Game freezing

talset

Jan 15, 2022
So my game is running great FPS/PING but it does hard freeze every 1-2hrs. I've tried playing with the setting and everything. I thought it was OBS at first because it seemed to happen more when recording. I have since stopped but the process continues, not sure if its because I'm tabbing to my other screen too much or what.
Please let me if you guys have any thoughts or solutions.

Facelid

Jan 21, 2022
I had this issue as well, and I just could not sort it.
in the end the only thing I could think of was that it was a windows problem since my windows "Had reached the end of service" or whatever that message says. However I could not update, so in the end I decided to do a full re-install.

But it wouldn't let me re-install because of what turned out to be my hard disks conflicting with each other.
Once I unplugged the extra hard disks I could install windows, and I haven't had a problem since. Even after re-enabling the other hard disks.

So my advice, if you aren't into re-installing windows, is to make sure it's up to date. If you can't update, then unplug extra hard disks and see if that helps, and finally try to install on another hard disk. Maybe even on your main windows hard disk if it has space.

At the end of the day I don't know if the hard disk conflict was causing the problem, or if it was the windows which hadn't been updated for a long time.
Hope any of this is helpful :)

EDIT: I had no problems playing after the install.. But I didn't update to the newest windows update till after I was done playing, so I'm 99% sure it's the hard disk conflict, and not the windows not being updated, which caused the problem for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bicorps and talset

viktumx

Oct 23, 2020
I had to lock my fps at 60. This seems to have fixed the issue. I was averaging around 120. Runs very smooth now. Got to log out normally after a long play session this morning.

Reactions: talset

talset

Jan 15, 2022
I had to lock my fps at 60. This seems to have fixed the issue. I was averaging around 120. Runs very smooth now. Got to log out normally after a long play session this morning.
It;s funny I made some changes last night and played for like 6hrs with no problem was about to post it as a solution and boom crash freeze. going to try and cap my fps now.

viktumx

Oct 23, 2020
I did finally get a freeze after around 8-10 hours of play. While capped at 60fps. So it is not the solution but it tripled the time until a freeze,.
Seems more frequent when tabbing over to another monitor. Will play all day today without other monitors available. maybe?! lol

Reactions: talset

talset

Jan 15, 2022
I did finally get a freeze after around 8-10 hours of play. While capped at 60fps. So it is not the solution but it tripled the time until a freeze,.
Seems more frequent when tabbing over to another monitor. Will play all day today without other monitors available. maybe?! lol

I had the same result!

Starz

Apr 7, 2021
So my game is running great FPS/PING but it does hard freeze every 1-2hrs. I've tried playing with the setting and everything. I thought it was OBS at first because it seemed to happen more when recording. I have since stopped but the process continues, not sure if its because I'm tabbing to my other screen too much or what.

Man lucky you are even in the game

Zethes

Mar 19, 2021
I never had this freeze problem before, but ever since the latest patch my client freezes permanently after 30-60 minutes of playing. I'm still on Haven and everything was running smooth until now. I'm using Vsync and FPS is capped at 60 as always.

This is extremely frustrating and I don't feel like re-installing my Windows and all programs just for a chance to fix this broken game. This is one of the worst purchases I've ever made, that's for sure.

talset

Jan 15, 2022
I never had this freeze problem before, but ever since the latest patch my client freezes permanently after 30-60 minutes of playing. I'm still on Haven and everything was running smooth until now. I'm using Vsync and FPS is capped at 60 as always.

