Gaining and Losing Reputation and Standing with Nations (incl. Task System)

MomoWang

May 7, 2021
Beta Patch Notes 0.1.12.7 - December 16, 2021

Added
: Added additional task parcels between Kranesh, Gaul Kor, Cave Camp and Jungle Camp.
Fix: ‘Reputation’ changed to ‘Standing’ in the task delivery panel.

Investigation
New parcel delivery tasks have been added as per the patch notes.

The reputation system remains broken as follows
  • If you have negative reputation with a Nation, you cannot enter guarded towns in that Nation otherwise guards attack you.
  • You can only complete parcel deliver tasks between the 4 lawless/red cities/camps in order to gain reputation
  • The reputation gain remains a variable range between 0 and 2, meaning you are likely to receive no reputation gain.
  • When delivering to a lawless city/camp, it is random which Nation you receive reputation for. So it may not actually help you (this statement is still under investigation, Henrik did not answer the question in the live stream)

Feedback
Shout out to @Tzone for this feedback

I just did the CC to GK one and got tind rep. My kurtie rep is maxed so its probably randomized between tind and kur empires.

Shout out to [BEAR] wyqydsyq who provided feedback and posted this video
The parcel task from Kranesh to Cave Camp gives you a deed to deliver, however the Cave Camp Task Vendor does not accept the task.

Last edited:
Reactions: wyqydsyq

m4rt3

Dec 10, 2021
so, first I need to go through the abyssmal experience of leveling up a mage
then I need to go through the abyssmal experience of farming with a mage
then, I need to run for hours to actually find human beings
and god forbid, I have fun pvp for 5mins,
and then I need to deal with a reputation system like this?

Yea no regrets I bought the beta access, have had moneys worth fun. But every time I come back here to read the update notes, I feel less and less excited about the release. Sure, I will play the game for the first 2-3 months as population is booming, but then? I rather quit than deal with all these new unfun systems.
I would assume they are going to have to re-work some aspect of this whole system as there are far too many complaints about it. Let's just hope they have some changes in store for launch.

MomoWang

May 7, 2021
The original post has been updated to reflect the new patch 0.1.13.8 on January 9, 2022.

Patch Notes
  • Parcels now always give 1 reputation if the parcels give more: anything beyond 1 dice rolls like pre-patch.
  • Tweaked the thursar reputation gain.
Commentary
  • Research completed thus far on 7 parcel task deliveries show the guaranteed 1 reputation gain is "working as intended"

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
The original post has been updated to reflect the new patch 0.1.13.8 on January 9, 2022.

Patch Notes
  • Parcels now always give 1 reputation if the parcels give more: anything beyond 1 dice rolls like pre-patch.
  • Tweaked the thursar reputation gain.
Commentary
  • Research completed thus far on 7 parcel task deliveries show the guaranteed 1 reputation gain is "working as intended"

still not a system I can get behind tho!! ugh. Oh well, it's better than getting 0'd, which is ultimate grief.

MomoWang

May 7, 2021
Agree @Emdash . The patch fixed the bugs in the current game mechanics, however those game mechanics don't make the reputation system playable. I was hoping they would have added the ability to claim something like a Risar/Sator/Bandit head as an option prior to launch to test it.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Agree @Emdash . The patch fixed the bugs in the current game mechanics, however those game mechanics don't make the reputation system playable. I was hoping they would have added the ability to claim something like a Risar/Sator/Bandit head as an option prior to launch to test it.

ya never know, they might get it next one. I am forever saying "next one."

MomoWang

May 7, 2021
The original post has been updated to reflect the Hot Patch on 13 January 2022.

Changes
Specifically: Added a rescue mission task to the Tindrem task vendor.
The mission is accepted form the Tindrem Task Vendor to find a lost Tindremic Officer. You take the task deed to the Officer and exchange it. You can gain up to 5 standing with Tindremic Provinces nation.

Still looking for confirmation
  • What nation is the Task Vendor in Cave Camp labelled as (because you get standing in the NPC labelled/branded nation when you hand it in) ?
  • What nation is the Task Vendor in Gaul Kor labelled as ?
  • Has anyone seen a parcel delivery task that offers more than a maximum of 2 standing?

