taht are only for mobile, so performance is now much better. a 1650ti in a laptop ist the same chip like a 1650ti for a desktop.

in the old times there was a gtx 960 for desktop and a gtx 960m for mobile and that was a huge difference.

So now they are better. SO what in the fucking hell are you talking about?
Here the difference, sry bro but get your facts right.

Mobile cards were shit before nvidia stoped the costom production, now they ar emuch better. because they use desktop cards, but they often have thermal issues and have lower rate because of that issues but some manufacturers can handle the more heat well.

Last edited:

Dominulf

Aug 2, 2020
Would you guys buy this lappy for $1,200 USD?

Used very good condition - local seller. They bought it a year ago lowest they will go is $1,200.

GE75 Raider 95G

Display: 1080p 144hz IPS panel
Memory: 32gb ddr4 ram
Graphics: RTX 2080
CPU: i7 9750h
Storage: 500gb m.2 + 2TB HDD
Steel Series keyboard
Windows 10 OS

316C3CFA-BDAE-4CBD-8237-9236FAC3B4BF.png

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Would you guys buy this lappy for $1,200 USD?

Used very good condition - local seller. They bought it a year ago lowest they will go is $1,200.

GE75 Raider 95G

Display: 1080p 144hz IPS panel
Memory: 32gb ddr4 ram
Graphics: RTX 2080
CPU: i7 9750h
Storage: 500gb m.2 + 2TB HDD
Steel Series keyboard
Windows 10 OS

View attachment 229

Honestly for the price it would play any game your looking for atm. I would buy it just cause the price is right.

also should be able to run VR, though i would suggested putting very little on the computer itself. Biggest issues are heating problems, so make sure to check it all the way though before purchasing.

• Love

Dominulf

Aug 2, 2020
Thank you I appreciate that

Honestly for the price it would play any game your looking for atm. I would buy it just cause the price is right.

also should be able to run VR, though i would suggested putting very little on the computer itself. Biggest issues are heating problems, so make sure to check it all the way though before purchasing.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
thats actually a good deal wtf.

but guys remember making good deal on graphic card for example oon ebay can go wrong fast evne on amazon.

you get a 960 or 1060 with a 1080ti Cooler on it, and shit, and the changed firmwar eof the thing will tell you its a 1080ti.
Linus made a video about that. because if you buy stuff used, it could be anything same with nirvana ssd with 2tb sotrage but they have only 128gb for example. that cna easy be manipulated. so dont trust anyone ever. I dont say @Dominulf
is an asshole/scammer. many people are honest, but if some deal are to good to be true than they are shit, but lately even the prices are similar so just be aware of that stuff.

i jsut wanna spread awareness, because many people got fucked over from ebay scams and stuff. because how the fuck do they can know this withotu an engeniering degree or Youtube tec fanboy watching vidoes. Like yeah, you cant blame the victims oftne because its hiddne so hard.

and also if you buy stuff on ebay make payments only over the platform, just ebay, and not shady shit like tranfer moeny to ma paypal adress and than i willl send the stuff. NEVER ever do such stupid shit.

Its just sad a friend of a friend of mine got fucked over. because he simply wasnt aware that the internet is a place were everybody try to scam you at any possible change available. and also that you never ever transfer something without a bullet proof transfer service and confirm of the seller plattform.

anyway party hard, and good laptop bra.

• Love

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
cant find the graphic card shit maybe it was jayztwo cents or gamer nexus i dont know, yeah you get what i mean.

that go even further to many other devices and stuff to. its facinating how hard chinese people can fake stuff.

• Wow

Dominulf

Aug 2, 2020
Alright, the seller and his boyfriend argued about the price and it got settled out at $1,300.

It just seems like a solid purchase in general, like you said earlier in the thread about buying it just because the price is right. Look at how nice and clean these dudes kept it.

All the temperatures under high load are good. (We’ll be lagging out in a large scale fights anyway — ?? ?)

Anyway, bad ass . . . I have a computer again , lulz ??‍♂️

Damn Mortal Online ?

Attachments

• 0D130EFC-1E96-43D6-A12B-53206C9661F1.jpeg
    0D130EFC-1E96-43D6-A12B-53206C9661F1.jpeg
    198.2 KB · Views: 15

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
sry man but,

nvidia stoped building cards taht are only for mobile, so performance is now much better. a 1650ti in a laptop ist the same chip like a 1650ti for a desktop.

in the old times there was a gtx 960 for desktop and a gtx 960m for mobile and that was a huge difference.

So now they are better. SO what in the fucking hell are you talking about?
Here the difference, sry bro but get your facts right.

Mobile cards were shit before nvidia stoped the costom production, now they ar emuch better. because they use desktop cards, but they often have thermal issues and have lower rate because of that issues but some manufacturers can handle the more heat well.
Let me throw it back at you. What the hell are YOU talking about? Why are you refuting a point I did not make? Are you having some sort of breakdown?

The old series of cards using mobile versions had absolutely no similarities other than name 960 vs 960M as you mentioned, im actually typing this from my old work laptop with a 950M in it since my desktop is currently having parts reclaimed due to a power supply exploding.
It wasn't until recently we've been getting more or less the same as desktop graphics cards shoved into laptops and with the name actually representing performance vs the desktop variants of the cards and that goes for both Nvidia and AMD.

Last generation of laptop graphics cards (1060, 1070, 1080 for Nvidia and 580 570 560 480 for AMD.) Nvidia had excellent performance, very very close to their full desktop versions, the newer cards however have gone a different path. They have much worse performance than their namesakes on the desktop side of things but they draw less power. They are actually extremely power efficient. For a laptop that is a very good thing. Increased battery time and less heat to dissipate. Looking at benchmark compilations of laptops vs laptops you can see there are major benefits going AMD IGPU or MGPU vs Nvidia in certain price brackets. While in the high to super high end Nvidia still holds all the cards.

AMD is just dominating both the "Mobile"GPU and internal GPU market in the low to high end right now, but that doesn't mean that the laptops that end up being pushed out by amd are so much in a different ballpark with price vs performance that there would be no reason to get Nvidia. The price vs performance difference is actually not too bad and anyone that has had good experiences with nvidia has no negative reason of Nvidia to drop them for AMD.

When it comes to processors however, there are soooo many reasons not to go intel.
Price, Heat, performance and power draw. All simultaneously by often very noticeably margins in AMD favor. Its an exact reversal to how it was back in the amd FX days. Intel is now in the position that AMD was then, the only difference is Intel has shown no effort in keeping up with AMD. AMD is using smaller and smaller chip sizes and planning far ahead, while intel is struggling with almost two generation old technology.

When AMD was in that position they basically gave up on doing anything but trying to keep their stake in the price/performance on low to mid end, even at cost to themselves to keep themselves in the market. While investing heavily in new factories and getting new and better technology. Intel now in the same position are basically shooting themselves in the foot, trying to peddle worse processor for more than they ever charged for them while not planning for any technology that might reverse this.

I could say this is a good thing, but it is not. AMD and Intel always fighting over best price and performance is in everyone's best interest, it brings prices down and has technology being forced forward. If they could remain complacent and take no risks just selling the same old processor with new names and the odd % difference in performance and the occasional mark up in price and no investments into new technology being developed. They would. This is clearly the case for any market and any company.

Last edited:

Dominulf

Aug 2, 2020
There is usually a reason why people would need a laptop rather than a desktop.

As much as I love my desktop, I might have to get a laptop by the end of the year. I'm heading out on a 6 month shift as part of my education and I'd go insane without my games. Bringing your desktop to a ship just isn't viable, unless it is a more permanent position at the ship, like Chief, Captain or 1st officer. I've seen captains that basically never got the chance to leave their ship for years.
A trans Atlantic ship I worked on as engine, the captain was on 365 days of the year, poor guy was a gamer and had his desktop computer with him luckily. That guy got more pay in a years time than I get for a decade of work. 365 days of pay + 365 days of vacation pay on a 1 week on 1 week off contract sitting on the highest paying position to boot. Crazy.

Just don't see how I could bring anything other than a laptop or a portable console.
For me personally i'd be more limited to 4G than the lower performance of the laptop.

I hope you buy that laptop before you ship out — I doubt you will regret the portability and convenience... Game changer in that setting... I imagine ?

Just flex bro you work hard and make money spend it to live good

besides local sellers on facebook marketplace, offerup, letgo etc.

Go on Ebay and type in rtx 2080 laptop
Filter by Auction only
Sort by Ending Soonest

and start watching and camping a bid

I like and miss how CRT monitors refresh rate feels on my
? ? So I don’t mind 1080p at 144hz

Reactions: Speznat

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
I hope you buy that laptop before you ship out — I doubt you will regret the portability and convenience... Game changer in that setting... I imagine ?

Just flex bro you work hard and make money spend it to live good

besides local sellers on facebook marketplace, offerup, letgo etc.

Go on Ebay and type in rtx 2080 laptop
Filter by Auction only
Sort by Ending Soonest

and start watching and camping a bid

I like and miss how CRT monitors refresh rate feels on my
? ? So I don’t mind 1080p at 144hz
I'll definitely take a look at used laptops first. There is always the chance of getting last gen when the new gen comes out at about half new price. Which would be fancy. I'll defo need a laptop with 144hz monitor, cant live without it anymore. Graphic cards wise i'd probably survive with about 2070 performance, gotta be able to play some of that cyber punk!

Status
Not open for further replies.