This is extremely frustrating and I don't feel like re-installing my Windows and all programs just for a chance to fix this broken game. This is one of the worst purchases I've ever made, that's for sure.
I understand wish I could be of help. So far mine is crashing about once every 24hrs. Below are my current settings. I've had the most luck. I havent noticed a difference between 11x and 12x either.
1643848191227.png

Reactions: Zethes

Wiped

Feb 3, 2022

Same for me i did every thing thats avaible on the Internet (regedit changes,admin stuff, new GFX Drivers,DX11 or DX12 and so on) still nothing changed, sometimes it runs for 2 hours but mostly 10min-20min than a freeze without any error message and nothing in the Windows Event Log.
That is for sure not on my side . For an Full Loot Game were you lose everything on you when you die its really annoying to get freezes now and then (already lost 7 Bears and over 7 times my full equipment). I really hope there will be a fix for this or even a walkaround would be nice to play the game (and not freeze).

Cyberjock

Jan 20, 2022
I’m also experiencing this issue on both my desktop and laptop. As it seems we are not getting any official support on this issue (or any others, not having a “Support” section in the forums) so it is up to us to figure this out. There is more than likely a “common denominator” here that is causing our issue. This is apparent to me since I am having this issue on 2 different computers (desktop and laptop), yet I have several friends and guild mates with several hundred hours in MO2 already without ever experiencing this issue.

There is another post here on the forums of folks having the same issue. I will link it here for reference:

https://mortalonline2.com/forums/th...im-having-bug-report-haven-freeze-crash.4431/

So, let’s start putting the info together by listing the following in your replies (please be as specific as possible):

1. Identifying the issue (to make sure we are talking about the same problem)

2. List PC Specifications

3. List Any Significant Configurations (multiple monitors, overclocking, special peripherals)

4. List Any Other Programs Running Other than MO2

5. List Things You Have Tried to Correct the Issue

6. Any Other Information That You May Feel Could Be Pertinent to the Issue

Here is my info:

1. Game freezes often and at random times. Could be every 10 min, could be 2hrs. There is no crash report or any kind or popup with any information. I am forced to alt+tab out and launch the task manager to “End Task” the game.

2. I have 2 computers that are having this issue (Desktop and Laptop)

DESKTOP:
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B450-I (ITX)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB Series 32GB DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600)
GPU: ASUS NVIDA GTX 970 4GB
Storage: 2X Crucial P1 1TB 3D NAND M.2 NVMe SSD (Striped RAID-0 for total of 2TB)
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 850W 80+ Gold
OS: Window 10 Home 64bit (full updated to current and all drivers up to date)

LAPTOP:
Model: ASUS ROG Zephyrus GA502D
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3750H
RAM: 16GB
GPU: NVIDA 1660 Ti Max-Q 6GB
Storage: Kingston 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD, Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB

3. Desktop: 3 monitors no OC / Laptop: 2 monitors but have ran with just the built-in lcd with no effect, no OC

4. Discord (I have closed all other applications with no effect)

5. Tried all the following with no change in issue:

-enable/disable of VSYNC in game and in Nvidia Control Panel
-enable/disable of DLSS in game
-DXGI ERROR DEVICE REMOVED registry fix
-turning off all overlays (Xbox Game Bar, Discord, Steam)
-Turning off Anti-Aliasing in Nvidia Control Panel
-updating graphics drivers
-launched with DX11and D12
-Verify integrity of game files (in Steam)
-Deleted MO2 Saved folder from %appdata%
-Uninstalled MO2 and Steam from 2nd drive (SSD D: ) and disconnected the drive from the system, reinstalled Steam and MO2 on primary and only drive left in the system (SSD C: )

6. Before force closing MO2 by pressing “End Task” in Task Manager I have noticed that the processor usage is very low (only a couple of %) and memory usage is still high. Also it says “(not responding)” next to Mortal Online 2 in Task Manager. This issue happens in Haven and Myrland, doesn't matter where you are. Having no issues with other games or software.

Let's figure this thing out and play!!!

Edit: Updated #5 and #6 (2022-02-08 @ 1615 CST)
Edit: Updated #5 (2022-02-08 @ 2215 CST)
Edit: Updated #5 (2022-02-10 @ 0854 CST)

Last edited:
Reactions: Wiped

Wiped

Feb 3, 2022
I’m also experiencing this issue on both my desktop and laptop. As it seems we are not getting any official support on this issue (or any others, not having a “Support” section in the forums) so it is up to us to figure this out. There is more than likely a “common denominator” here that is causing our issue. This is apparent to me since I am having this issue on 2 different computers (desktop and laptop), yet I have several friends and guild mates with several hundred hours in MO2 already without ever experiencing this issue.

There is another post here on the forums of folks having the same issue. I will link it here for reference:

https://mortalonline2.com/forums/th...im-having-bug-report-haven-freeze-crash.4431/

So, let’s start putting the info together by listing the following in your replies (please be as specific as possible):

3. List Any Significant Configurations (multiple monitors, overclocking, special peripherals)

Here is my info:

1. Game freezes often and at random times. Could be every 10 min, could be 2hrs. There is no crash report or any kind or popup with any information. I am forced to alt+tab out and launch the task manager to “End Task” the game.

2. I have 2 computers that are having this issue (Desktop and Laptop)

DESKTOP:
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B450-I (ITX)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB Series 32GB DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600)
GPU: ASUS NVIDA GTX 970 4GB
Storage: 2X Crucial P1 1TB 3D NAND M.2 NVMe SSD (Striped RAID-0 for total of 2TB)
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 850W 80+ Gold

LAPTOP:
Model: ASUS ROG Zephyrus GA502D
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3750H
RAM: 16GB
GPU: NVIDA 1660 Ti Max-Q 6GB
Storage: Kingston 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD, Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB

3. Desktop: 3 monitors no OC / Laptop: 2 monitors but have ran with just the built-in lcd with no effect, no OC

4. Discord (I have closed all other applications with no effect)

5. Tried all the following:

-enable/disable of VSYNC in game

6. Before force closing MO2 by pressing “End Task” in Task Manager I have noticed that the processor usage is very low (only a couple of %) and memory usage is still high. Also it says “(not responding)” next to Mortal Online 2 in Task Manager. This issue happens in Haven and Myrland, doesn't matter where you are.

Let's figure this thing out and play!!!
Game Freeze after 10/20/30min sometimes after 2Hours

Motherboard: ASUS B450m-a
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT BLS8G4D32AESCK Desktop Gaming Speicher (3200 MHz, DDR4, DRAM, 8GB, CL16) x3 (24gig)
GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 KO Gaming, 06G-P4-2066-KR, 6GB GDDR6
Storage: Kingston A2000 SA2000M8/500G SSD (NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 500GB) , 1TB HDD , Samsung MZ-7TE120BW Serie 840 EVO Basic interne-SSD-Festplatte (6,4 cm (2,5 Zoll) (120GB, 256MB Cache, SATA III,)
PSU: AeroCool Lux - Netzteil 650W, PRISMA RGB, Modular, 80Plus Bronze
OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version:20H2 (full updated to current and all drivers up to date) fresh install (25.‎01.‎2022)

3 Monitors (no OC)

with OBS,Discord and without every other even disabled firewall and all other Security Software

Used Process Lasso to limit CPU Core if it goes to 100% (not a single time my cpu went to 100%)
capped FPS at 30/31/45/59/60 so it cant be an overheat problem
fresh Windows install
used a Speedup Program (Razer Cortex)
-enable/disable of VSYNC in game
launched with DX11 or DX12 .. no difference
and so maybe more i allready forgot

Same as you i had Taskmanager on second Screen and sometimes it showed not responding but it goes away and then it sometimes dont and Game freezes.
Have no issues with other Games (New World,Tom Clancy Extraction and so on all on EPIC and working fine no issues no crashes nothing)
There is no crash report and nothing in EventManager .. nothing

I gave up on the Game till there is an official (or workaround for it) sad cause its a nice game.

Reactions: Cyberjock

Bicorps

Jun 27, 2020

I had this issue before and fixed it.
When you uninstall the game some files stay for X reason. I had a lot of files still on my second SSD which was causing problem ( Probably Wirering problem). So I disconnected the SSD and now no more hard freeze.

So Basically... disconnect your other harddrive, there might be some files in there and launch the game. U gonna notice a lot of texture, mesh and lightning missing, if its the case that why, uninstall and reinstall the game again with your second harddrive out.

Also try DX11 before.

Good luck ^^

PS: I know, telling you to disconnect your secondary harddrive is kinda radical but u gonna have to troubleshoot a little bit. U can try to find the MO2 files , personally never found them.

I had this issue as well, and I just could not sort it.
in the end the only thing I could think of was that it was a windows problem since my windows "Had reached the end of service" or whatever that message says. However I could not update, so in the end I decided to do a full re-install.

But it wouldn't let me re-install because of what turned out to be my hard disks conflicting with each other.
Once I unplugged the extra hard disks I could install windows, and I haven't had a problem since. Even after re-enabling the other hard disks.

So my advice, if you aren't into re-installing windows, is to make sure it's up to date. If you can't update, then unplug extra hard disks and see if that helps, and finally try to install on another hard disk. Maybe even on your main windows hard disk if it has space.

At the end of the day I don't know if the hard disk conflict was causing the problem, or if it was the windows which hadn't been updated for a long time.
Hope any of this is helpful :)

EDIT: I had no problems playing after the install.. But I didn't update to the newest windows update till after I was done playing, so I'm 99% sure it's the hard disk conflict, and

Yup harddrive problem(Or wirering or motherboard), u probably installed MO2 on this harddrive and uninstalled it at some point but some files stayed in and your computer have to go true 2 harddrive to pick these files and render which might cause problem.

Kinda funny im not the only one that had these god damn issues, I played soooooo long like this ... Freezing every hour for like 10 sec.

Last edited:

Cyberjock

Jan 20, 2022
I had this issue before and fixed it.
When you uninstall the game some files stay for X reason. I had a lot of files still on my second SSD which was causing problem ( Probably Wirering problem). So I disconnected the SSD and now no more hard freeze.

Unfortunately, there is not a good way of correcting it for me if this is indeed the cause. Both of my computers (Desktop and Laptop) are having the same issue. Although they both have 2 physical SSDs, the desktop is running a raid controller and the 2 SSDs are in Raid-0 (stripe) so that I only have 1 actual hard disk in windows (just a C:\ drive and that's it). My laptop does use have 2 separate drives (C:\ and D:\) but again it is unfortunate that I can not remove either one since Windows is on C:\ and Steam with over 800GB of games including MO2 is on D:\. So if I remove either I would not either be able to load windows or the game.

This is good info and I may try testing it on my laptop by breaking down and uninstalling Steam and all my games off 2nd hard drive, disconnecting the drive and installing Steam and MO2 on the main drive.

Lumos

Jan 4, 2022
I'm suffering really badly from this issue as well on a i9900k and 3080, the system loads, temps and power use are all perfectly fine and then I get these 1-90s periods of zero gpu load occurring randomly. I cannot isolate the cause and never had it before persistence patch hit, but it's getting to the point where I cannot play the game any more as these freezes occurring in combat regularly leads to lootbag loss.

Fucking hell something is fucked up

Bicorps

Jun 27, 2020
I'm suffering really badly from this issue as well on a i9900k and 3080, the system loads, temps and power use are all perfectly fine and then I get these 1-90s periods of zero gpu load occurring randomly. I cannot isolate the cause and never had it before persistence patch hit, but it's getting to the point where I cannot play the game any more as these freezes occurring in combat regularly leads to lootbag loss.

Fucking hell something is fucked up

I tell you, I was freezing like this on 80% of the game I was playing and the cause was my second SSD having files of the game. I changed GPU 2 time thinking it was that and it specially happen when ALT-TAB.