Game mechanic wishlist for Standing / Tasks
  1. Add a benefit for good standing to make it worth it. At present you only have to be positive for the guards not to attack you. Add a benefit to a higher status, even the top level of Admired, such as a reduced tax rate at the broker to at least make it worth doing until the system is further expanded.
  2. When you complete a task and choose your reward, the text message in chat should confirm exactly what you received. So instead of You received standing in X nation, it should tell you the exact value of the standing you received.
  3. Parcel delivery tasks should factor in a difficulty level to the rewards. This difficult may be based on the distance travelled or the danger associated with the collection/drop-off location.

LilLordFontleroy

Nov 28, 2020
Just wanted to mention, this will "help" a lot with protecting others from thieving when it's in the game because previously in MO1 I could thief my ass off all day in Tindrem, now if you thief too much you will get permatargeted by guards until you increase your rep again. Could be an interesting balance.

• Angry
Reactions: Alroavin

MomoWang

May 7, 2021
The original post has been updated to reflect the Hot Patch on 19 January 2022 when the pre-release wipe occurred.

Changes
  • You can select your Nation during character creation. This has no impact on your starting reputation/standing or your ability to gain/lose standing with that Nation. The only purpose is to affect the motif and tattoos available during character creation.
  • Completing a parcel delivery task previously allowed for clade points, standing or gold. The ability to claim gold has been removed.
Observations
  • 8 parcel deliver tasks between Vadda, Bakti, Moh Ki and Jungle camp were completed for testing. The same value of 2 standing is the reward for all tasks, the reward has not been adjusted to take into account distance or difficulty of the delivery task.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Now that they flattened it out, the human double chance gift needs a buff, ey? I'd like chance to gain DOUBLE rep.

Starz

Apr 7, 2021
"It is the action of performing the criminal act which triggers the loss of standing, not the outcome of the act. You do not need to kill a player in or near a city to lose standing. and the guards do not need to have killed you for you to lose standing."

This needs to be fixed. That's not how a realistic world works.

MomoWang

May 7, 2021
Patch 1.0.0.13, February 10, 2022
No changes in the patch notes about tasks

February 10, 2022 Twitch stream commentary from Henrik:
In every city there is a Tavern which has a Task NPC that allows you to do some simple tasks right now that will give you rewards and nations standing. There will be multiple types of tasks in the future.

You will also be able to sign up to one of those alignments and nation conflicts which will allow you to go even deeper towards those ranks.

risarshop

Mar 25, 2021
Lictors oneshot and they teleport to allmost all of guardzone where guards would be. Even if you survive the first unparriable instant damage that happens as soon as they go into attack most they are unparriable.

Lictors are extremely annoying and didnt fix anything about the game.
Lictors are not everywhere and not every guard is a lictor.

I think the solution adopted to limit the griefing in town ain't bad at all. and it does not prevent griefing from happening, it's just a limitation on the amount of griefing you can use in a limited amount of time. Which is good. let's be honest. Tindrem was looking like Compton in LA, in mortal online 1.

MomoWang

May 7, 2021
This guide has been updated to reflect changes effective from patch 1.0.2.7 on Saturday May 7, 2022
Changes for reputation are as follows:
  • The Task Vendor in Toxai has been changed from Anam Sith to Khurite Allied Tribes. This removes the ability to earn standing with Anam Sith in the game right now (not that you could do anything with it anyway).
  • The chance factor in receiving reputation from completing tasks has been removed. This means you will always receive the standing value shown in the reward window if you select it.
  • The bounty system has been added and you will receive 3 standing with that nation when claiming a bounty.
Still to be confirmed is:
  • if the Bounty vendors are the same nation as the task vendors in each town; and
  • if there are Bounty vendors in Kranesh, Cave Camp, Jungle Camp and Gaul'kor

Last edited:

MomoWang

May 7, 2021
Patch Notes 1.0.16.24 on May 9, 2023
  • There is now a Kallard task vendor in Cave Camp.
A visit to Cave Camp has confirmed the new Kallard task vendor is there. It gives/receives the same tasks as the Tindremic Vendor. The new Kallard task vendor represents the Republic of Nordveld nation.

temp.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Amadman

MomoWang

May 7, 2021
Request for assistance
I looking to identify the various labels for Nation Standing based on the current standing value.
What I have at the moment is:
  • -70 Bad
  • 0-24 Disliked
  • 25-39 Tolerated
  • 40-49 Appreciated
  • 50-69 Liked
  • 70+ Admired
Unconfirmed minimum depending on character build is -115, maximum is +100 with certain nations.

I would appreciate if anyone has negative values can they advise what the negative number is and if the label is someone other than Disliked.

Thanks
Momo

temp.jpg

Last edited: